Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Into The Storm. **** outta here. Thank goodness i was being productive and doing stuff around the house. Would've been pissed if I devoted 90 minutes to that POS. I bet Sarah Wayne Callies wishes she were still alive on TWD.

Edited by Chew

Into The Storm. **** outta here. Thank goodness i was being productive and doing stuff around the house. Would've been pissed if I devoted 90 minutes to that POS. I bet Sarah Wayne Callies wishes she were still alive on TWD.

Lmao that movie was so funny. When that guy goes all the way to the top of the tornado at the end and it's just all sunny and he smiles, the entire place just died laughing.

It was a joke. Last time I let the wife overrule me at the $1 theater. Could have been watching Ninja Turtles...

She was basically the same character. It's like if one day Lori woke up and there were a **** ton of tornadoes outside. That movie is awful. AWFUL

• Like 1

Lmao that movie was so funny. When that guy goes all the way to the top of the tornado at the end and it's just all sunny and he smiles, the entire place just died laughing.

It was a joke. Last time I let the wife overrule me at the $1 theater. Could have been watching Ninja Turtles...

Yes! that scene was money lol. Love how he saved the day by holding the drain bars in place with his tornado mobile. That tornado was a metaphor for all the actors involved with this movie, sucking their careers up into the abyss.

Awww man, I havent seen Turtles yet but heard it was pretty fun. Storm over Turtle Power? you lost that one, bud. Stupid wives and their power over us.

Edited by Chew

I almost recorded that, then said, nah, been there and seen that movie years ago. What was the name of that movie again? Twis...um...twisty...er something like that.

Twister was a decent movie. "Into the Toilet" is where this other crap should've been called.

Just saw Terminator: Jenny had $170M budget. pretty low, Terminator 3 budget was $250. ugh.

Yeah what the hell is going on with this new Ahnold Terminator? We all had enough after 3, and I actually was among the few who enjoyed Salvation, before it was scrapped (damn whores).

The **** is going on? He's too damn old to play yet another T-800. And the Terminator in the past/present day stuff is way played out

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Awww man, I havent seen Turtles yet but heard it was pretty fun. Storm over Turtle Power? you lost that one, bud. Stupid wives and their power over us.

That's how I would describe it, fun. It wasn't great and they take some liberties with the origin story I didn't care for but it was fun and I liked the modernized Turtles look. The action scenes were cool too. Ralph is still a badass.

• Like 1

Watched The Departed for the first time yesterday. Gotta admit I had no clue what was going on for 90% of the movie.

I'm sitting here watching it on IFC right meow. Better late then never. That Damon/Leo/Jack trifecta was MONEY.

Have you seen the original version, Infernal Affairs? It's even better than the American remake

Edited by Chew

But that 10% was really good right?

Yes indeed it was.  Great acting and an interesting plot...I need to pay closer attention next time.

I'm sitting here watching it on IFC right meow. Better late then never. That Damon/Leo/Jack trifecta was MONEY.

Have you seen the original version, Infernal Affairs? It's even better than the American remake

I have not seen that.  Definitely a great trifecta.

I was surprised Mark Wahlberg was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his role.  Not because he didn't act very well, he was actually great, but because I thought there were others that would've been nominated.  Maybe I don't understand how the Oscars work, but I figured DiCaprio or Damon would've been considered the supporting actor if the other was the main.  I dunno...

• Like 1

Yes indeed it was. Great acting and an interesting plot...I need to pay closer attention next time.

I have not seen that. Definitely a great trifecta.

I was surprised Mark Wahlberg was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his role. Not because he didn't act very well, he was actually great, but because I thought there were others that would've been nominated. Maybe I don't understand how the Oscars work, but I figured DiCaprio or Damon would've been considered the supporting actor if the other was the main. I dunno...

DiCaprio would have been nominated but his performance in Blood Diamond was better and that was back when the AA only had 5 Best actor nominations. They didn't want to give two to one person.

Wahlberg didn't have a lot of screen time but made the most of his chances. His scenes were explosive and memorable. I can see his nomination. Damon didn't do anything special to me but he was good and Nicholson was a bit too over the top imo. All 3 could have been nominated for supporting roles if they were warranted (like Pacino, Duvall and Caan were all nominated for Supporting Actor in the Godfather), I would agree with the Academy in this case, that Wahlberg was the best out of those 3.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Fast and the Furious 7.  Very funny movie... though I don't think the movie intended to be a comedy.  Some great ridiculous action movie lines in this one like "The thing about a street fight is that the street always wins" followed by the most improbable ending to a fight I've seen in a while (and that's saying something because I watch weird horror and action movies a lot). 

This movie was fun but it really challenges your ability to suspend disbelief.  Most action movies are far fetched, and include scenes where characters avoid the damage incredibly.  The cliche dive into the water at the last instant avoiding flames or leap out of a window and land in a trash can full of pillows is something we are all used to.  This one does that and goes an extra step farther.  These poor ****s take the brunt of everything and.... nothing happens.  They are fine somehow and ready to drive fast in the next city on the list.

It also felt like this was two movies in one.  The first takes place in LA and briefly in Tokyo.  The second starts when Kurt Russell shows up and ends when they return to LA. 

• Like 2

Let's Be Cops. man that movie blows. And to think I almost let the wife waste a Netflix bluray on it before I deleted it lol. Came on HBO this weekend, watched it last night.

I was 4/20 stoned out of my mind, so I was hoping it would at least make me laugh hysterically a few times. Nope. I laughed twice, maybe three times. 6/10.

Nina Dobrev is super hot. Damn.

Beyond The Lights. First off, Gugu Mbatha-Raw is one of the prettiest women alive. She's also one hell of an actress. I believe every role she plays. This is the second movie of hers I've seen in the last few months and she was great in both.

Gugu plans Noni, a up amd coming r&b singer, who suffers from depression. A cop prevents her from killing herself and they kinda fall in love. Sounds like a straight to Nickelodeon Nick Cannon movie but it's getting a solid 82% on Rotten.

Minnie Driver and Danny Glover carry the supporting roles in this one. Kevin Parker is recognizable from The Great Debaters and Non-Stop. I give it a solid 7/10.

• Like 1

yeah, Gugu went over my head.  Even for an African name.  What the hell, mom?  lol

I wonder about names too.

So I had to wiki her..and this is what it said.

Mbatha-Raw was born in Oxford, England in 1983. Her surnames are those of her father and mother, and her forename is the shortened version of "Gugulethu", a contraction ofigugu lethu that means ‘Our Pride’ in Zulu.[4][5]
Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1