Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Gone Girl - this movie is as crazy as the couple it's about.

It starts out as a typical missing person mystery suspense type flick but then it flips that idea on it's head and then does it a couple more times before it's over.

It's really good and wholly unique and unexpected. It's dark, it's twisted it's weird and I haven't decided yet what exactly it's trying to say.

There were a few times you just have to say wow, wtf.

Affleck and Pike were very good in their roles and other small roles like the investigative cops and Tyler Perry delivered as well.

I'm still thinking about this one...it's not that there is a mystery ending, the movie ties itself up but it's just so different from what I had expected it to be I have to keep running back in my mind trying to figure out what the heck I just watched. I loved the opening and ending scenes too.

It examines men and women, stereotypes, domestic abuse, marriage, the power of the sexes...quite a bit of stuff.

The story doesn't totally fit together in some spots if you think about it. Some of the police behavior toward the end is completely laughable and irregular but it doesn't really hurt the movie or the story it's trying to tell. It also felt like a long movie to me, I thought it was ending a couple times but it didn't.

It was a fun time time though and a movie I will be watching again.

My vote  for movie of the year.  Plenty of WTF moments.

Gone Girl - this movie is as crazy as the couple it's about.

It starts out as a typical missing person mystery suspense type flick but then it flips that idea on it's head and then does it a couple more times before it's over.

It's really good and wholly unique and unexpected. It's dark, it's twisted it's weird and I haven't decided yet what exactly it's trying to say.

There were a few times you just have to say wow, wtf.

Affleck and Pike were very good in their roles and other small roles like the investigative cops and Tyler Perry delivered as well.

I'm still thinking about this one...it's not that there is a mystery ending, the movie ties itself up but it's just so different from what I had expected it to be I have to keep running back in my mind trying to figure out what the heck I just watched. I loved the opening and ending scenes too.

It examines men and women, stereotypes, domestic abuse, marriage, the power of the sexes...quite a bit of stuff.

The story doesn't totally fit together in some spots if you think about it. Some of the police behavior toward the end is completely laughable and irregular but it doesn't really hurt the movie or the story it's trying to tell. It also felt like a long movie to me, I thought it was ending a couple times but it didn't.

It was a fun time time though and a movie I will be watching again.

I actually disagree.

The story ends perfectly for them, as they have all the evidence they need to wrap it up. This probably happens a lot more than you think. No work for them and it is all sorted out. Perception is key, remember that.

However I was 0AJllST.png at the last 30 minutes. Completely repulsed.

Great movie tho.

Edited by JoeWolf990

The media coverage was about this woman being missing and presumably killed by her husband. Thats what hte investigation was around.

Of course it had holes in it, but the perception was she was kidnapped and raped by a crazy ex lover. She even has video of it.

IT just wraps up nicely for the police so they can take credit without doing work. I think it happens a lot more than we think. But thats my opinion.

Edited by JoeWolf990

welcome aboard, Blue.  that film changed my life.  

If you liked Oldboy, i beg you to watch "I Saw the Devil."  its available on netflix streaming

Edited by Chew

headhunters is a little known pretty awesome flick that is available on Netflix. it is subtitled though, I know that's not for everyone but it doesn't bother me.

I liked that one. Norwegians and Sweeds make some pretty good thrillers.

welcome aboard, Blue.  that film changed my life.  

If you liked Oldboy, i beg you to watch "I Saw the Devil."  its available on netflix streaming

Never mind. Different directors.

Still wanna see I Saw the Devil, though.

Edited by thebluefood

Seven Psychopaths (2012)

f0f7666144a08f7caa65c115590cc247-seven-p

A struggling screenwriter inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles criminal underworld after his oddball friends kidnap a gangster's beloved Shih Tzu.

This movie has it all; well-written, violent, hilarious, crime drama comedy. You will laugh your ass off one scene, and get completely grossed out by another. Similar in style to Inglorious ****s  When I first saw it, it immediately was in my top 10 favorties. Maybe even top 5. Sam Rockwell is gold!

Go see this if you haven't already. 9-9.5/10 for me.

The Quaker story is one of the most badass things i've ever seen!

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

ST Bone Daddy...i was just watching that last night LOL.  first time I saw it it was kinda playing in the background.  Very good movie.  I agree with STBD's recommendation, check it out when you can.  A lot of big names.

Seven Psychopaths (2012)

f0f7666144a08f7caa65c115590cc247-seven-p

A struggling screenwriter inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles criminal underworld after his oddball friends kidnap a gangster's beloved Shih Tzu.[/size]

This movie has it all; well-written, violent, hilarious, crime drama comedy. You will laugh your ass off one scene, and get completely grossed out by another. [/size]Similar in style to Inglorious ****s[/size] [/size] When I first saw it, it immediately was in my top 10 favorties. Maybe even top 5. Sam Rockwell is gold![/size]

Go see this if you haven't already. 9-9.5/10 for me.[/size]

The Quaker story is one of the most badass things i've ever seen![/size]

this was one of my favorite movies of 2012. Edited by JoeWolf990

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Seven Psychopaths. I may have posted about it in this thread when I saw it earlier lol

Fury

Fury-Movie-Poster.jpg

April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Out-numbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

---------

This movie is dark, bleak, unforgiving and in some part, stunning.

It's very good. You really get used to the inside of a tank which is a welcome change for the genre and the crew is believable and works well with each other. It's gritty like SPR though not as graphic and it's not exactly the most realistic of war movies but again, it works.

Logan Lerman is wonderful as he usually is but Shia Lebeouf steals quite a few scenes as the emotional and religious soul of the group. Pitt as the fiery, savvy near legendary leader is great too. Shane from TWD is exactly what you would expect Shane from TWD to be if he was stuck in a tank in Nazi Germany

This isn't a movie that's going to put a smile on your face as you are leaving. It's a heavy toll but worth it.

"Ideals are peaceful, history is violent"

Watching The Conjuring as we speak. This movie is for real.

Thought it was a outrageously predictable yawnfest.

Saw the movie Sanctum tonight on Netflix. Thought it was pretty damn good, though I sent into it with very low expectations.

****in caves, man. Never, ever ever, ever ever ever ever.

Thought it was a outrageously predictable yawnfest.

Saw the movie Sanctum tonight on Netflix. Thought it was pretty damn good, though I sent into it with very low expectations.

****in caves, man. Never, ever ever, ever ever ever ever.

For real. **** caves, **** spelunking, **** the earthquake when you're crawling through a tight space.

**** that movie as a whole and **** all of the other movies that tug at my claustrophobia like Buried.

Fury. Grim film, and a little heavy handed at times (had a lot of the "buddy, war movie tropes), but Brad Pitt did a damn good job as Wardaddy and I thought it was worth my money. I did see the cut-rate matinee, mind you, but I was still worth my money. 

Edited by thebluefood
  • Like 1

John Wick with Keanu Reeves is a good action film. Since he can't act, this role is perfect for him.Violent and action packed. I enjoyed it.

The greatest action stars are usually kind of terrible actors.  Arnold could barely speak English and when he tried to show emotion often just ended up looking scary and insane.  Bruce Willis is the exact same character in every movie and he's had the longest career.  Stallone is horrible.  Jean Claude Van Damme, who we laugh at now was big back in the day, was so terrible he essentially function as a spoof of the genre if you go back and watch any of his movies.  Stephen Seagal, do I really even need to say anything else?  No. 

You know now that I think of it, when you put Keanu up against that back drop he seems a lot better.  lol