Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

i_mpm31.jpg

1979  Directed by Walter Hill

Representatives of a street gang from Coney Island try to make it back after a gang conclave goes bad. Framed for the murder of the leader of the biggest gang in New York,the Warriors spend the night running from and fighting rival gangs and the police in their effort to return home.  

Fun,simple flick. And not a bad soundtrack either. 

• Like 2

Earth To Echo

I liked it. It wasn't as magical as I was hoping but it definitely had it's moments. The found footage aspect wasn't too bad or distracting either.

The kids did a great job as well and stood out much like Super 8.

It worked for me and sort of brought out the kid and sense of adventure inside which is the point.

If only something like that could happen to me when I was little...

^^ that **** looks awesome, the wife and I both wanna see it

Runner Runner, with Timberlake, Emma, and Ben.  Meh, decent thriller/suspense flick.  predictable, but that's okay.  7/10. 

*Poster*

1979  Directed by Walter Hill

Representatives of a street gang from Coney Island try to make it back after a gang conclave goes bad. Framed for the murder of the leader of the biggest gang in New York,the Warriors spend the night running from and fighting rival gangs and the police in their effort to return home.  

Fun,simple flick. And not a bad soundtrack either. 

Wow someone actually did it correctly as requested in the OP  :)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Wow someone actually did it correctly as requested in the OP :)

Haha I've always felt bad that I never do that but I can never get photos to post from my phone and when I'm on ES 99% of time it's on my phone.

Anyway

---------------

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

This movie was amazing. I loved it. There is so much depth and emotional connection to both the apes and humans. I loved Rise and this one tops it in every way.

It's a tragic story and further shows how things ended up to the point of the original Planet of the Apes. The CGI looks great as well and extend the believability of the apes, especially the actors like Serkis who is rightfully getting a lot of praise.

Go see this movie...

• Like 1

MV5BMTQ2NzA5NjE4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ4

Enemy

A man seeks out his exact look-alike after spotting him in a movie.

--------

Wow, this movie is nuts. Its one of those movies similar to Donnie Darko where there are like a hundred little details and subtle meanings throughout that better define and give away what is happening. This one wasn't difficult to pick up on the main idea of what was going on but there was a lot of stuff that didn't make sense in how things fit together, including the fascination (unfortunately for me) with spiders. 

I watched a 25min youtube video afterwards which explained the spiders and some of the other symbolism that I missed. Having seen that, I really appreciate the movie a lot more. It's impressive and if you like those mind-bending, thriller indy movies, you'll love this one. 

• Like 1

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Worth spending your hard-earned money to go see. They chose to focus on the apes more than the humans, which I thought was great... it forces the viewer to empathize with them. Well done for a summer blockbuster.

Yeah the Apes are really fleshed out which was great. I think one of the things the film does well is that it doesn't make you side with either apes or humans really.

There is just a lot of gray area and you can sympathize with both sides. You don't root for one over the other, you end up rooting for the individuals that have the right moral compass. The bad apples exist in both sides and always will

which is why war and conflict are always inevitable.

All of the apes movies always do a great job projecting human nature and our society on the apes to help us see ourselves better. That's something this movie does extremely well.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Saw " Divergent" on plane from Miami to LAX. Awful futuristic sci-fi movie aimed at teenagers. Apparently there is a futuristic war that wipes out the population... and survivors live together in different factions.

I was asleep for the early part of the movie, but it was worse than Transformers 4. And they set up a sequel... but acting was so bad I am not interested in it at all.

^^^ I saw the previews for Divergent and thought it was the sequel to The Host, a similar teenage aimed movie about an alien body snatcher/takeover where young teenage love and virginity triumphs over all.

It wasn't until much later I realized they were different. It seems people are really tying to cash in on The Hunger Games and Twilight books/movie audiences.

But I do enjoy The Hunger Games, so...now you don't know what the hell to believe...

macdonald.gif

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I cannot comment on the movie since I have not seen it, but the Divergent book trilogy has some interesting ideas for the target audience (teens) to think about, such as when does a positive trait such as bravery cross the line into a negative (the factions are based around desired personality traits like honesty and humility).

That being said, the first book was pretty good (for YA Lit), the second was ok, and the third was not worth bothering with.

• Like 1

Back to the Future.

What is there to really say? I hadn't seen this movie in about 10 years. We have a movie theater here that shows classic movies once a week on an outdoor screen, and last night's showing was Back to the Future. Such a fun movie...

• Like 1

Saw a screening of Guardians of the Galaxy. Was pleasantly surprised by this film.  A good combination of action, fantasy and humor.   I'm not a huge Marvel comics fan, but I do like how their films have an overlapping element.  I feel it's worth seeing in theatres.

• Like 1

Saw a screening of Guardians of the Galaxy. Was pleasantly surprised by this film.  A good combination of action, fantasy and humor.   I'm not a huge Marvel comics fan, but I do like how their films have an overlapping element.  I feel it's worth seeing in theatres.

I'm so excited for this movie and am very happy with the good reviews it's been getting so far. I'm jealous you got to see it already.

Snowpiercer.  An outrageous movie, but not for everyone.  I really enjoyed it…8/10.

Snowpiercer was awesome...the axe fight blew my mind, it was so tense. I'd give it an 8/10 as well.

Very lucky! I just ordered a ticket for the IMAX 3D at the Hoffman next friday. Can't freakin' wait. I'm so excited for this film and hearing all of the great reviews, buzz, and kudos is making me go crazy(er).

Edited by Metalhead

Star Trek Into Darkness 

2013 J.J. Abrams. 

star-trek-2009-poster.jpg

The crew of the Enterprise confronts enemies from the past and present,(Klingons oh yeah),

as well as within the Federation itself as it pursues the man responsible for several Terrorist acts against the Federation on Earth. Including one that killed Kirk's friend and mentor,Captain Pike. Nothing will be as it seems on this quest for vengeance first,answers second. 

Nicely done sequel that continues to reimagine the Star Trek Universe. Like that they seemed to borrow from one of the best books written about the original Star Trek Universe. Diane Carey's Dreadnaught.  

Just back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. Boy was that a great surprise. The best movie I've seen this year (possibly last two years). The best of any Marvel movie to date. Highly recommend seeing it.

Edited by nonniey