Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Last weekend:

Nightcrawler. Well acted movie by Jake Gyllanhal. Super creepy, dark and a bit twisted. I was very drunk when I watched it so I don't remember how it ends. If someone could fill me in then that would be great.

Tonight:

Dumb and Dumber To. Funnier than I expected. Got several stupid laughs out of me. Don't go into this movie too seriously and you might actually enjoy it.

Last weekend:

Nightcrawler. Well acted movie by Jake Gyllanhal. Super creepy, dark and a bit twisted. I was very drunk when I watched it so I don't remember how it ends. If someone could fill me in then that would be great.

Tonight:

Dumb and Dumber To. Funnier than I expected. Got several stupid laughs out of me. Don't go into this movie too seriously and you might actually enjoy it.

I bought Dumb and Dumber To and felt dumb afterwards.  I mean, it had its laughs and plenty of good ones. I just think they waited 20 years to late to cash in on the sequel.  

I bought Dumb and Dumber To and felt dumb afterwards. I mean, it had its laughs and plenty of good ones. I just think they waited 20 years to late to cash in on the sequel.

I was so disappointed when this movie was announced. They definitely waited too long but really, a sequel never would haveived up to the first regardless of when it was filmed

Last weekend:

I will let you know tomorrow. Rented it tonight on PPV and got 30 minutes in when the snow killed the sattelite signal.

Still need to see Elysium. I'm looking forward to Chappie too. It's been getting some flak but I think it has the chance to be a deep and emotional ride similar to how District 9 was before the action focused third act.

Speaking of those 3 movies, Blompkamp, the director of them is making the next Alien movie too. Apparently it will take place after Aliens and remove 3 and beyond from the timeline

I've been on an Aliens kick after hearing the news. So pumped up. Watched Aliens friday night and Prometheus last night.

Somewhat OT- with Prometheus, after watching it nearly frame-to-frame, I found that if you mentally block out the 3D mapping scenes/references and the two guys acting like illogical out-of-character idiots to become lost, it becomes a decent movie. Kind of. Some of the best cinematography/visuals ever...with the worst script ever.

Back to your post, Elysium is very underrated, suffering mostly from backlash of expectation following District 9. If it had come out first instead, people would be raving about it.

• Like 1

Reminds me, I got the Alien Anthology on Blu Ray for Christmas.  The first four movies.  I need to have a day to re-watch at least the first three (I have a soft spot in my heart for Alien 3).  I read somewhere online that the Alien movies on Blu Ray have "reference level" blacks and that should go quite nicely with my Panasonic plasma TV which has some of the deepest blacks ever reviewed by CNET.

It's a Disaster - pretty solid dry apocalyptic comedy that has nothing to do with the attacks on the city and everything to do with the characters meeting up for a couples luncheon. Available on netflix.

Thanks for the write up. Ive had this in my queue for months...I'll Check It Out

Edited by Chew

It's a Disaster - pretty solid dry apocalyptic comedy that has nothing to do with the attacks on the city and everything to do with the characters meeting up for a couples luncheon. Available on netflix.

I took your recommendation.  I'm about halfway through it.  I've laughed some, like the actors/actresses.  It's just not doing it for me though.  Gonna wait it out though.  

Edit:  Ok, I have started laughing more.  Especially when the couple comes up late to the luncheon......Plus, it was killing me to know who Tracy was, I couldn't pin point it.  She was Lumen from Dexter.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Lol Julia stiles has been around a lot longer than dexter. She's like hot but not really.

That is the perfect way to describe her lmao! She's cute...kinda...meh...but you'd hit it for sure. her body in save the last dance seals it

Boxtrolls. Cute movie, loved the animation. 7/10.

100 Foot Journey. Feel good movie, really enjoyed this one. Helen Mirren was fabulous as always, and the young Indian actor was excellent. simple film about clash of cultures and the human spirit. sounds corny, but that's what it was. 8/10.

Boxtrolls. Cute movie, loved the animation. 7/10.

100 Foot Journey. Feel good movie, really enjoyed this one. Helen Mirren was fabulous as always, and the young Indian actor was excellent. simple film about clash of cultures and the human spirit. sounds corny, but that's what it was. 8/10.

I've tried to get Tazette to get Boxtrolls, she wont.  Looked like a good kids movie to me, Im all about mixing it up........Frozen, Disney Jr., etc. full speed 24/7 gets old fast.......except for Phineas and Ferb and my man Sponge Bob, I could watch that **** all day with her lol.

• Like 1