Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 4/14/2018 at 8:19 PM, drowland said:

Saw Rampage today.  Overall I enjoyed it.  

It's based on an old video game. So of course it's going to be on the cheesy side. I won't pay to see it though. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Avengers. I'll be standing in line for like 3 hours anyway so i'll have updates. 

For popcorn? I'm not even joking. Why the long wait? 

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

It's based on an old video game. So of course it's going to be on the cheesy side. I won't pay to see it though. 

For popcorn? I'm not even joking. Why the long wait? 

For big movies, people get in line early for good seats. Usually the line goes out the door of the mall here. We waited in line for 1.5 hours for A Quiet Place. Avengers is going to be one of the biggest movies ever so it’s going to be bad. I’ve got tickets for 8pm and will leave work early to get there before 5  and see how bad it is. 

It’s fun tho so it doesn’t bother me. It’s always a fun atmosphere and people all around excited and cosplayers everywhere. 

26 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Most people buy tickets in advance these days. Seats are reserved. 

Sorry, but your response doesn't make much sense to me. 

Walked right into see a quiet place and then blockers directly after. Reserved seats. 

Tickets are still bought in advance. it doesn’t guarantee where you sit. 

Lynchburg Va is not exactly Charlotte NC.

No theater here offers reserved seats. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

45 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We waited in line for 1.5 hours for A Quiet Place. Avengers is going to be one of the biggest movies ever so it’s going to be bad. I’ve got tickets for 8pm and will leave work early to get there before 5  and see how bad it is. 

It’s fun tho so it doesn’t bother me.

I guess this is where I just don't understand.  Waiting 1.5 hours in line isn't something that would ever be fun for me,  Cosplayers or no.  I've never understood the need to see a movie as soon as it comes out.  I'm willing to wait a while until there are no lines and then go see it.

This goes for other things as well.  I don't understand people who camp out in lines overnight for tickets, the latest electronic gadget, or to shop some sale.

And I won't ever wait an hour to be seated for dinner.  No food is that great that I'll wait.  If I really want to go to a restaurant I'll make a reservation so as to not have to wait.  If I'm just being spontaneous and show up at a restaurant and they tell me the wait is an hour, I'll go someplace else.

• Like 2

It’s just part of the experience. It’s just hanging around with a bunch of buddies (or my wife) talking about the movie or anything else really. The local news will show up for big movies like this or Star Wars. 

It’s gotten watered down because they do it all the time now but there used to only be a handful of movies that would have a Thursday or midnight release. And each one would basically be a party. Pizza trucks and deliveries, games, TVs set up. It’s not like that anymore but it’s still fun. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, China said:

I guess this is where I just don't understand.  Waiting 1.5 hours in line isn't something that would ever be fun for me,  Cosplayers or no.  I've never understood the need to see a movie as soon as it comes out.  I'm willing to wait a while until there are no lines and then go see it.

The internet. You'll see spoilers galore for the Avengers movie after April 27. 

• Like 1

Spoilers are one reason. But also, if it’s a movie I want to see badly, I want to see it as soon as it’s available. Why wait? 

Another reason is that some movies are moments and I like being part of those. You miss out on a lot of if you wait. 

Black Panther was one of those moments 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Black Panther was one of those moments 

Agreed, it wouldn't of been the same if waited until March to see that, not when it came out during Black History Month.  I was there the day after it came out, bought the tickets on my phone for latest show possible, no issues.  There were people and kids dressed in African garb in both theaters that were playing across the hall from each other, wouldn't trade that for Kodi in a million years.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a great indie joint last night on Netflix, "Hunter Gatherer."  Been in the queue for over a year I think, we finally pulled the trigger.

It received 12 film festival nominations in 2016.  Andre Royo (Bubbles from The Wire) was so good in this, best I've ever seen him.  Hunter Gatherer has a warm, easy-going vibe to it, but was also incredibly depressing, just how I like 'em.  95% on Rotten.  It really stuck with me, I found myself in bed last night thinking about it, and I thought about it some more during my drive to work this morning.  It's got a real "Moonlight" vibe to it.  Two black men from the hood that came from **** and never had ****, trying their best to navigate through their depression and hopelessness to survive in a world where the cards are stacked against them.   

I think in the Avengers: Infinity War thread, a few of us talked about how much more we enjoy deeply emotional dramas than shoot-em-up summer blockbusters.  Hunter Gatherer is one of those movies.

Ashley Douglas thinks everything should fall into place when he's released after three years in prison. His friends should come to his welcome home party. (They don't.) His girlfriend, Linda, should greet him with open arms and open legs. (She doesn't.) So Ashley, a forty-something African-American, restarts his life with next to nothing: no friends, no lovers, no connections. He has is a bedroom in his mom's house, a box of treasures he buried in his back yard, and a nostalgic and deeply ingrained need to be with Linda-his one, true love. That is, until he meets a new friend, Jeremy, and things start to turn around

Edited by Chew
  • Like 3

Just watched a movie called Mother!. It stars Jennifer Lawrence and my lord I have no idea how to put into words what I just watched. It’s on another level of weird and ****ed up. Never watch it, ever. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If You're Not in the Obit, Eat Breakfast.  One of my favorite movies of 2018 so far.  Carl Reiner did an HBO documentary about extraordinary people who are in their 90s and what they're doing every day.  It covers a mix of both celebrities and regular, every day people.  Great feel-good film, especially with everything in the news these days being so negative and draining.  I smiled and laughed a lot.  Makes me hopeful for growing old.  Highly recommend. 

• Thanks 1

On May 22, 2018 at 8:33 PM, maxspruill21 said:

Just watched a movie called Mother!. It stars Jennifer Lawrence and my lord I have no idea how to put into words what I just watched. It’s on another level of weird and ****ed up. Never watch it, ever. 

I actually got interested in seeing it after reading how frustrated people were after seeing it.  I read a summary that explained the religious/biblical events that were being referenced on screen.  I would have hated the movie, if I didn't know why everyone hated it.  But, I was interested once I understood what the strange stuff on screen was alluding to.  Having said that, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  It is very understandable why people don't enjoy it.  Very strange movie.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 9:36 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.   Cause it's on Amazon Prime streaming.

#3 starts filming next year.

Saw "Oceans 8".  The ladies did a good job. It was just as entertaining as the male versions.  I'll give it an A.

If you liked Jennifer Garner kicking as in Alias, she's kicking some ass; in her new movie.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

Just saw Solo. It was good. Could have been great, if the ending had been stronger. I think the English actor who played Han did a great job.

And it was a relief to see Emilia Clarke with her natural brown hair. Its hard to take her seriously with the platinum locks :P

I saw "Incredibles 2" on Saturday.  It was pretty good but I felt there was something missing.  The original was better.  So, it only gets a B from me.

I saw "Tag" today and it was pretty good.  Love the

Spoiler

twist for the real reason for playing the Tag game this year.  One of them wasn't quitting but in fact one of them was dying.

I'll give the movie a B.