Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Damn Sinister, you've been busy LOL.

I enjoyed Predators as well.  Looked awful, no way I'd pay my hard earned money to see it in theaters.  With that said, I really enjoyed it when I saw it on cable not too long ago.  Brody crushed it (for what it was), I wanted to do weird things with the latin chick, and Danny Trejo had a part.  Toss in some aliens, and you can't really go wrong.

• Like 1

Watched them all back to back yesterday.

Yeah. I couldn't decide though whether or not that swordfight scene in Predators was slightly racist, incredibly cheesy (for real, highly advanced species that could blast me into a billion pieces is going to understand the human concept of honor in battle and humor me in a swordfight) or just plain badass.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

As I said before, I rarely go to the movies. I wait until they are on DTV free preview weekends, so I watch slot of movies from last year. Four recent I saw:

White House down- what it is. Lots of action

Grown ups 2- not as good as the first, but I chuckled some

Ironman 3- re watched. Watched on a flight to Peru, but was interrupted and couldn't hear much

This is the end- meh.

I have the following recorded:

The great gatsby

Man of steel

The internship

Jack the giant slayer

The heat

The hangover 3

The Great Gatsby- horrible. Never felt so bored, I almost didn't finish watching it.

Man of Steel- good. Enjoyed it. A little long, but good.

The Internship- it is what it is. Typical Wilson-Vaughn stuff. Ok.

Jack the Giant Slayer- really good. Better than I expected.

Hangover 3- they are getting worse. Time to pull the plug, but it looks like there will be a 4.

The Heat- next on my watch list.

Captain America- just saw the first one. Good. Enjoyed the action.

Pirate Radio- slow to start. It was ok.

Hangover 3- they are getting worse. Time to pull the plug, but it looks like there will be a 4.

Pirate Radio- slow to start. It was ok.

Yeah, at the end of Hangover 3 they left it wide open for yet another one.  I literally facepalmed LOL.

I thought Pirate Radio was one of PSH's better films, though it was kind of a weird movie.

yep, really like the Internship and loved Django!

Agree with you and ST, Internship was A LOT better than I expected.  Django is just another classic put out by Quentin. 

I thought Gravity was good!

Wife and I watched this movie called "About Time."  It's about a young boy in rural england who, at 21 years old, gets told by his father that the men in the family can travel backwards in time.  It had Rachel McAdams beautiful ass, and Bill Nighy who is was amazing.  This movie was sooooo much better than I thought it would be, as the wife picked it out for Netflix blu-ray delivery.  Funny, sad, a bit obnoxious at times, and I loved it.  Really great movie built out of what could've been a crap concept.

Great movie!

The Book Thief. Family watched it because I thought it was age appropriate for my 12 year old. Very good for young teens and pre teens but we all liked it.  First tear jerker I can remember my daughter seeing and the tears flowed. I got chewed out for laughing when my wife caught my daughter crying  - I was laughing because I was crying too - wierd sensation laughing and crying simultaneously.

Wife and I watched this movie called "About Time."  It's about a young boy in rural england who, at 21 years old, gets told by his father that the men in the family can travel backwards in time.  It had Rachel McAdams beautiful ass,

Agree about Rachel! Also, if you ever want to marry her, her movies have implied that you have to be able to time travel, or she is not interested. She is the go to woman for time traveling romantic movies.

• Like 1

Out Of the Furnace

As a big Bale and Casey Affleck fan, I was pretty excited for this since I missed it at theaters.

Bale and Affleck are brothers in a factory town in PA. Affleck is recently back from War and is in a pinch for money, he gets in with the wrong crowd (Woody Harrelson) doing some bare fist boxing matches for cash. And he's in trouble.

It was ok but wasn't what I expected. The acting is pretty good but I was hoping for something more like a modern era The Deer Hunter or at least wishing it had something to say, but I don't think it did. I wasn't happy with where it ended up either.

Still not a bad movie, just disappointing.

^^  ya know, i got that vibe too from the previews.  Bale and Casey?  Sounds like a recipe for awesome. 

But something about the trailer didn't wow me.  Critics agree with you, it wasn't great, but it wasn't "not good."  I'll probably catch it when it comes to HBO or Showtime.

• Like 1

Spiderman 2. Ummm....I think I liked it. Even at 142 minutes, the story felt rushed. They were definitely setting up the next movie, kinda how the second Hunger Games felt. Plenty of good action though, which,at the end of the day is all Im expecting.

Red 2. Just like the first one. John Malkovich stole the show again. Silly, over the type goofy violence, and Helen Mirren. Yum.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Awesome, loved it.

I really likd the first one in this reboot too and this picks up right where it left off. I was concerned there would be too much going on ala SM3 but that wasn't the case here IMO. Where SM3 was all over the place story and action wise this one had a clear focused narrative.

Everything happened for a reason and made sense. It's trying to do something no other comic book movie has really done in setting up a huge villain teamup straight out of the comics. It sets the stage pretty well here and it all makes sense.

There are several emotional parts and the Peter/Gwen story is great and better than anything Peter/Mj put together in the original.

My favorite thing about this movie though was the action. The set pieces with Spider-Man that are slowed down to really make it cinematic and (hate to use this word but) epic. They do a great job showcasing how amazing what he does actually is.

The story is darker and definitely takes it's cues from the comics which I love. Even this version of Spider-Man with his cheesy one liners and stuff during the fights with the generic baddies is on point.

I can see where some might think it was rushed but I thought it spent enough time with Peter/Gwen last movie and this movie so I didn't need more time there. Electro was setup well enough and given valid reasons for his actions given the frail and insane emotional state of Max Dillon.

I guess Harry could have had more screen time but his moments, while few, are pretty impactful and it is definitely a perfect storm of circumstances that brew that will impact Peter/Spider-Man in the next one.

Also, ending was badass.

• Like 1

Tom Cruise jumpoff, right? I liked that too. The gatling gun was a problem tho :(

HECH yeah

Every time I watch it, I hope somehow they reach that Japanese army commander and give him the business. Hate that guy.