Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They shortened it because the original title: “The Guy That Murdered Our Good Friend  Han That We Are All Suddenly Cool With Now & Hobbs” was too long for marketing 

This

DUDE IS A SADISTIC KILLER

Now he's Hobbs' boy? Just doesn't make a damn bit of sense. And no Paul Walker :(

Trying to keep this man alive thru siblings and cg. It ain't right.

Unfortunately, seems like Super Hero movies, old Indiana Jones movies on Netflix (with exception of ToD), whatever the next Mission Impossible and maybe Happy Jump Scare Day 2 (its a horredy) are all that my son is allowed to handle for now.

I guess I could show him 6th Sense (maybe too intense), and unbreakable? I havent seen Split.... parenting....

11 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Unfortunately, seems like Super Hero movies, old Indiana Jones movies on Netflix (with exception of ToD), whatever the next Mission Impossible and maybe Happy Jump Scare Day 2 (its a horredy) are all that my son is allowed to handle for now.

Never seen any of those, but I did watch We Bought a Zoo last night. Friday nights tend to get a little crazy around these parts. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I haven’t seen a decent scary/horror film in many moons, these conflicting reviews are. . . conflicting.

If you’re a horror movie/period piece “buff”, you’ll find a lot to like.  The movie is extremely well made, doesn’t pander to the audience and is easily the most openly pro-Satan movie I’ve seen in wide release in ages.

If you’re looking for Paranormal Activity 3 or The Conjuring or such, you will not be pleased.

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I haven’t seen a decent scary/horror film in many moons, these conflicting reviews are. . . conflicting.

I was just having this conversation with my brother who doesn't watch horror movies. The last one he watched was Hostel and he said it sucked. 

I've always watched horror and its hard to differentiate these days, they're all kinda the same. (always been that way maybe?) Some good TV shows come to mind. But like Beal is saying, in my head I can't differentiate between the Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious... All the same ****, none of it is great. I guess Get Out was good, not sure that was actually horror, more like a thriller. Zombie and Post-Apocalypse seem to be their own genre now. Even then, A Quiet Place, Bird Box same ****. The slasher films all blend together, how man Saw films are there? 

Sometimes a foreign take is refreshing. The Babadook is definitely the same **** but an Australian film so a bit more interesting. The Ritual is a British film that takes place in Sweden, enjoyed that one. 

Can't think of a really great horror movie without it being a Zombie thing, or a TV Show. I remember Anthony Mackie who plays Falcon on Avengers talking about the industry a while back and noting the top show atm was Stranger Things, but it was just a Goonies remake. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, drowland said:

Ha, he did Half Past Dead with Steven Seagal instead.  That movie was so bad is was actually entertaining.

To be fair with Fast and Furious, when Vin Diesel turned down the sequel and it flopped that franchise looked dead in the water.  Not sure anyone saw it coming back the way it did.  

I liked 2 Fast 2 Furious. I think we all agree it couldn't touch one. I think what totally didn't kill it was that it was still ass, titties, beautiful fast cars,  good music, and Paul Walker.

What got me was Tokyo Drift. That **** just felt way too emo teen and all other sorts of wtf, with the countriest dude ever thrown in the middle. And oddly enough, it was that where Diesel decided to make a cameo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, I LOOOOVED The Witch.  Prolly my favorite movie of the last 3-4 years.

The end of that movie just sort of killed it for me. 

Spoiler

The girl watches her family get murdered and is basically scared to death, decides then she wants to be a part of a cult of naked floating women? The movie had a lot of build of scary music to basically nothing happening I thought. I’m down with the whole religious paranoia type of scare but I feel like it didn’t execute much, I was more or less bored waiting for something to happen. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, max21 said:

The Witch - No idea what I just watched, don’t waste your time. It’s hard to find good scary movies these days, I’d rather squirt lemon juice in my eyes than watch that again. 

17 hours ago, volsmet said:

Watch this one

Bruce-Allen-Photo.jpg?fit=696,445&ssl=1

giphy.gif

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you’re a horror movie/period piece “buff”, you’ll find a lot to like.  The movie is extremely well made, doesn’t pander to the audience and is easily the most openly pro-Satan movie I’ve seen in wide release in ages.

I dunno, The Blackcoat's Daughter was pretty pro-Satan as well...and was incredibly creepy and (at times) violent.

