Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I watched "Dealt" which is a documentary on a guy named Richard Turner.  He doesn't consider himself a magician, he says he's a card mechanic but what he does is considered magic by most people.  Basically, he does absolutely incredible stuff with card tricks.  It's pretty wild.

On top of that though, he's totally, 100% blind.  He doesn't go anywhere without a deck of cards in his hands.  He'll be working out with a deck of cards doing a one hand shuffle, he'll be laying out by the pool shuffling cards.  His wife told a story about them having sex and she realized that he was shuffling cards :ols:  He's also got a black belt, too.

Despite not being able to see, he demands to be treated like everyone else.  When he gets introduced to a crowd he doesn't like it when people say he's blind, he feels that it shouldn't be part of the equation.

I liked it a lot, would give it 4/5.

Just got back from Black Panther.  Wasn’t quite what I expected.  More dramatic then action.  But it’s a good story and has a lot great characters.  Klaw and Kilmonger are two of the best villains the MCU has had in my opinion.  Andy Serkis is just awesome.  I wish there was more of Klaw in this movie. Kilmonger is ruthless yet complex.  I give it a B+.  Only real issue was I thought T’Challa was over shadowed by some of the other characters a bit even though he’s the lead.  But he also had some very powerful moments.

Edited by drowland
  • Like 1

Just got back from Black Panther. It was awesome. It does a great job world building in the early part of the movie and giving us everything we need to know while still holding a few secrets back. 

The action was good, probably too much CGI. Everything else was really well done. Not as funny as I expected from a marvel movie, much more serious in tone which I liked.  

Michael B Jordan stole the movie for me. He was electric and demands your attention every scene he is in. 

Also, it should be mentioned that the movie asks the question 

Spoiler

Why hasn’t Wakanda helped blacks all over the world as well as share their tech with the world. It’s the main cause of the conflict in the movie 

and I probably loved that aspect of it and the way it was handled the most. Extremely well done. Looking forward to seeing more of these characters 

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Black Panther is a go. Definitely more drama than comedy. This was like the opposite of Thor Ragnarok. Michael B. Jordan is the best Marvel villain so far. Came from a real place and was somewhat sympathetic .

Can't wait to see it. All the critical reviews have been positive, and now some of the audience reviews are trickling in. 

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Black Panther is the best Marvel movie.

Ryan Coogler is undefeated.

Yeah I’ve been deciding it if it’s the best or not. It would be between that and Avengers 1 for me. 

This movie is easily the marvel movie with the most substance which is just perfectly woven into the plot. It is socially impactful and relevant today. Honestly didn’t feel like a superhero movie in a lot of ways. 

Saw it a second time and loved it even more 

• Like 1

A+ on Black Panther as well. 

The cultural overtones of this were really well done.  I've known of Africans that believe most Black Americans are spoiled and they claim that's why they don't reach out.  I don't remember if I've ever seen a Black American mad at Africa at all, let alone a specific nation, for not doing anything to help them.  I think that's something only a Black director and cast would touch on or even try, and I really appreciate that. 

I'm thinking of going to work on Monday with an African accent like the main character and see how many people figure it out.  "Every breath you take is mercy from me.", lol

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

Just saw Black Panther as well. A triumph in every way.

It's really tough for me to think that anything is better than Avengers 1, because that was such a Marvel fanboy nerdgasm, but I think Black Panther is probably Marvel's best movie.

For me, it clearly knocked it out of the park just as a superhero movie. But the acting, the effects, the editing, the Kendrick, and 

the sheer smarts the film just impressed the hell out of me.

Plus, it was just so awesome to see multi-generational black families out together, dressed for pride in many cases, and savoring this game changer of a film. Wakanda forever!

• Like 1

A for "Black Panther".  I loved it. It was different than your usual Marvel movie.  Loved the cultural overtones in this movie.

The theater I went to, was having a Blank Panther party upstairs. Lots up people dressed up in traditional African clothing.

They aren't going to be too many movies that will top this one, this year. I feel this movie, will be one of the Top movies of 2018. I expect Avengers:Infinity War to be the top movie.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

Yeah and I think one of its great accomplishments is introducing the character, world and their history in a way that doesn’t feel like an origin story. I knew nothing about BP beyond what I saw in civil war and I never once felt lost or confused by anything. That quick intro at the beginning was pretty perfect. 

Also, I neglected to mention this in my review but Chadwick Boseman is fantastic. He is a great hero in this movie. He’s virtuous, idealistic, charming and cool as ****. I hope we see a lot more of him as Black Panther because he killed it. 

Also:

C1036B0A-E86A-4D9F-9CFE-6CE519492498.png

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Black Panther gets a 9/10 for me. Only reason its not a 10 is because the pacing was a wee bit slow in the early going but that's to be expected for what is an origin story.

I agree, it felt long at first (2h15m runtime), but I loved where it was going so I didn't care.

17 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Just saw Black Panther, I love all Marvel movies but was a bit underwhelmed with all the hype on this one. Fun movie but definitely not the best Marvel movie, I thought Ragnarok was much better. 

Agree somewhat. I thought it was good but expected more - especially when a reviewer who loved Wonder Woman said this was even better - it wasn't (not even in the same ballpark for that matter). I'd put it in the top half of the Marvel Movies but no where near as good as Guardians or the first Avengers movie.

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Going to see Black Panther tomorrow.

Normally I'm hesitant to believe the hype and the great reviews, but it seems this one is a hit with nearly everyone. Super excited now that I hear from ES'ers enjoying it.

Careful I think that maybe what hurt the movie with me. You go in expecting greatness but get good (even very good) which results in a let down.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mournblade said:

My favorite Marvel movie is Cap America: Civil War, by far. After that, probably Cap America: Winter Soldier. Then the first Avengers. 

We'll see if Black Panther can crack that top 3. 

Really? I thought almost everyone had Guardians at the top? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Edited by nonniey

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Pretty interesting watch

Amazing the level of detail  and craftmanship that went into that one scene that no one would otherwise notice.  

15 hours ago, Mournblade said:

My favorite Marvel movie is Cap America: Civil War, by far. After that, probably Cap America: Winter Soldier. Then the first Avengers. 

We'll see if Black Panther can crack that top 3. 

I still have a soft spot for Avengers 1 and Winter Soldier, but I can slot Black Panther in at 3 in the MCU, right in front of Civil War, by the slimmest of hairs.  

My favorite Marvel movie has to be Deadpool or Guardians or Ragnarok. I do recommend Black Panther to see in theaters as any Marvel movie but just wasn’t left in awe like some of those said movies. His suit is cool but the fight scenes were sort of boring and not enough badassery imo and the humor was bleh. Definitely digged the soundtrack and visual effects. Just wasn’t as good as everyone has been saying I thought.