Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

The Happytime Murders

If you didnt think the trailers were funny (particularly the red band), then this movie isnt for you.  But profane and inappropriate puppets are right up my alley, so I was in on the concept already.  

I didnt love the movie, but I didnt hate it either. I've seen worse.  And it had more of a plot than I was expecting. 

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The Nun

3/10

Not scary. Just lame and predictable.

Someone liked it, it's the #1 movie this weekend.

I'll give it a C.  I agree, it wasn't that scary.  The pace was so slow, I was bored for most of the movie.

I also saw "Peppermint".  Another C movie.  Your standard revenge movie.  Highlight was seeing Jennifer Garner kick some ass.

Saw new Tomb Raider movie, loved it, B+. 

Reminded of the game, had the first three on original PlayStation.  Some things a little improbable, but well acted and mostly probable.  Totally believe the villain and seeing her go the whole movie without a gun to get two at the end, worth it.

Hereditary - unsettling is right.  You have to really pay attention to the details.  I didn’t the first viewing but still got caught up in the building tension this movie has.  Didn’t understand the ending at first until I read up on it and watched it again and got the clues.  Really well done movie.  A lot of wide shots that draw your attention then you understand what the director was doing.  I give it an A.

Tag - I heard it wasn’t that good but I really enjoyed the humor and the soundtrack (very 90s).  Over the top in spots but it was a ridiculous premise to begin with.  Idk maybe this based on a real group of friends.  B-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Tag - I heard it wasn’t that good but I really enjoyed the humor and the soundtrack (very 90s).  Over the top in spots but it was a ridiculous premise to begin with.  Idk maybe this based on a real group of friends.  B-

Tag was based on a real story, they showed some of them at the end or during the credits.

I finally got around to seeing "The Meg". Pretty good mega shark movie. Give it a B+.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

I saw "Fahrenheit 11/9" today and it gets an A+ from me.  One of Michael Moore's best documentaries.  He gives his thoughts on what he felt led to Trump's election.  Trump/GOP and Hillary/Obama/Dems get pretty of criticism.  He showcases some of this year's rising Dem candidates.  He discusses 3 important issues: The Flint Water Crisis, The WV Teacher's Strike and The Parkland,FL shooting.   He doesn't say Trump is Hitler but compares now to 1930's Germany that saw the rise of Hitler.  

On Friday, I saw "The House with a Clock in its Walls".   I would say it's in the Goosebumps vein. A nice spooky kids flick just in time for Halloween.  It stars Jack Black and Cate Blanchett.  It gets a B+.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

UFO - Direct to video movie loosely based on a true story of a UFO sighting at O'Hare airport in 2006.  Anyway, they made this essentially a nerdy movie about a kid running around doing advanced math.  Literally there were entire scenes of people just doing math problems.  I appreciated what they were trying to do, as there didnt appear to be a special effect to be had. But they just made it dull.  Maybe a little less math, and a little more mystery/thriller.  I give it a C.  

Edited by justice98

Tag wasn't "based" on a true story.  It was inspired by a true story.  They took the premise from the real group of friends who did it and then made a fictional movie about it.

As for recent movies seen, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 3/10.

This movie was bad.  Like really bad.  Definitely one of the worst movies I've watched in full from start to finish. If I wasn't watching it with my wife I would have turned it off after like 40 minutes. Just completely forgettable and incredibly stupid with so much stupid **** that is wrong with it. It was basically like they tried to find everything that was stupid about Lost World and make it 10x stupider, and that is the plot. JP is one of my favorite movies of all time and even to today it holds up just as good as it did the day it was released, but they need to just let this franchise die. The stupid millennial nerds in this movie were just completely /facepalm worthy too. Soooooo ****ing bad.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Mandy is completely insane.  The wildest **** you ever saw.

Cage forever.

Watched this based in your recommendation.  So glad I did.

I appreciate how straight forward it was.  No extensive plot.  No filler.  No bull****.  Just creepy blue camera filters and graphic violence and murder.  Cage was born for that kinda stuff, man.

Edited by Chew

I took my wife to see this one this weekend

5bbae5fb8e07f32bb9831199?ops=max(500,0),

Really enjoyed it, Gaga's performance was incredible. Overall solid chick flick not on the level of The Notebook but close behind. Solid A from me. Bring kleenex if substance abuse has ever hit you closely, you will need them. 

• Like 3

On 9/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, purbeast said:

Deadpool 2 - I wasn't a big fan of the first one and thought it was extremely over hyped but really liked the second one.  I think it was quite better than the first one.