Saw If Beale Street Could Talk. Great Baldwin story that is hard to tell in a movie yet Barry Jenkins did it. Man is great. Amazing acting from everyone and the cinematography was great. The cinematographer, James Laxton, does a great job bringing color to Harlem in the 1970s and also makes black People look excellent. 9/10

Saw Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. So damn good. Really enjoyed this movie and it’s funny. 9/10

Saw Game Night in HBO. It’s one of the genuinely great action movies I’ve seen in a long time. It’s also stupid funny, the Denzel Washington look-alike drew the most laughs along with the cop neighbor. 10/10

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

If you’re looking for Paranormal Activity 3 or The Conjuring or such, you will not be pleased.

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

I liked The Witch.  Very well made with a wonderfully dreadful tone throughout.  Not sure how you read pro satan message in it though.  I saw bloody and heavy handed grooming of the eventual victim before ultimately ensnaring her.  We’ll make it all better....and it only costs your soul.  

With a few changes, mostly to the setting, I could make it into a cautionary story about children from broken homes being lured by human traffickers.  

Changing the subject, I watched The Endless on Netflix.  Very entertaining weird horror, maybe sci-fi movie, with and interesting concept for antagonist.  Worth a look if you like weird stories in the afore mentioned genres and don’t mind a low budget.  I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

I liked The Witch.  Very well made with a wonderfully dreadful tone throughout.  Not sure how you read pro satan message in it though.  I saw bloody and heavy handed grooming of the eventual victim before ultimately ensnaring her.  We’ll make it all better....and it only costs your soul.  

With a few changes, mostly to the setting, I could make it into a cautionary story about children from broken homes being lured by human traffickers.  

Changing the subject, I watched The Endless on Netflix.  Very entertaining weird horror, maybe sci-fi movie, with and interesting concept for antagonist.  Worth a look if you like weird stories in the afore mentioned genres and don’t mind a low budget.  I enjoyed it.

Nothing more Satanic in puritanical New England (or any fundamental religious patriarchy) than female empowerment and self-determination.  Think about it in those terms.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/robert-eggers-the-witch-female-empowerment/470844/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nothing more Satanic in puritanical New England (or any fundamental religious patriarchy) than female empowerment and self-determination.  Think about it in those terms.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/robert-eggers-the-witch-female-empowerment/470844/

Her family is murdered before a man approaches her as she prepares for inevitable death, and offer her salvation at the cost of enslavement.  How did I miss the message of female empowerment in that.  😁  

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Nothing says self determination like having your family starved, then killed, and then having a man approach you as you prepare for inevitable death and offer you salvation at the cost of enslavement.  😁

Satan isn’t the reason the family got exiled from the village and cast into the wilderness.  That was the fathers doing and the family’s demise was already set in motion.

She had four choices:

Starve

Get sold into marriage

Return to the village and get burned at the stake

Live deliciously

23 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Satan isn’t the reason the family got exiled from the village and cast into the wilderness.  That was the fathers doing and the family’s demise was already set in motion.

She had four choices:

Starve

Get sold into marriage

Return to the village and get burned at the stake

Live deliciously

The crops were rotting, coincidentally I'm sure, and when they attempted to hunt for food they were picked off by literal witches.  The coven and their male supernatural master were absolutely directly involved in the failure of that family.  The poor girl had the same choice throughout the movie, do what you're told or die. 

Also "live deliciously" meant what exactly?  It meant joining a literal child murdering cult in the woods, as a slave to those that murdered her entire family

Worse than that actually, because if there is a literal Satan present in the movie, that means that the whole bit about the human soul is real and she's found proof.  Proof of everything.  So she's sacrificing more than her life, she's sacrificing her eternal soul, to avoid starvation.  That isn't the choice a person would make with a clear mind.  Like I said the movie works better as an allegory for human trafficking.  Certainly better than it does female empowerment. 

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

The crops were rotting, coincidentally I'm sure, and when they attempted to hunt for food they were picked off by literal witches.  The coven and their male supernatural master were absolutely directly involved in the failure of that family.  The poor girl had the same choice throughout the movie, do what you're told or die. 

Also "live deliciously" meant what exactly?  It meant joining a literal child murdering cult in the woods, as a slave to those that murdered her entire family

Worse than that actually, because if there is a literal Satan present in the movie, that means that the whole bit about the human soul is real and she's found proof.  Proof of everything.  So she's sacrificing more than her life, she's sacrificing her eternal soul, to avoid starvation.  That isn't the choice a person would make with a clear mind.  Like I said the movie works better as an allegory for human trafficking.  Certainly better than it does female empowerment. 

So, in your view being sold into marriage by your father isn’t an allegory for “human trafficking” but choosing instead to literally take flight into the night is?

Maybe The Witch 2 will have Liam Nelson show up and shoot everybody.  😂