Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Big Hero 6. I'm apparently an old child because I love most of these excellently made CGI animated movies. Big Hero 6 was another good one.

The end has a glaring problem however that doesn't detract from the story or the enjoyment of the movie. More of how we see and define good and "making a difference". My wife noticed it too.

Raid 2. What a wild ride. 150 minutes of compound leg fractures and dislocated elbows. You could tell the success from the first one warranted a bigger budget for the sequel.

I kinda liked how the first one took place in one building, raid 2 was all over the city. Still really neat. I think the "final fight" in this one was better 5 Jan the 2 brothers vs the little guy in the original Raid. 8.5/10

• Like 1

Whiplash.

The best film I've seen this year, granted I haven't seen Interstellar yet.  Gonna try to take the old man to see that when I go home. :)

The story of a young music student (drummer) and his teacher that pushes him to the edge.  Intense.  Well acted.  Really brings the heat in a way where you almost feel like you're watching a scary movie but it's a drama.  Tons of nominations for this one. 

Blended, Adam Sandler's latest.  **** outta here with this ****.  Typical Sandler joint, wasn't great.  I might've laughed two or three times.  Drew Barrymore is one hot 40 year old.  6/10

I love my wife and all, and she usually has good taste in movies, but this agreement with us taking turns selecting Netflix Blu-Rays might have to change.  She's always liked Sandler, and I'm always paying for it.  :(

• Like 1

I wish he would just stop making movies...he hasn't had a quality movie since idk Big Daddy?

That sounds about right.  I did a quick IMDB and looked at all Adam's films for the last 10 or so years...not many good ones.  Reign Over me is the only movie I'd say I actually enjoyed, but that was mostly because of Donny Cheeds performance.

I saw Hunger Games:Mockingjay Part 1.   I'll give a B.  It was a little slow in parts and I just felt like all it was doing was setting up the finale in Part 2 next year.

Next up for me Horrible Bosses 2 and Penguins of Magasdar ; both coming out for Black Thursday.  I will no longer call that day Thanksgiving.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Big Hero 6. Personally? I thought I got my money's worth, but I saw it in the middle of the afternoon. It was entertaining enough, but if I have to be honest, I feel like it was on the "good" side of mediocre. A lot of great animation, of course, and I thought Hiro and his brother were great characters. Of course, everyone loves Bay Max and I'm no exception. Everything else, though, felt very "paint by numbers" from the supporting cast to the villain reveal to the conclusion. If this is the first in a series of movies, I'm cool with it. It's fine enough as an origin story. On it's own, though? Eh...6/10. 

• Like 1

Adore, with Naomi Watts and Robin Wright (Jenny from forrest gump). This was one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen.

Without really giving anything away, two best friends in their mid 40s start having sex with each other's 20 year old sons....and they all chill and hang out as if it's normal. Then all kinds of craziness happens after that...lol.

It was actually a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it. 7.5/10

Saw the new Hunger Games. Like the reviews have stated, it is slow. However, I thought it was great! I feel like Tony the Tiger. Anyways, I didn't read the books, however, my wife and friends said it was very close to the novel.

I loved every moment of it, however, I continuously thought about the loss of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He was in it a lot. Oh, man, that sucks.

Great movie though, in my opinion.

I might have posted this a few weeks ago, but I am not positive. If I did, I am going to throw it up here again because it has sat with me for a few weeks and I notice that I continue to talk to people about it. It is Blue Ruin, which is currently streaming on Netflix.

I normally post a synapse straight from the movie, however, I will post my own words. This is a revenge movie. The kind where you kill my family, I will kill yours. However, it is not the Jason Statham kick ass revenge movie that we are accustomed to. This guy takes revenge on a whim. He might have been thinking about it for awhile, but never planned it out. He is clumsy and not a former Marine.

Imagine you decided within a half an hour to kill and take revenge on a set of people without planning. How would it turn out?

This movie could have been slightly better, but I thought it was really good. While watching, I gave it a 6/10. It was descent, however, the more I think about it, I will move it up to about a 7.5/10. It reminds me of how Idiocracy stuck with me. I didn't like Idiocracy initially, but the more I have thought about it, the more that movie was spot on.

1405754367.JPG

• Like 1

Fight Club ...

It literally took 4-5 partial viewings to appreciate it.

Saw it last night ... such a balls to walls movie.

I'll get slammed for this but this might be my single most overrated movie ever. I really don't get it. It's entertaining and has a twist at the end...I don't understand the huge following it has

Saw the new Hunger Games. Like the reviews have stated, it is slow. However, I thought it was great! I feel like Tony the Tiger. Anyways, I didn't read the books, however, my wife and friends said it was very close to the novel.

I loved every moment of it, however, I continuously thought about the loss of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He was in it a lot. Oh, man, that sucks.

Great movie though, in my opinion.

Yep, saw this yesterday, thought it was great. I agree some parts seemed stretched and it had a different feel without any actual games going on but this is what I was looking forward to, seeing the post games revolution and all the political fallout and chess match. In that regard it definitely delivered and ended on a high note as well.

Have you seen I Saw The Devil by any chance? Probably the best revenge thriller I've ever seen

I did, it was a long time ago. Might have to watch it again. I must have liked it because I gave it 4 out of 5 on Netflix.

Yep, saw this yesterday, thought it was great. I agree some parts seemed stretched and it had a different feel without any actual games going on but this is what I was looking forward to, seeing the post games revolution and all the political fallout and chess match. In that regard it definitely delivered and ended on a high note as well.

Yeah, I am not really understanding the complaints. I thought it was interesting. I have liked each movie more than the previous one. Even without the action, I think this was the best one.

• Like 1

Shadow of the Vampire - stars John Malkovich, Willem Dafoe, and Eddie Izzard. It is based on the making of the silent film Nosferatu. Nosferatu is great if you don't mind silent films. Shadow of the Vampire is great as well, except it is not believable. As the synapse states 'a possible scenario behind the making of Nosferatu.' This possible scenario is an exaggeration not a true story.

If you can get past that, it is a fantastic movie. Very interesting and imaginative. I really enjoyed it even though I was looking for a more factual account behind the making of the movie.

If there is one reason to watch it is Willem Dafoe's performance as Max Schreck/Count Orlock. He is spot on. Probably one of his best performances.

I highly recommend watching the original Nosferatu (1929) then Shadow of the Vampire back to back. I think it will give you an appreciation of Shadow of the Vampire. Both are currently streaming on Netflix.

nosferatu_1922_poster.jpg

51TPZ97cqPL.jpg

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 3