Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Anybody know how much longer Interstellar will be in theaters? I may go on Friday to catch a matinee

From what I can tell, it's still available this weekend. You should be good. You won't regret it either.

Did anyone else shed man tears during Interstellar?

I'm not even a dad and some of that stuff got me good.

Such a powerful movie

I'll keep these brief..

2cet9xy.jpg

Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater's Boyhood is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason, who literally grows up on screen before our eyes.

I've been waiting for this one for awhile now. Well, I'm a sucker for coming of age stories already but, wow, this blew me away both in concept and execution. Its such a unique experience, one that everyone should have the pleasure of enjoying. I've never seen anything like it before honestly. There isn't anything inherently spectacular about the actual story, though it is very good, the greatness is in seeing what happens in the story shape the young boy. We actually see a child grow up 12 years over 2.5 hours and see how the events and people in his life mold him into the man he becomes. Its a hell of an accomplishment. Might be my movie of the year. Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette are excellent too. 
Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

This Is Where I Leave You

hVPea5O.png

When their father passes away, four grown siblings are forced to return to their childhood home and live under the same roof together for a week

I liked this movie a lot. I know it had it's issues and some of the story lines are left unresolved or seem unnecessary all together but I think that's part of the point. Life isn't neat, planned or always what we want it to be. It's complicated, families are dysfunctional etc..be complicated. I'm ok with that.  It was funnier than I expected and still had it's share of heartfelt moments that were really quite touching. I like movies with heart and its an added bonus if they contain Jason Bateman. My line from this movie is: "Anything can happen. Anything happens all the time"

Also recently saw:

No Good Deed - It was fine, standard cheap thriller flick. Idris Elba elevates it a couple notches with his presence and it's nice to see a female lead in a movie like this that while having her share of completely inexcusably stupid decisions, doesn't take it laying down and actual does something about her situation. I like a fighter.

-The Interview - Probably my least favorite out of Pineapple Express, This is the End and The Interview trio. Still, it had it's moments and I always enjoy Franco so it was funny for me. The Katy Perry bit was hilarious and hit close to home too....that's all I'm saying... 

Whiplash!

Holy **** that was good. Brutal but good! JK and Miles were steller!

Where did you see this at? I've been waiting to see it

----

Checking out American Sniper tonight. Will post my thoughts when I get back.

Springfield - I totally see your point and the draw and novelty of Boyhood was definitely the 12 years filming but I thought it elevated a fairly standard story and made it profound when you can see the beginning and end of this decade plus story and how it impacted everyone involved. There was real character growth which I appreciated.

Where did you see this at? I've been waiting to see it

----

Checking out American Sniper tonight. Will post my thoughts when I get back.

Springfield - I totally see your point and the draw and novelty of Boyhood was definitely the 12 years filming but I thought it elevated a fairly standard story and made it profound when you can see the beginning and end of this decade plus story and how it impacted everyone involved. There was real character growth which I appreciated.

I saw Whiplash and the Fairfax Cinema arts theater about a week ago.

Sadly its already made its run at that theater :/

Honestly my favorite of all the oscar pictures.

http://www.cinemaartstheatre.com

So American Sniper has been sold out at my theater the past 2 days and all showings so far today. Lines out the door for each showing. Fortunately we snagged a 10:00 showing. Unfortunately, we are standing in line for the next hour

I'm shocked at how popular this movie is right now. I really didn't expect it. Last time I saw my local crappy lynchburg theater like this, it was for the Dark Knight and then Rises.

Crazy

I saw Whiplash and the Fairfax Cinema arts theater about a week ago.

Sadly its already made its run at that theater :/

Honestly my favorite of all the oscar pictures.

http://www.cinemaartstheatre.com

Yeah I don't even think it came to any around here. Maybe it will come to the $1 theater otherwise it's redbox or nothing

I might have posted this earlier in the thread, but honestly, I forget. I recommend it to a lot of people, but no one seems to watch it. I was just thinking about it, so I figured I would post it again, or for the first time.

The Experiment: This stars Adrien Brody and Forrest Whitaker. It is loosely based on a true story. The premise of the story is true, however, I believe the details have been exaggerated.

When I initially watched this movie I got really angry. It brought up very violent and protective emotions in me. I wanted to fight those on the screen. I love movies that bring some sort of emotion. I figure the makers have done their jobs successfully.

My wife and I love this movie. I made my parents and uncle sit through parts of it. All three got up and said they could not take it. It was making them too angry. They also said it was a poor movie. However, I contest that if the movie is poor, why did it evoke such emotion?

IMO 9/10. I love this movie.

the-experiment-dvd1.jpg

Also, streaming on Netflix.  Watch it now!!!

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

So American Sniper has been sold out at my theater the past 2 days and all showings so far today. Lines out the door for each showing. Fortunately we snagged a 10:00 showing. Unfortunately, we are standing in line for the next hour

I'm shocked at how popular this movie is right now. I really didn't expect it. Last time I saw my local crappy lynchburg theater like this, it was for the Dark Knight and then Rises.

I started going to a theater that you basically make reservations. Reminds me of the ones I used to go to in DC and Boston... Mind you I have lived here for nearly 11 years.  

Sure it is a little more money...it is worth it for the leg room and convenience alone.  Leather recliners...Awesome.

That said I will wait another week to go see it. My wife is super interested also. Love that woman . Yea Me.

• Like 1

I started going to a theater that you basically make reservations. Reminds me of the ones I used to go to in DC and Boston... Mind you I have lived here for nearly 11 years.

The theater my wife and I go to are reservations. You purchase online and choose your seat. It is fantastic. For a little more you purchase a 21 and over seat, VIP, that is larger and can purchase food, beer etc.

We only go to the 21 and over VIP seating and enjoy the movie. We don't go a lot, but if we want to pay for a movie, we splurge a little and go VIP.