Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I watched a movie on Netflix called the Preppie Connection.  It's based off a true story about a prep school kid who smuggled cocaine by flying directly to Columbia to score.  

It's got an absolutely terrible Rotten Tomatoes rating but I didn't think it was that bad.  B-.  Kinda predictable but can't expect a happy ending.  

The Ritual (Netflix Original) - Four guys go hiking and things go badly.  Not great, not original, but this one is fun.  Good original monster and they actually show it to you, which I prefer.  Another reason not to go hiking.  Good use of visuals and sounds to create a creepy atmosphere.

I've recommended this before and I'll keep doing it, if you want to enjoy most horror movies watch them with a good pair of head phones at night.  This is especially true for this movie.

• Like 1

I'll give credit to Eric Garland: Annihilation is Original Content and takes ridiculous risks (more so than The Last Jedi).

Spoiler

What the **** was with those bones? 

You should probably see this in the theaters; the visuals are mindbending.

Edited by FanboyOf91
  • Like 2

Anyone who's seen Black Panther think it would be worth shelling out the extra couple of bucks for 3D? I usually don't go for 3D, but I think it actually kind of saved The Last Jedi for me. Usually I find it doesn't really add much, and actually can be a little distracting. The previews make it seem like it might be kind of cool for this. 

18 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Anyone who's seen Black Panther think it would be worth shelling out the extra couple of bucks for 3D? I usually don't go for 3D, but I think it actually kind of saved The Last Jedi for me. Usually I find it doesn't really add much, and actually can be a little distracting.

not really, the Black Panther CGI isn't a highlight of the movie

Edited by FanboyOf91
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yep I loved it. What did you think of the ending?

It was not that ambiguous to me. I had a feeling very early that the version of Kane we saw in the beginning wasnt her husband. The dope flashbacks showed me. I believe some of the alien DNA is now in her too.

I loved it. BAsically, a new species is being formed. God makes mistakes.

Finally saw the most recent Star Wars the last day before the theatre wasn't going to show it anymore.

Lol they really botched who they picked as the bad guy for these last two movies. He looks more like just some annoying, whiny Jewish kid then some ruler of a evil army lol. And they just make the hero some idiot savant  who just starts using the force out of the blue. But its still as a movie an entertaining big budget piece. It's a tradition to go see since I've been alive to see them all originally. 

They certainly left the door wide open for the next sequel. 

Lol I am.a little disappointed  that it was obvious  they  made 3 women the most heroic in the movie. I guess in the high tech age you don't need muscle anymore lol.

Note : 12.50 for a ticket on a Wednesday night and  13.00 for a small coke and a medium popcorn. Although..that small coke was more like a medium and lasted a while..and the medium popcorn was big and I didn't finish it. But the price kept me from adding a box of Jr mints :(

Edited by thinwhiteduke

7 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

not really, the Black Panther CGI isn't a highlight of the movie

Thanks for the tip. Did you quote part of my post in Russian, or do I have some sort of issue I might need to be aware of? :unsure:

---

Not sure if documentaries count, but I watched this on a recommendation. Don't think it would have ever caught my interest otherwise. PBS doc called Mine Wars. It's about the West Virginia coal miners' struggles in the early 20th century, and the effort to unionize. Pretty crazy historical stuff. It might be familiar knowledge to some people, but I never really knew about a lot of this. It's a little slow, but if you like PBS style documentaries, this is a pretty good one. I'm only posting about it because I felt I needed to mention something while I was asking about the Russian text.

http://www.pbs.org/video/american-experience-mine-wars/

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was not that ambiguous to me. I had a feeling very early that the version of Kane we saw in the beginning wasnt her husband. The dope flashbacks showed me. I believe some of the alien DNA is now in her too.

I loved it. BAsically, a new species is being formed. God makes mistakes.

Spoiler

I didn’t think it was ambiguous whether it was the real Kane or not. As soon as they mentioned the shimmer creating duplicates and showed the deer I started to think that’s what the Kane we saw was. 

