Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Hooray for international travel!

Caught Interstellar, much, much better than I expected. I don't typically like Matthew Mcgounagy... but this on really got me wrapped into the story. Better than anything I've seen from M Night Shalamalan recently (I gave up on his movies after Signs).

The other new one I watched was Horrible Bosses... made me lol a couple times... can't expect more than that.

The first Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. I saw the sequel before and was happy to watch this one. Again, good, fun actiom movie.

Somewhere in between all those I saw "The Fugitive", a classic I haven't watched in a bit. It's held up well.

Also, I saw another classic, "A Few Good Men". Tom Cruise's acting chops are way underrated...

I will be departing Dulles for Lax on 10 minutes - first trip I've takem to the Middle East and as a whole found it way more boring than expected - in a positive way.

• Like 1

Hooray for international travel!

Caught Interstellar, much, much better than I expected. I don't typically like Matthew Mcgounagy... but this on really got me wrapped into the story. Better than anything I've seen from M Night Shalamalan recently (I gave up on his movies after Signs).

Ole Matty has been really good for the last couple years. Also, Christopher nolan directed interstellar. M Night is still terrible.

A Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad day. **** outta here.

I know it's a Disney movie, bUT man was it dry. I laughed a few times, but that's it. Jennifer Garner is aging well, still hot. 7/10.

My wife is this close >.< to losing her Netflix dvd privileges. Fury and Birdman coming next.

I also watched "Alexander"...   fun for kids..  and I must say,, when Dick Van Dyke reads the book... i was laughing so hard i had tears.

If you have kids, it's good.

My favorite thing: 81 minutes. in and out.

~Bang

Saw Chappie last week and Automata last night.

Chappie was much better than I expected after all the terrible critic reviews. It just disapoints me that Blomkamp's vision and output is taken for granted by today's audience. I firmly believe that if his social-scifi trilogy came out 15 years ago, they would all be praised.

Automata had amazing texture and world-building but lacked in coherent story/plot details. The visuals and mood are a cross between Brazil and Blade Runner.

Edited by Metalhead

The Judge- I really loved this movie. More of a family drama plot than a legal movie but the characters were solid and acting was phenomenal (as you would expect with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr).

Wasn't is good? Downey has some quality films under his belt, and I felt this was one of his best. the chemistry between the Roberts on screen was magical.

The visuals and mood are a cross between Brazil and Blade Runner.

Now I'm interested. thats the one with Antonio, right?

Currently watching the man from nowhere. On netflix.

Well that was a good korean flick. Equal parts drama and action. Oft used storyline but the character relationships are set up well and the action scenes are very good. 8/10.

Edited by sportjunkie07
  • Like 1

Currently watching the man from nowhere. On netflix.

Well that was a good korean flick. Equal parts drama and action. Oft used storyline but the character relationships are set up well and the action scenes are very good. 8/10.

Dude wouldve done anything to protect that little girl. Great movie.

Interstellar.  It was pretty good.  Ending was kind of "whoa" with everything.  Overall, I'd give it a B+, possibly an A- when taking into consideration it was 3 hours long and they did a great job of holding your attention the entire time, no long boring periods that seemed to just be filler content.

Interstellar.  It was pretty good.  Ending was kind of "whoa" with everything.  Overall, I'd give it a B+, possibly an A- when taking into consideration it was 3 hours long and they did a great job of holding your attention the entire time, no long boring periods that seemed to just be filler content.

did you rock it in 3D, Tazinski?  IIRC you bought the 3d version?? 

That's a movie that would definitely be 3-D worthy

did you rock it in 3D, Tazinski?  IIRC you bought the 3d version?? 

That's a movie that would definitely be 3-D worthy

Nah, I only bought the HDX version on Vudu.  They didn't have the 3D available yet.  When they release early, it's usually just the SD, HD or HDX, then if it was shot in 3D, it comes out later after the street release date.

Interstellar last night.

Just.  Fantastic.

LOOOOOONG movie, had to pause for a quick break at the 2 hour mark - but just fantastic.

I'd love to discuss more in detail, but don't want to give any plot away.

Must see for the scifi nerds out there like me.

Also, watched Boxtrolls.

Fun movie, kids loved it.  That's all that matters.

Edited by DaGoonie55
  • Like 2

Fury.  Good war movie, I really enjoyed it.  Brad, Shia, Shane, and Pena were all very good, but I thought young Norman (Logan Lerman) stole the show.  He was brilliant.  That dude has a bright future ahead of him, he was really good in Perks of Being a Wallflower. 

I know its tough to fit in the dynamic relationships of the crew, but with only 135 minutes, the comradery felt a little rushed.  Memphis Belle did a great job showing how tightly knit the bomber crew was, Fury was a bit in your face (if that even makes sense).

Great action, loved the 3 vs 1 tank battle, felt like some Patton warfare, or the dude in my sig vs Donald Sutherland LOL.  Neat that technology is to the point where they can show AT shells ricochet off and go whizzing by, pretty scary.  That god damn Tiger tank was a PITA, good thing the Germans didn't get those rolling off the assembly lines 'til later in the war. 

I know Brad Pitt is "Brad Pitt," he's always been an A-lister.  But IMO he's starting to join the conversation as one of the GOATs.  I'm talking Tom Hanks, Denzel level.  If you scroll through all of his ****, you realize he's been cranking out good movies for 25 years.  https://www.google.com/#q=brad+pitt+movies  

Fury 8.5/10

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Fury. Good war movie, I really enjoyed it. Brad, Shia, Shane, and Pena were all very good, but I thought young Norman (Logan Lerman) stole the show. He was brilliant. That dude has a bright future ahead of him, he was really good in Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Yeah I really liked it too. Much darker than I expected it to be.

But Logan Lerman is gonna be the man for a long time. He's fantastic in everything I've seen him including 3:10 to Yuma (my favorite Western) and Meet Bill which I think is a really underrated comedy. You should check out those two also if not already.

Oh wow, he was Bale's son in Yuma?! Didn't realize that. Haven't seen that Meet Bill, I'll check for it. He's a great young actor.

Yea Fury was pretty dark, which is how a realistic war movie should be. Clint Eastwoods son looks just like him. Freaky

Saw Interstellar again yesterday (I had seen it in the theatre previously). Love it. I'm a big sci-fi and space nerd, so it was right up my alley. Incredible the way that wormholes and black holes were imaged and used in the story. Now one of my fav. films.

I also have seen some of the Oscar nominees recently: The Theory of Everything (A-), The Imitation Game (B+), Whiplash (A). All were very good. My favorite of the three was probably Whiplash. Very intense. JK Simmons was amazing, as usual.

Next up: Still need to watch Birdman and Boyhood.

• Like 2