I really liked the first one, but both me and the wife loved the second one and thought it was better than the first.  For me it was probably because it seemed to flow better and it had Cable in it.  

El Royale was legit af, I loved it.  Such a different type of movie, very refreshing.  It was 141 minutes but didn't feel like it at all.  Critics are whining a little bit about how it started off really strong and then went off the rails a bit at the end, and maybe I'd agree.  But overall was very happy with it, had fun watching it. 

Adrift was meh.  Semi spoiler: 

Spoiler

It was basically Life of Pi 2.0

Sorry to Bother You - I loved it.  LAD is destined for big things.

Spy Who Dumped Me - Better than I was expecting, but overall meh. 

Netflix original Private Life - Amazeballs, one of my faves this year.  Giamatti and Hahn, two of my favorite actors alive, star in a dramedy about a mid-40s couple trying to conceive.  Excellent flick.

Watched Fallout again - Still awesome!!!  I love Cavill as a bad guy, he's got the face and demeanor of an asshole.  Tom is a God, he will go down in history as a legend in Hollywood. 

Eighth Grade - OSCAR ALERT.  This movie was so good.  It's almost a movie about nothing, just a girl in his final few months of middle school.  But at the same time it captures a lot of the real life stresses and peer pressures that Gen Z is dealing with these days with 24/7 social media

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll give Halloween a B.  Had some really good scenes and some bad plot points.  A lot of scenes that were call backs to the 1978 original and did a good job building tension.  Some of the same slasher cliches with teenagers and dumb cops.  Not sure what else there is they can do with this franchise but with the amount of money it’s going to make I’m sure they’ll keep making them.  

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, drowland said:

I’ll give Halloween a B.  Had some really good scenes and some bad plot points.  A lot of scenes that were call backs to the 1978 original and did a good job building tension.  Some of the same slasher cliches with teenagers and dumb cops.  Not sure what else there is they can do with this franchise but with the amount of money it’s going to make I’m sure they’ll keep making them.  

Agree with all this.  I was entertained.  Loved all the new synth tracks. 

There was no fluff to the movie which I liked.  Not much in the way of comic relief, subplots, or side stories.  Michael wants to kill everybody.  That's it LOL. 

Is Michael Myers evil/ghostly/paranormal in any way, or is he just a big ass psychopath with a knife? 

Spoiler

Per usual, we don't see Michael die, so like drowland said, they can choose to keep milking this franchise if they'd like to. 

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Agree with all this.  I was entertained.  Loved all the new synth tracks. 

There was no fluff to the movie which I liked.  Not much in the way of comic relief, subplots, or side stories.  Michael wants to kill everybody.  That's it LOL. 

Is Michael Myers evil/ghostly/paranormal in any way, or is he just a big ass psychopath with a knife? 

Reveal hidden contents

Per usual, we don't see Michael die, so like drowland said, they can choose to keep milking this franchise if they'd like to. 

Spoiler

Yeah that's an issue I have.  Laurie's spent 40 years preparing for Michael's return.  Down to every detail like with the cage doors in the rooms so he can't sneak up behind her.  Yet you're left to the assumption he escaped and got out of the house when they show the empty burning basement.  Or maybe they'll pass the torch to the granddaughter since the final shot was her clutching the knife.

The whole doctor twist was weird but it makes sense that he invited the podcasters to visit with the mask and then set up Michael's transport on Halloween.  And even though they don't show the bus crash I would assume the doctor either helped or figured Michael would go off and crash the bus anyway.  

• Thanks 1

BlacKKKlansman.  Damn, one of the best movies I've seen in a really long time.  This is a top 5 Spike Lee Joint all-time for me.  John David Washington is thereal deal, hes going to be a megastar like his father.  The chemistry between he and Adam Driver was magical, it felt real.  I bet BlacKKKlansman gets several Oscar noms.

It had a few "Spike Lee" moments in the film where the story and commentary stopped and Spike showed random black people just staring at the camera while old people told HORRIFIC stories of blacks being strung up, hanged, and burned alive . Powerful, powerful ****.  Moved me to tears.

I heard this movie was good, but I had no idea it was THAT damn good.  I was blown away.  Perfect blend of comedy, drama, and America, both the good and the bad.  

Blackkklansman is a must see.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 3

Sicario: Day of the Soldado

I dig these Sicario movies.  Probably not as good, but worthy successor to the first one.  I was a little concerned because Denis Villenueve didnt come back, but the new guy did a good job.  Brolin and Del Toro were excellent as usual.

And I thought the score was excellent.  Really set the tone.