Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Desolation of Smaug.

Maybe I'm getting older but I don't like the new Hobbits as much as I liked the original LOTR. Decent action flick but lacking the acting that made the first three remarkable.

I've enjoyed the new Hobbit movies but they are not close to the original LOTTR trilogy.

I don't think it's because I've gotten older because I still love that trilogy.

I don't know what it is, I just haven't had that same connection with his new trilogy. My main interest is just seeing how it sets up the original with the necromancer etc,

I also think the Hobbit series has a ton of fluff in it too. I'm sure the originals do as well but they also benefited from having multiple characters that were all doing different things and in different places plus being the first, had to flesh out a lot more story and lore.

But nobody can sway my mind on those originals, despite their flaws and heavy use of cgi and putting characters in literally a .0000001% chance of survival and watching them repeatedly survive...they are still classics :)

But nobody can sway my mind on those originals, despite their flaws and heavy use of cgi and putting characters in literally a .0000001% chance of survival and watching them repeatedly survive...they are still classics :)

If someone tried to criticize LOTR in front of me I would literally slap them across the face

• Like 1

I saw Calvary last night.  

A priest is told in a confessional that he is gonna be murdered in a week.  Follows him around his small Irish town, filled with interesting characters.

Not usually a guy who really enjoys movies about the gray areas of faith, but this one did a really nice job of showing why a lot of people lose their faith, or don't have one to begin with.  

Great acting and cinematography.  I'll be surprised if Brendan Gleeson isn't mentioned quite a bit for his role during the coming awards season.  7.5/10.

Guardians. Soooo awesome! Too much to mention. Groot!!!!

I had to choke back tears at one point near the end because i was overwhelmed by the epicness.

Yes! Seen it four times now and I've NEVER done that before...never even seen a movie more than twice in a theatre. The emotional beats in this film were so big and so well done. There were two scenes at the end that had me floored...until one of the best "upbeat" endings of sheer joy I have ever seen.

My friends and I at work have been leaving drawings and scribbles all over the place saying "I Am Groot". No white-board or desk post-it is safe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

12 Years A Slave.

Most powerful movie I've seen maybe ever. Slavery in the country is not easy to talk about, but this film provides all the commentary. I don't even really know what to say. Just watched it for the second time after watching it last night.

In the scope of history, slavery wasn't that long ago. That blows my mind. History trips me out sometime, not in a good way. So much ****ed up **** has happened.

Solomon Kane

7/10  Pretty good medieval movie.  Devil wants this guys soul, he runs, eventually having to face the demons in his past.  Very overdone plot, but well executed. 

Odd Thomas

9/10  Very good movie.  Dude is clairvoyant and can see dead people.  Well developed story, great ending.  Hope there is a sequel.

Godzilla

8/10  Well done remake of the original.  Like certain aspects of this movie which will give away plot lines, but they are subtle, yet fulfilling.  Great ending and great CGI work.

• Like 1

Divergent. Shailene Woodley is hot as hell. movie was much better than I expected, actually looking forward to the sequel.

Yeah same here. Wife picked it out and I wasn't feeling her selection but I ended up enjoying it.

Godzilla

8/10 Well done remake of the original. Like certain aspects of this movie which will give away plot lines, but they are subtle, yet fulfilling. Great ending and great CGI work.

This was one of my favorite movies of the summer. It was very well done, suspenseful and teased you just enough throughout it felt like you were going to scream and then you got everything you wanted at the end. It was awesome.

12 Years A Slave.

Good post, I still need to check this one out. Thanks for reminding me.

Recently saw Transformers:  Age of Absolutely Terrible.  While I don't expect a great story line when consuming a movie that is cars that transform into humanoids blowing things up it felt as though the movie was written in pieces by several different people that were only given brief summaries of what the others had written.  It was wildly disjointed and made no sense at all.  The only thing missing was for people to start killing themselves suddenly and Optimus prime to growl out a line explaining that the trees were responsible because humanity had lost its way, to make it the ultimate bad Mark Wahlberg movie. 

Finally got around to seeing "There Will be Blood."

Not much to be said about it other than it lived up to the hype and Daniel Day-Lewis is a ****ing genius.

I didn't really know what to think of that movie.  I expected a serious movie and I got a crazy guy that was pretty much always unintentionally hilarious.  Impossible to take Daniel Day-Lewis' character seriously. 

Edited by Destino