Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Our family watched Wonder over the weekend, and we all loved it.  It is an awesome family movie night rental with humor and some real insights into what it is like to live with a medical condition everyone can see.  What's more, it hits on what it is like to be the family of a kid who everyone sees to first.  The story does an excellent job showing the hardship of the sister.   However, the best part is the way the strengths of all the characters and their relationships are written and acted. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, drowland said:

I’m in the same boat.  The Cap movies are my favorite.  Maybe it’s because they’ve gotten better with each one or it’s the Russo Bros.  They’ve handled that character and others so well.  

Except he is ridiculously overpowered and inconsistent to try to make him equal to the other avengers 

Watched Lady Bird and Darkest Hour tonight.  They were fantastic.  I loved Lady Bird.  That movie had some strong feminine energy but I never found it alienating.  It warped me back to High School.  Kind of depressing that 2003 is now a setting for period film.  But I'm proud of Greta Gerwig and I loved seeing a Millennial my age make a dank bildungsroman for us.

• Like 1

Saw "Red Sparrow" today.  Just your average spy thriller.  I thought the movie was okay, nothing special.  It did have some twists, that one could tell would happen. 

Spoiler

Well, I didn't expect the mole to be who it was.

I felt the movie moved at a slow place and was a little long; so I can only give it a C+

Does make you wonder is there are any Red Sparrows today, trying to manipulate members of the Trump adminisration.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Dunkirk: So much style to cover up what's basically an average war movie. 8/10

1. Hans Zimmer made this work.

2. Around the attack on the minesweeper, you can tell Christopher Nolan is getting bored with the material. Don't do war material again, boss. (see TDKR's infamous police charge scene)

3. This movie probably was longer, but Nolan probably broke the budget before they could reach it (that tacky CGI when Tom Hardy's fuel runs out).

4. I'm offended it got a Best Picture nomination, and I'd be offended if it won.

Black Panther.  I finally saw it and I think I made the mistake of buying into the hype.  I expected too much and what I got was a good, but not great, super hero movie.  I did enjoy it though,if this post was a rotten tomato review it would have a little red happy tomato next to it. 

Spoiler

Chadwick Boseman does well in his role as Black Panther once again.  This is definitely one of the better Marvel super heroes.  The only criticism I had is one that's common in superhero movies, he was a bitt too strong at times.  Maybe I should say, the black panther suit was just too good.  There were times when I was wondering if he was dodging attacks and dashing around just to get some cardio in. 

Okoye!  I would watch her, and her Dora Milaje, beat down the enemies of Wakanda for hours.  Give them a netflix special or their own movie, please.  They stole the show from the panthers.     

Killmonger (terrible name).  They tried to hard to make him a tragic figure, maybe even a misguided character that meant well, and ended up with a character that never really went far enough into any one direction. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Destino said:

Black Panther.  I finally saw it and I think I made the mistake of buying into the hype.  I expected too much and what I got was a good, but not great, super hero movie.  I did enjoy it though,if this post was a rotten tomato review it would have a little red happy tomato next to it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Chadwick Boseman does well in his role as Black Panther once again.  This is definitely one of the better Marvel super heroes.  The only criticism I had is one that's common in superhero movies, he was a bitt too strong at times.  Maybe I should say, the black panther suit was just too good.  There were times when I was wondering if he was dodging attacks and dashing around just to get some cardio in. 

Okoye!  I would watch her, and her Dora Milaje, beat down the enemies of Wakanda for hours.  Give them a netflix special or their own movie, please.  They stole the show from the panthers.     

Killmonger (terrible name).  They tried to hard to make him a tragic figure, maybe even a misguided character that meant well, and ended up with a character that never really went far enough into any one direction. 

Ya, its March, you waited too long.  I got it out the way early and saw it day after it came out.  End of the day, first black superhero from Africa on the big screen, predominetly black cast and crew, and a solid film coming out during black history month none the less.  I agree he felt overpowered at times, but all things considered, the whole thing was right on time.  Very proud moment for myself and a lot of other people, so we gonna let some **** slide on this one : )

15 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

2. Around the attack on the minesweeper, you can tell Christopher Nolan is getting bored with the material. Don't do war material again, boss. (see TDKR's infamous police charge scene)

I kept trying to justify that scene in my head, but I couldn't.

Darkest Hour: I really liked it. I have a feeling big time history buffs might find it a little too simplistic. Day by day recount of Churchill's political challenges after becoming PM, up until around the evacuation at Dunkirk. Focuses a lot on other leaders' lack of faith in him, and belief among them that peace needed to be brokered with Hitler. Not an action movie, at all. If Gary Oldman, who I thought was great, portraying the events occurring at the time of some of his famous speeches, and the thought process behind the speeches sounds good to you, you'll like it. 

Edited by SoulSkin

On 2/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, Warhead36 said:

Game Night is a good movie. Nothing amazing but it does what it sets out to do really well and the characters are wonderful. I'd rate it a solid 8/10 for comedies.

I saw that today.  There was nothing special about it but it was a little different.  Rachel and Jason were great together.  The police officer was creepy though.  I'll give it a solid B.

March looks to be a good movie month, every week; something is out, that I want to see.  Already seen 3 movies, the last 3 days.

I saw Tomb Raider tonight.   At best, it was meh.  It dragged on for while before it finally started to get interesting.

I guess you can call it, a semi-origin story. 

Alicia Vikander is okay as Lara Croft but even though it's been a while; I felt Angelina Jolie was better.

If they do a sequel, hopefully they improve on this one.

So, I will give it a C.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:14 AM, c slag said:

Saw a movie I didn't really understand called Anilalation 

The movie  has too much read between the lines, and second degree thinking. Could have been very good with a more "down to earth" screenplay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Ready Player One.  My son is all of a sudden into the 1980s and this is the first time he read the book first.

I read the book also -- the movie is kind've a futuristic version of "The Goonies".  B+ for a fun movie.. I wouldn't say too much surprised me, but I think the movie turns out to have a less gritty tone than the book.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:42 AM, Fergasun said:

Just got back from Ready Player One.  My son is all of a sudden into the 1980s and this is the first time he read the book first.

I read the book also -- the movie is kind've a futuristic version of "The Goonies".  B+ for a fun movie.. I wouldn't say too much surprised me, but I think the movie turns out to have a less gritty tone than the book.

I saw this today. I really liked it. It was a little different.  I'll give it a solid B.