Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I finally got around to watching the last Hobbit movie.  If it were any cheesier Dora would have emerged from the mountain to lead the survivors in a rousing rendition of "We did it!" after the all the bad ugly things were defeated or scared off. 

dora-the-explorer-wallpaper-21-picsay-30

Oh no killer war bats, we're doomed, but wait here come the eagles to save us... and they are carrying bears?!  Eagles are dropping bears on us, we're saved!  pffft. 

I'm a big fan of fantasy, and I've read more high fantasy than I care to admit... I'm someone that should have enjoyed the Hobbit movies.  I didn't.

I will give it this, Gargamel the dragon was much more ferocious in this movie than he was chasing smurfs around his mountain castle with improbably high ceilings.  So that's something. 

• Like 1

I recently saw that Hobbit movie too, and it was one of the most ridiculous letdowns ever. I didn't mind the first two much, but I thought there was a big drop-off from the LOTR to the Hobbit movies, and then from one to two in the Hobbit movies. The third was just awful. I put it right up there on a disappointment level with historical failures like Exorcist II, Jaws 3D, and The Phantom Menace.

Holy mother ****ing ****. Acting wasn't great, but this is one of the most action packed movies that has ever been made. Absolute blood bath. Picture Raid Redemption but with even MORE action, but worse acting. Not a bad way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon. This movie was two hours of brainless violence, and I loved it! South Korea continues to make BADASS shoot-em-up thrillers

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

I saw Ex Machina this afternoon. Great movie on it's own, and especially if you enjoy robots and AI with a philosophical undercurrent and a dash of tension.

Writer/director Alex Garland has knocked another one out of the park and he is now officially on my Hollywood faves list. This is his big directorial debut but check out his writing credits (jeebus):

28 Days Later

Sunshine

Dredd

Ex Machina

That is a heckuva resume. This cat knows what he is doing.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 2

Sometimes I think they are in too big of a rush to come out with sequels. Let the crowds simmer, come up with a good storyline and don't rush it. I don't know why they feel that a movie that comes out in 2015 should have a sequel in 2016. Kind of like the Hunger Games series. I feel like I just watched Catching Fire when Mocking Jay started coming out.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 2

Been a while, since I posted in this thread.

Movies I saw since I saw Taken 3.

Jupiter Ascending- C average movie. Did feel like a Star Wars rip off at times.

Spongebob: Sponnge Out of Water-  C-   Okay, definitely for kids.

Kingsman:The Secret Service- B+   Good solid movie.

Hot Tumb Time Machine 2- D     Never should made this, didn't capture the magic of the original

Focus - B+ - Good movie.

The Lazurus Effect- B-   decent horror flick

Chappie- B+   Good robot movie.

Unfinished Business- C-   Why does Vince Vaughn still act? All he gets is average movies!

Run All Night - C-  Taken it isn't.  Liam is better as a hero than a somewhat villian or villian

Get Hard- C-   It had it moments, but nothing special

Home- A-   I liked this cartoon, a little different tale

Furious 7- A+    Everything I expected it to be and love the send off for Paul.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2-  B-  I liked it. Still had elements of the first one.

The official start to the summer movie season starts Thursday, can't wait.   Avengers: Age of Ultron is next up on my list.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

Big Hero 6. Really liked it. Very cute little Disney movie. Not much else to say. B+.

Whiplash. Gosh DANG IT. this is possibly the best movie I've seen in a year, and I've recently seen quite a few Oscars nominated films this past month. Simmons and Teller were magic together on screen. It's like the movie was just the two of them, not even any supporting actors. Paul Reiser I guess. Just JK, Miles, and a drum kit. Miles was good in the Divergent movies and he was pretty funny in That Awkward Moment, but he actually got to show his stuff in Whiplash and he crushed it. Not to mention the music. Fantastic movie. A+. I've seen all of the 2015 Best Picture movies except for American Sniper, and Whiplash is my fave.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 3

Avengers: Age of Ultron. Low/mid B.

The action was great, the dialogue was much smoother (not as much awkward tongue-twisting Shakespeare), and plenty of fan service.

My only complaints are a couple leaps of logic to push the plot and some poor editing/cgi used in the opening scene.

Edited by Metalhead

MV5BMTUxNzc0OTIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3

Saw this in the theater last night and LOVED it. Absolutely awesome movie. Excellent combination of all elements. Some cool (but not super in depth) science, fascinating philosophy as far as consciousness and AI and its implications, excellent character development and acting (Oscar Isaac was especially top notch), terrific direction and cinematography, cool and realistic effects but not the focal point of the movie, which is good. Pretty dark and very thought provoking film. An instant favorite for me.

Had a choice between this and Age of Ultron. So glad I made the right decision.

Edited by mistertim

Big Hero 6. Really liked it. Very cute little Disney movie. Not much else to say. B+.

Whiplash. Gosh DANG IT. this is possibly the best movie I've seen in a year, and I've recently seen quite a few Oscars nominated films this past month.

I agree, this movie was magic. I didn't know what to expect going in and it blew me away. That final 15-20 minute close was absolutely brilliant. Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1