Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I watched two good movies over the weekend.

The Way Back- pretty well done survival story. Even if there is no truth to the accounts that the movie was loosely based on, it's still a good movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023114/

The Road- brutal, intense, depressing. The overwhelming sense of hopelessness persists throughout.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/%C2'>

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

I think Bronson was my first Tom Hardy movie as well. For those that haven't seen Lawless, I believe it is coming to Netflix streaming in the middle of the month. I will be watching it again.

The Way Back was great. I have tried to get my friends to watch it, but no luck. Shoot, tried to get one of my friends to watch Deliverance one day, and he got bored and said it wasn't manly enough. Needless to say, I laughed in his face.

The Road was great as well.

I think Bronson was my first Tom Hardy movie as well. For those that haven't seen Lawless, I believe it is coming to Netflix streaming in the middle of the month. I will be watching it again.

The Way Back was great. I have tried to get my friends to watch it, but no luck. Shoot, tried to get one of my friends to watch Deliverance one day, and he got bored and said it wasn't manly enough. Needless to say, I laughed in his face.

The Road was great as well.

The Road was awesome.  Agree with 1215, it was extremely depressing and dark, but it was an excellent film.  Showed the worst of mankind, but I agreed with it. 

I enjoyed The Way Back as well.  I know it was originally a book, but i swear I've seen what I thought was the "original" movie in a foreign language, before seeing the Farrell and Harris American version.  But i searched the internet high and low just now and can't find a foreign version....hmmm.  Way Back was really nifty tho. 

Edited by Chew

Haven't seen The Way Back, I'll check it out.

Watched The Road again a week or two ago with the wife who has just started to appreciate this type of genre and theme due to TWD binge watching. It's a fantastic movie. I can't say enough great things about it.

It's depressing and disturbing enough for me and I'm sure 10x that for those with children.

It's depressing and disturbing enough for me and I'm sure 10x that for those with children.

"Well son, you're about that age.  Time for me to teach you about the birds and the bees.  Eat them."

theroad.png

• Like 1

Watching "The Normal Heart" on HBO.

Based on the play. It's a story about HIV/AIDS in the early 80's.

Pretty good flick, very interesting and obviously sad at points.

Sad because of the ignorance of people at that time, and the flat out ignoring of it from the majority of society.

Great scene going on right now.

I would give it an 8/10.

I saw "Edge of Tommorrow" tonight.  I liked it though for a while there it was starting to lose me.

Yeah I liked it too, but it does require attention because what Cruise does/has been doing isn't always obvious. The ending I'm confused on one part about it and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I won't get into specifics because I don't want to drop spoilers. I'll just look it up online. Still, I enjoyed the movie, it was done well.

Mandela:  Walk to Freedom - This was a pretty good movie.  It's hard to fit Mandela's 95 years on earth into 150 minutes, but they tried.  Good acting all around, especially Idris Alba.  He's one of my favorite actors today, and I honestly think it's time for him to start getting some main character roles, he's that good on camera.  If you haven't seen his British tv series "Luther," you're missing out.  9/10.

Non-Stop - News flash:  Liam Neeson is still a badass.  This was a really suspenseful movie, I was wondering wtf was going on the whole time.  Not at all what I expected.  I'm already terrified to fly, and movies like this don't help.  A true "who done it," but 35,000 feet up.  8.5/10.

Enough Said - Great movie.  Gandolfini, Louis-Dreyfus, Collette, Keneer...all brilliant.  This movie  shows what modern day middle-aged divorcees are going through, and let me tell you, it looks like a pain in the ass.  Gandolfini was great in his last role, may he rest in peace.  Julia Louis-Dreyfus is still hot, and her chemistry with Gandolfini felt honest and genuine.  Really enjoyed this film, easy to see how it's getting a 96% on Rotten.   9/10.

Thor: Dark World -  Meh, it was pretty cool I guess.  I liked the first one better.  The story was interesting enough, but I found myself playing on my phone a lot through this one.  Kiera Knightly was hot, Kat Denning's boobs are huge, but it felt kinda slow and there wasn't as much action as I was expecting.  But the wife groaned everytime Chris Hemsworth took his shirt off so I guess one of us was happy.  7.5/10.

Edited by Chew

51TFBnzwPgL.jpg

An ex-prize fighter turned longshoreman struggles to stand up to his corrupt union bosses.

Watched it Saturday when it came on TCM. One of my favorite movies and still greatly enjoyable and every bit the classic.  Brando is fantastic in this one, obviously, capped off with the famous car scene with Charlie. I told my wife I knew that scene by heart and she didn't believe me so we paused it and I gave her the ole Brando. Then we made sweet love. Ok, that last sentence didn't really happen but still. It was great.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

So about the ending (not the post credits scene) of the new Xmen movie..

My question is spoilerish so highlight below.

Are we now suppose to believe that Raven rescued Logan from the bottom of the Bay and that Stryker never put in the Adamantium into Logan?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Saw One Million Ways to Die in the West.  I have seen bad reviews for it, but I really enjoyed it.  The humor was strange because it was current, yet still went with the movie, I guess.  Great guest appearance about mid movie.  I would give it an 8.5/10.  Of course, good comedies have been lacking for awhile.

Saw Captain America finally.  It was good, 8/10.  I wasn't blown away by it, but I may be getting a little tired of Super Hero Movies.

Watched the first season of Orphan Black.  The actress is awesome!  I am amazed at the characters she plays and how she uses different mannerisms for each.  Show-9/10 the actress-10/10!

Saw the Monuments Men.  Only 5.5/10 for that one.  It seemed really choppy.  I really think this could have been a fantastic movie.

Finally, saw Pacific Rim.  Nothing special again, but it was a good action packed popcorn flick. 6/10

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

I watched Cold in July.  A pretty wild ride for sure, but it left me feeling a bit unsatisfied.  It's kinda like they threw the boomerang waaay out there and it never quite came back.  But certainly different, which is always welcome.

Pissed they pulled Locke on Friday before I could see it.

Watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy when I woke up this morning.  A lot of info to digest and follow, but Oldman is just so ****ing good.  You can see certain shots where they hold on him when he's doing nothing at all, just because he's so damn good.  Great spy flick for people who like cerebral espionage movies.

Kick Ass 2 - It was pretty chill, what I expected.  A lot of awesome violence, some immature humor, McLovin bein' McLovin, and a nice surprise from Jim Carrey.  I laughed, went "ewww" during a few leg break scenes, and enjoyed the story, which is all I wanted from this film.  Chloe Grace Martinez is shaping up to be a pretty darn good actress, and in a few years she'll be really easy on the eyes.  Pretty gal.  Good to see Donald Faison is still alive.  7.5/10

The Last Picture Show...really sad film, but the nudity and teenage antics balance out the bleakness of the setting. It's like a moody, atmospheric American Pie. I really enjoyed it. Plus, Cybill Shepherd was so, so very hot back then.