Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

"Her"

Beautiful movie about loneliness, love, and the evolution of the human spirit.  Brilliant.  Joaquin Phoenix is a weird dude, but he can act.  Scarlett Johansson was great, though she was nothing more than a voice.  I highly recommend this flick, really good.  9.0/10.  

Philomena - Great movie, really enjoyed this one.  Judi Dench and Steve Coogan really did a good job, their relationship in the movie was really interesting.  This film took a giant crap on the catholic church, but it's the truth apparently.  Philomena is based on a 100% true story.  I highly recommend this film.  9/10

Ride Along - Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are pretty silly together.  Nothing special, but it was funny and I laughed pretty hard a few times.  Worth watching on a saturday night at home, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.   Kevin Hart is pretty typecast at this point, but he's still pretty good at what he does, physical comedy.  7.5/10

The Ledge

"A police officer looks to talk down a young man lured by his lover's husband to the ledge of a high rise, where he has one hour to contemplate a fateful decision."

This one got pretty bad reviews but I wanted to see it because I'm a fan of Charlie Hunnam.

I liked it. It's a very pro atheism movie which is whatever and I don't like that Christians apparently just can't be portrayed in movies as anything other than completely insane haha but it is what it is.

But anyway, I thought the movie was pretty good. It's hard to find anyone in the film to really root for though since we are talking extra marital affairs and a husband that does himself no favors in the like able department. I should add except for Terrence Howard who plays the cop. He's always likable and does a good job here.

It's interesting to see the way it unfolds and the reasons seem to be realistic and actions are believable.

It had a lot to say which i enjoyed but I won't go into here because it'll careen off topic lol. It didn't play out the way I anticipated either.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Labor Day - Not even Kate Winslett and Josh Brolin could save this one.  Love story about an ex-con on the run who takes a woman and her son hostage...only to fall in love with the mom.  Meh, it was okay I guess.  Predictable and kinda slow.  7.0/10.

Desolation of Smaug - Pretty cool.  Hobbit series can't hold a candle to the LOTR series, but maybe that's just me.  A lot of CGI, but Evangeline Lilly's face made it not so bad.  The first Hobbit film was better I think.  They left us hangin' big time, but I guess that's what this series does.  7.5/10

^83% last I checked.

Godzilla. If you grew up watching and liking the older movies from the franchise, you'd love it. If you went in expecting Pacific Rim and non-stop action, of course you're going to be disappointed.

Edited by Renegade7

Godzilla. I said "oh get some!" louder than I should have in the theater when Godzilla opened a fight with a bite to the face. I regret nothing. Script is poop and trains catch fire for no reason but you don't go to a friggin godzilla movie for great writing. You are there to watch Godzilla smash buildings, other monsters, and gloriously shoot out whatever it is that blue stuff is. Electric fire? Whatever, its awesome. I got what I paid for and enjoyed every stupid minute.

• Like 1

Frozen - Awesome!!!!  No wonder this movie was/is getting so much hype.  Good story, great music.  Kristen Bell can sing her ass off.  What a cute little Disney movie.  "Let is go, let it goooo!"  9.0/10

X-men - Sheesh, that was nuts.  I liked the story, and there was some kick-ass fight scenes as well.  Though the plot moved along rather quickly, it still felt like one of those "setup to the sequel" fillers, much like the 2nd Hunger Games was.  Still, a really fun summer action movie.  And who doesn't like watching Jennifer Lawrence's boobs bouncing in a body suit?  9.0/10

August: Osage County - Holy crap this was a depressing movie.  I'm talking, made me want a drink depressing.  SPOILER.  I thought this was one of Meryl Streep's best performances of her career, she could've won the Oscar for Best Actress.  This movie was 90 minutes of ugly, giving us the worst of the human race.  Jealousy, envy, resentment, addiction, sexual abuse, suicide, incest, and infidelity.  A lot of big names in this one, but Julia Roberts and Streep stole the show.  Fantastic movie.  9.0/10

Robocop (Reboot) - Better than I expected, I thought it was cool how they took the story in a completely different direction than the original.  I was hoping to see more Ed-209 action, but still plenty of gun fights.  8.0/10

