Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

For people who have seen Lone Survivor, is it true there is hardly any action scenes in the film and that its mostly just story?

Haha that's pretty funny but I'm going to answer as if you were serious.

It has some story setup in the beginning but once the action hits it doesn't really stop. It's a pretty big firefight.

But that's part of it and why it was kind of haunting to me...you know it's coming as these people are going about their business in the beginning. You're just waiting for it to hit the fan.

But yeah there is plenty of action throughout though I wouldn't say it's mindless or anything. It's very well done all the way through the end.

I loved it btw

• Like 1

I thought Prisoners was amazing.  It got mixed reviews, and a lot of people felt it was "meh, okay."  But I thought Jake Gyllenhal as the weird, dark, but good-hearted detective was really good.  Wolverine was good too, but Jake stole the show, IMO.

I finally saw Prisoners on Friday.  Now that I have kids these movies really make me anxious.  I agree that Gyllenhaal and Jackman were great.  I like the X-men movies and thought I'd be watching wolverine in suburbia, but he's an excellent actor and I was totally convinced.

It was pretty good 7/10.

Finally gotten' to going to see 'Dallas Buyers Club' today .....

WOW! Awesomely good movie with magnificent acting performances. Jared Leto's 'Rayon' may be fictional, but having a transgender woman partner Woodroof worked to perfection in his change of views and acceptance of that whole culture. And he acts his socks off. And for such a heart wrenching subject, there's a nice injection of humor. Fantastic perspective of character acting done to perfection.

And what can I say about our boy Matt? Dude can act. No, scrap that. Dude can ACT! Man what he must of put himself through to lose the weight to prepare for this role. WELL worthy of the Oscar.

Best film and acting performances I've seen since 'Lincoln.'

Brilliant.

Hail.

Just came in to post the same thing. You said it better than I could have.

I also recently saw Silver linings playbook (finally) I though it was a really good movie that tackled mental health really well. Hopefully it helped to take some of the stigma away from the topic. Also, Jennifer Lawrence.

Just came in to post the same thing. You said it better than I could have.

I also recently saw Silver linings playbook (finally) I though it was a really good movie that tackled mental health really well. Hopefully it helped to take some of the stigma away from the topic. Also, Jennifer Lawrence.

You know I've yet to see that? It's HIGH on my watch list. Not heard one bad review from everyone I know that went to the flicks to see it. 

You've just added. 

Hail. 

You know I've yet to see that? It's HIGH on my watch list. Not heard one bad review from everyone I know that went to the flicks to see it. 

You've just added. 

Hail. 

Yeah I saw it last summer. definitely a must watch. Hit pretty close to home for me as well, and the issues I've dealt with on a daily basis.

And Jennifer Lawrence.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Lego Movie is that JAM guys!  I'm not a kid and I don't have any, but this movie had me and my friends giggling like swedish schoolgirls the whole time.  Went with a big group Sunday night and it's still being referenced between us here on Tues

Props to Animal House for the stop motion/CGI hybrid they pulled off.  Nice to see a team other than Pixar pull off such extreme awesomeness in animation!

• Like 1

I've been buying a grip of DVDs/Blu-Rays on amazon.  I miss out on so many movies that I have to catch up.  In the past month I've seen -

Captain Phillips - good movie, slightly diluted by the fact that I knew what was going to happen.  But solid.

Inglorious ****s- great movie, although I was not as thrilled with it as most seemed.

Then on a Denzel kick.

Man on Fire- good

John Q- average

Fallen- sucked

I just bought Children of Men, Courage Under Fire, and A Simple Plan.  Have yet to watch them.

I have these on my wish list - Lost in Translation, Slumdog Millionaire, The Pool, 25th Hour, Silver Linings Playbook, The Departed, A Serious Man, and Chronicle.  Which ones should I buy?

last stand was okay. bullet to the head (stallone) was awful.

with you though, sabotage looks ove-the-top-with-violence awesome

My bad young, I was actually talking about Prison Escape, but in the event that I ever desire to rent Bullet, I will remember the wise words of my man Youngchew.  Yeah Im excited about Sabotage because it looks like that action movie that has been missing for a while

movie_6173.jpg

Young Jim Hawkins, while running the Benbow Inn with his mother, meets Captain Billy Bones, who dies at the inn while it is besieged by buccaneers led by Blind Pew. Jim and his mother fight off the attackers and discover Billy Bones' treasure map for which the buccaneers had come. Jim agrees to sail on the Hispaniola with Squire Trelawney and Dr. Livesey to find the treasure on a mysterious island.

Good movie. I had no idea Bale was a child actor. I also had no idea this movie even existed until I went searching online for a good pirate flick (which there are very few). Looks like it was some kind of tv special. But it was good.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

We finally watched Scream 4 last night after having bought it on Black Friday last year for $2.50 on blu-ray.

The wife and I love the first three, but had heard bad things about this one. It is slower paced (as in it drags at times) and there is something...off about most of the film. I am not sure if this movie was filmed before or during Arquette and Cox's breakup, but their chemistry was shot, and Neve Campbell looked bored. However, that being said it had the right story elements to fit into the series and some great one-liners. Overall, better than what we were expecting, but weaker than the rest of the series

6/10 when compared to many in the slasher genre, 4/10 compared to the rest of the series.

rec_poster3.jpg

A television reporter and cameraman follow emergency workers into a dark apartment building and are quickly locked inside with something terrifying.

Thought it was aite. I watched a crappy English dub version of it though, which probably knockd it down a couple rungs. Not really big on contamination/zombie-esque movies anymore. I just think it's all tired. Very tired. That ending, though predictable, was definitely a lil freaky though