Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Thor Ragnarok. Well, at least it was better than the last two Thor movies...

(Next day edit): Honestly, this is the THIRD time I have been suckered into watching a Thor movie. The first one was watchable but forgettable. The second one roughly as exciting as a Star Wars Prequel movie (one of the bad ones). I mean Thor Dark World was God awful. At that point I was determined never to watch a Thor movie again. And then people online (including this forum) were saying that Thor Ragnarok was funny, it was fresh, it didn't take itself too seriously, it was entertaining...and so like a DOPE I went out and bought it.

The first minute had a couple of funny lines in it (ie. when Thor is spinning around in front of Serta). Cate Blanchette looked kind of hot with the dark hair. Jeff Goldblum was Jeff Goldblum, which is always a plus. And Mark Ruffalo was pretty funny as a confused Bruce Banner.

The rest of it, the remaining 110 minutes, was complete trash. By the second hour I was fast forwarding the whole way through.

From now on the only Marvel franchises I will follow will be the Avengers and Captain America. That's it. 

Edited by Mournblade

This may shock some of you, but I watched Rocky (the original) for the first time last night.

Rocky poster.jpg

I don't know why I put it off for so long. Maybe because I assumed it was your typical over-hyped boxing movie, or that Philly fans have such a hard on for it that it turned me off, but after seeing it I realized what I was missing.

This movie is about more than just boxing. Actually, I believe that 90% of it isn't about boxing.

It had to be complete fate that I watched this movie for the first time at this point in my life.

I am 29 years old, and in sort of a down-in-my-luck point in life. The fact that Rocky is 29 years old in this film and in similar predicaments really screamed out right at me through my television, and almost brought me to near tears towards the end. Again, I could not believe the odds of seeing this for the first time at this stage in my life.

"If I can go the distance, and that bell rings, and I'm still standing, I'm gonna know for the first time in my life that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood." - That line hit me like a freight train.

This movie deserves all the accolades and acclaim. It's a masterpiece, and it changed my life. Probably will end up on my top 5 all-time list.

OK, end of my personal sob story.

And one more thing, "ADRIAAAAAAN!!!"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

This movie deserves all the accolades and acclaim. It's a masterpiece, and it changed my life. Probably will end up on my top 5 all-time list.

Yes, I feel like the Rocky series is brushed off as sort of the macho action guy type of movies because Rocky 2-4 are so much easier watches and are the ones that are always on cable reruns. They have the famous Eye of the Tiger, No Easy Way Out, Gonna Win Now soundtracks and famous scenes and characters like Mr T and Drago. And it's fair to brush of the series for that, imo. Except for Rocky 1.

It is nothing like those. It is a legit drama about a pretty pathetic guy trying to find meaning in his life and a way to change himself which happens to be boxing. It's a life movie not a sports movie. It's really beautiful and is extremely well made. You're right, it deserves all the praise it receives. 

Appreciate your personal perspective on it too. It touches a lot of people in a similar way. Hope you come out ahead from this moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mbws said:

Atomic Blonde last night on HBO.

Did you like it?  I thought it was awful. 

Also, the world has changed and there is no shortage of much larger, extremely fit, women.  If they're casting for action movies, they should find women that more obviously fit the role physically.  Just my opinion.   

Justice League. Really not that bad a movie (way better than that Thor Ragnarok piece of junk). Steppenwolf was a weak villain,

Affleck was a pretty awful Batman, but other than that, a pretty solid flick, certainly not the disaster everyone on the internetz was claiming it to be.

Give it a B.

Edited by Mournblade

A Quiet Place

I loved this movie. it's not scary but it does an outstanding job at building tension and packing that tension into the movie as much as possible. A couple of the set pieces just left me in awe. There is long segment with Emily Blunt that is just fantastic and damn near exhausting to watch its so tense from beginning to end. 

I saw one trailer and stayed away so I was pretty surprised at a couple of things that happened and where it ultimately went. 

There are some genuine emotional pulls as well. Jim Krasinski emotes really well especially with his eyes and he did a great job conveying the love, fear and responsibilities of a father protecting his family in this world. 

Speaking of the world, it doesn't tell you much about what is going on and I like that. A handful of newspaper clippings are shown at a glance and that's about it, which, I liked that it keeps us in the dark. 

It's also a lot of fun to see a movie like this and think about how you would do it differently or what you would do to survive. 

Overall, excellent movie. Great tension throughout and Krasinski and Emily Blunt are great in it. There are some flaws in that some of the situations are a little contrived but it didn't bother me that much since the end results were so good. 

I give major props to any type of horror or scary movie that feels fresh and unique and this one definitely did for me. Also, kudos to Krasinski for writing it because any movie that excels like this with little to no dialogue is pretty impressive. 

*note* this movie is extremely quiet. This is not the movie to get those Reese's pieces or skittles to enjoy. The music picks up in some spots but overall it's really easy to hear somebody smacking their lips or fooling with their food if that bothers you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Saw Rampage today.  Overall I enjoyed it.  It’s a dumb movie for sure with a shaky plot, over the top action, cheesy dialogue and one dimensional characters but it’s the Rock and monsters destroying stuff so that’s cool.  It’s only 1:45 so it moves quickly.  

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Saw Rampage today.  Overall I enjoyed it.  It’s a dumb movie for sure with a shaky plot, over the top action, cheesy dialogue and one dimensional characters but it’s the Rock and monsters destroying stuff so that’s cool.  It’s only 1:45 so it moves quickly.  

It was okay.  The Rock is it's only attraction drawing in people. Otherwise, noone would want to see it.  It was a C movie at best.