Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I thought the new X-men was about a 6.5. It was overhyped to me. 3-D was good but not amazing. The 3-D preview for Transformers looked pretty good though.

Robocop was better than expected. The change in the story makes it more interesting. It was better than the Robocop sequels.

I would never pay to see Godzilla. Everyone I have seen is garbage, no thanks.

I need to ask permission from the admins if I can make a new thread about the software I use to watch movies. Every single movie in 1080p, no downloading required. It's an app/program. It's obviously illegal/pirating so I don't wanna post it and get banned, I'll ask first LOL

PM me now! Haha

Hugh Jackman showed his ass, the wife was pleased. :P

Appreciate your consistency lol

Oh, forgot I watched Last Vegas as well.  Deniro, Freeman, Kline, and Douglas.  Funnier than I expected.  Predictable for sure, but it was still a fun ride.  These old guys can still bring the laughs, and there was a lot of "old jokes" that my parents said they liked when they saw it LOL.  For what it was, I enjoyed it.  7.5/10

My first post in the tailgate.  Makes me feel kinda dirty, like hanging out in the back alley on ES. 

I'm a bit of a movie nerd, so if anyone appreciates indie type stuff, we can certainly bounce recommendations off each other. :)

XMen - Saw it last night.  I thought it was on par with the first two installments, though I admittedly like XMen 2 more than the first.  The scene with Quicksilver was exceptional.  Fassbender as Magneto is a nice touch.

Godzilla - Not bad, but probably not as good of a popcorn flick as Pacific Rim.  Gareth Edwards' desire to show less monster mayhem worked nicely in his indie flick Monsters, but it seems a bit misguided here when he had a blank check to work with.

Blue Ruin - Awesome little indie revenge flick about a guy looking to hunt down the man who killed his father.  Some dark humor mixed nicely with some graphic violence.  Highly recommend.

The Raid 2 - A little more sprawling than the original, but the fight sequences are badass.  As good as any action flick you will see at the movies, if you don't mind subtitles.  I highly recommend both installments of this franchise.  If you don't like a little gore with your action, you probably shouldn't watch this.

Under the Skin - Visually stunning tale that follows Scarlett Johansson around Scotland as she picks up hitchhikers and disposes of them.  I don't recommend this for anyone who doesn't like abstract films, but I would for anyone who likes cinematography and unique visions.  Scarlett is without clothes a lot which will satisfy most.

Rentals:

Blackfish - Documentary about the killer whales at Seaworld.  As disturbing as any horror flick you will see.  Such a riveting film, you'll find it hard to look away.

Take Shelter - From the director of Mud, a story about a man and his haunting visions of an impending apocalypse.  Michael Shannon is flawless here.  I would also recommend Shotgun Stories, which is the debut film from director Jeff Nichols.  

I saw X-Men, Days of Future Past.  It was fun and Blink has now replaced Night Crawler as my favorite super power shown in an xmen movie.  The downside is that I hate time travel stories because they are just begging for you to second guess them.  Wolverine should have gone with terminators plan.  :)

Watched my DVR free weekend movies.

Django unchained- good movie. A little long. The gore was a little hard to believe, but that's what you get with Tarantino.

Lincoln- bored me to tears until the last 30 minutes. But ok historical movie.

The Heat- had some funny moments. Favorite was when Sandra Bullocks character started cussing. Not great, but not bad.

This Means War- wife liked it. I thought it was pretty good. Probably the best that Reese Witherspoon has ever looked. At her hottest.

Reading your recap I realized I was thinking of Heat when you listed The Heat. My mistake lol, I thought you had Heat and Django to watch in which case, it would have been a great week.

This Means War is one of the better chick flicks to come out recently IMO. But I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan so that probably had a lot to do with why I feel that way.

Just read how Tom Hardy is in talks to play Sam Fischer in Splinter Cell. One word - Awesome!!

I really liked him in Bronson as well.

Just watched Saving Mr. Banks. Great movie. Highly enjoyable. I haven't looked to see how much of it is truth or not, but if it is true, Walt really displayed some patience.

I am not going to put up the full synopsis to avoid any type of spoilers, but it is about how Walt Disney acquired the rights to Marry Poppins.

Just read how Tom Hardy is in talks to play Sam Fischer in Splinter Cell. One word - Awesome!!

I really liked him in Bronson as well.

Just watched Saving Mr. Banks. Great movie. Highly enjoyable. I haven't looked to see how much of it is truth or not, but if it is true, Walt really displayed some patience.

I am not going to put up the full synopsis to avoid any type of spoilers, but it is about how Walt Disney acquired the rights to Marry Poppins.

From what I've heard, Saving Mr. Banks was party accurate, but left out a lot.  Didn't bother to read much past that, but the movie is losely based on a true story of how Disney acquired Poppins.  I thought it was a really good film. 

Bronson was excellent, I think that was the first time I ever saw Hardy.  He was one mean SOB in that movie.