The only real ambiguous part was the shimmer still in her eyes at the end. I wonder if it all was destroyed or if the being somehow can continue in those too. I like that they made the point that it wasn’t destroying,  it was just building something new.

I liked that the self destruction/self harm/damged people could go in and in some cases could find themselves made new, like the girl with the glasses growing flowers where she had previously cut her arms. 

Aise Note:  that decomposing bear that absorbed the screams of Cass as she was dying was probably the most horrifying idea I’ve seen in a long time. That voice, wow. Somebody should get a raise for thinking of that. 

2 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Lol they really botched who they picked as the bad guy for these last two movies. He looks more like just some annoying, whiny Jewish kid then some ruler of a evil army lol. And they just make the hero some idiot savant  who just starts using the force out of the blue.

I guess you’re just never going to have an opinion I agree with...

• Like 2

The trailers for Game Night were meh but it actually turned out to be an enjoyable movie.  I little over the top but had several lol moments and interesting characters.  They shot the movie like it was an action thriller like “The Game.” Good movie to take a date on.  

On 2/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, Mournblade said:

My favorite Marvel movie is Cap America: Civil War, by far. After that, probably Cap America: Winter Soldier. Then the first Avengers. 

We'll see if Black Panther can crack that top 3. 

Are you me?  Because I have always rated the Captain America movies best from the Avengers Universe.

Just got out of Black Panther and they killed with this one... Cap will have to make some room for T'challa...

Maybe it is the level of personal depth from the origins stories... we get tip notch with Cap and Panther...

Had free movie channels on directv last weekend. So I saw Xmen Apocalypse. The only interest I have in watching it is Jennifer Lawrence and Olivia Munn.

So I find it hilarious  and disappointing  that  Munn is barely on screen for a total of possibly barely 2 minutes or less through  the entire movie lol.I wonder how much she got paid for that? Other than that I liked the whole Egyptian thing at the beginning. And I don't like J Lawrence as a blue lizard woman haaa

31 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Are you me?  Because I have always rated the Captain America movies best from the Avengers Universe.

Just got out of Black Panther and they killed with this one... Cap will have to make some room for T'challa...

Maybe it is the level of personal depth from the origins stories... we get tip notch with Cap and Panther...

I’m in the same boat.  The Cap movies are my favorite.  Maybe it’s because they’ve gotten better with each one or it’s the Russo Bros.  They’ve handled that character and others so well.  

6 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

The only interest I have in watching it is Jennifer Lawrence and Olivia Munn.

Pretty much the only reason I watched that movie too. Aaron Rodgers really dropped the ball on that one.

Saw Atomic Blonde last night. Very good looking flick, kind of reminded of Gross Pointe Blank for some reason (probably because of

all the 80s nostalgia). Charlize Theron really impresses in all the fight scenes she is in (assuming that is her and not a stunt double).

Give it a solid B.

3 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Pretty much the only reason I watched that movie too. Aaron Rodgers really dropped the ball on that one.

Saw Atomic Blonde last night. Very good looking flick, kind of reminded of Gross Pointe Blank for some reason (probably because of

all the 80s nostalgia). Charlize Theron really impresses in all the fight scenes she is in (assuming that is her and not a stunt double).

Give it a solid B.

you forget who you are talking to lol.

that was one of those fake hollywood relationships. Just seen together on camera. Most hollywood marriages are fake anyway.

just used her  to deflect gay rumors.. or cause more... and use his name to boost her career. Hollywood is.. Hollywood. creating a world that doesnt exist, inside and outside the movies

Edited by thinwhiteduke

10 hours ago, drowland said:

I’m in the same boat.  The Cap movies are my favorite.  Maybe it’s because they’ve gotten better with each one or it’s the Russo Bros.  They’ve handled that character and others so well.  

I actually think the first Cap movie was the best of the three and rank in it in the top 5 of Marvel movies.

I watched 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' last night. HIGHLY recommend that. There were a few unrealistic plot lines, but as a whole in context what a wonderfully cutting, black-humoured through heart-wrenching human drama. With just magnificent performances from the whole cast. Not least Frances McDormand who always excels in these roles. 

Hail 

• Like 2