Escape Plan - I don't know if I even remember this coming out in theaters.  The premise was actually pretty cool.  Sly Stallone is a master break-outer (lol), he goes under cover into prison and exposes the flaws in design systems and eventually escapes.  He is costing prison systems money, so somebody sends him to this futuristic jail to bury him forever.  Sly and Schwarzenaegger (sp?) work together to break out.  Jim Caviezel was in this too, which was kinda weird cuz this wasn't his type of film.  He was good though.  8.0/10

Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Interesting little indie movie.  Ben Stiller was his usual type-cast self, but it still worked.  It was kind of a rom-com/adventure movie.  I thought it was a fun flick.  8.0/10

The Book Thief - I thought this movie was awesome.  Geoffery Rush is one of my absolute favorite actors of all time, and I feel he's greatly underappreciated.  he was brilliant in this film.  Emily Watson was great as well, and the actress who played the young girl crushed it too, she's got a bright future.  8.5/10

Saving Mr. banks - Totally not what I expected.  Even though its Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, I had no interest in ever watching this movie.  But the wife insisted so we gave it a whirl.  Really interesting.  I had no idea how the story or Mary Poppins came about, and the chemistry between Hanks and Thompson fely really natural.  This is a good movie.  8.5/10

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

X-men - I always know when reading your reviews that I'm about to find out how much nudity or the quality of attractive women are in the movie too lol. Haven't seen this one yet but looking forward to it.

August: Osage County - How about a spoiler alert man?

Robocop (Reboot) - I saw this by mistake because I mixed up the times for it and Need for Speed so I got stuck watching this. It was better than expected for a reboot that didnt need to be made. It was near seeing the unique touch put on this one.

Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Just saw this and liked it a lot. It's a beautiful movie, not at all typical of what I'd expect from Stiller in a more serious role even though his character is pretty much Larry from Night at the Museum.

About Time I thought this was going to be a sappy love story but it turned out much better than I expected and is more about the guy and his love, life, losses and challenges being about to travel in time. The main ginger guy is pretty funny too.

My two real takeaways: 1) Lawyers in England still wear wigs? Fascinating 2) no amount of conversations with my time traveling father could ever convince me not to go back in time and be wealthy.

This was my biggest flaw with the movie, it's the first thing the guy suggests when he's 21 and the dad shoots it down in one second saying that it doesn't make you happy. I'm sorry, I'll take my chances, if it doesn't work, guess what I'll go back in time to when I went back in time to get my Wealth and won't do it. Wait what?

I know that wasn't the point of the movie but any type of time traveling plot point that doesn't involve saving the world (where obviously the people have more pressing concerns) and the time traveler doesn't go back for money seems completely unrealistic.

That aside I really liked this movie. It was to touching.

Need for Speed - finally got the right time down and saw it. it could have been the Percocet I was on, but I thought it was awesome. I could totally see this beig ripped straight out of a racing video game so in that regard it stayed true to source material, even some of the unrealistic stunts.

I'm a big Aaron Paul fan too from BB obviously so it was good seeing him in a star role. The movie was exciting start to finish though a bit predictable.

It's a good time for sure though and something the F&F series used to be about, racing, takes center stage here.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

my bad momma, spoiler updated lol

I thought About Time was good too.  Rachel McAdams does it for me, yum.  The ginger was pretty funny, he's an up and coming dude.  I peeped his IMDB, he's pretty busy the next few years, including a lot of Hollywood films.

I need to ask permission from the admins if I can make a new thread about the software I use to watch movies.  Every single movie in 1080p, no downloading required.  It's an app/program.  It's obviously illegal/pirating so I don't wanna post it and get banned, I'll ask first LOL

• Like 1

I always know when reading your reviews that I'm about to find out how much nudity or the quality of attractive women are in the movie too lol.

Hugh Jackman showed his ass, the wife was pleased.  :P

Godzilla. I said "oh get some!" louder than I should have in the theater when Godzilla opened a fight with a bite to the face. I regret nothing. Script is poop and trains catch fire for no reason but you don't go to a friggin godzilla movie for great writing. You are there to watch Godzilla smash buildings, other monsters, and gloriously shoot out whatever it is that blue stuff is. Electric fire? Whatever, its awesome. I got what I paid for and enjoyed every stupid minute.

I was under the impression that the blue stuff was some form of the radiation he had been exposed to/absorbing....but yea I thought Godzilla was pretty awesome

Edited by Skinz4Life12