Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TPM: Orange Co. GOPer Says Obama-As-Chimp Pic Was Just A Joke Meant For Friends

Destino

Sorry, the first thing I thought of after reading a few pages in was Lindsay Lohan suing E-trade.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/lohan_such_baby_jVdQWABj9z0MgXzCv1Nh1O

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

For certain segments of white America, I think that being called a racist has become the absolute worst insult you can call someone. In some ways, it is similar to the N-word for black people. Like you can call a white person a cracker and he will just laugh it off, but if you call him a racist he will go crazy trying to defend himself. So people are more careful about throwing around the word "racist."

lol, there was a certain south park episode about randy and nAggers

And you read the literature. That's a step I've never really taken. (I read the Zahn trilogy but that was it).

No, never really read any of the books. But I am peripherally aware of some of the plots.

Nothing against the books, really... just that the few pages I've read in bookstores were horribly dull. If there were a good oen someone could recommend I'd read it.

It's not just America though. European soccer matches have seen white fans throwing bananas onto the field when a black player scores.

And I don't think the message is "he must be talking about President Bush" :ols:

Nor, I suspect, are they demanding to see his long form birth certificate.

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

No, never really read any of the books. But I am peripherally aware of some of the plots.

Nothing against the books, really... just that the few pages I've read in bookstores were horribly dull. If there were a good oen someone could recommend I'd read it.

I think all five (I think it's five) of Zahn's books are really, really, good.

http://www.amazon.com/Shatterpoint-Star-Wars-Clone/dp/0345455746/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303234943&sr=8-1-spell

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Lord-Rise-Darth-Vader/dp/0345477332/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303234983&sr=1-1

I am not going to read this whole thread to see if this has been brought up yet but i wonder how trent the silverback williams would feel about this thread.

and as a matter of fact somebody has a sig with him made out to be a gorrilla and the first thing that came to my mind was man that could be construed the wrong way

For kicks, I looked this up. Orange County, California has a population of 3,010,232. Blacks comprise 1.69 percent of that population. One point six nine percent. The county has voted Republican in every Presidential election since 1940.

That's Ms. Davenport's constituency.

I can't believe there is fifteen pages of argument about this. It doesn't have to be fair, but don't compare african-americans to monkeys. It doesn't matter if someone compared a white person to a monkey before, because it doesnt have the same connotation. Comparing a black person to a monkey connotes SLAVERY, an institution in which black PEOPLE were considered less than human, i.e. sub-human, i.e. monkeys. Its racist to compare a black person to a monkey, its not racist to compare a white person to a monkey in this culture.

There is no need to defend this, or to argue about what's fair or what's not fair in "political correctness" world. Just don't do it, and if you do it, you are either 1) a racist; or 2) a ****ing moron.

This is the post that should close this thread.

It's absolutely amazing that some of you all cannot comprehend the difference.

man people need to lighten up. news flash here, that friggin picture is hillarious. obama looks just like a monkey there. and guess what, so do bush's facial expressions.

what makes a person a racist is thinking they are better than another race, not all the petty bs that everyone likes to throw out there nowadays.

:doh:

For kicks, I looked this up. Orange County, California has a population of 3,010,232. Blacks comprise 1.69 percent of that population. One point six nine percent. The county has voted Republican in every Presidential election since 1940.

That's Ms. Davenport's constituency.

Let's be clear here. Mr Davenport committed the flagrant ignorant idiotic e-mail. Not her constituency. Try as you want to to paint her constituency like her id suggest your conjecture is off base.

Let's be clear here. Mr Davenport committed the flagrant ignorant idiotic e-mail. Not her constituency. Try as you want to to paint her constituency like her id suggest your conjecture is off base.

Correct.

They aren't to blame - unless they don't depose of her (or force her out) quickly.

Otherwise, it will appear that her comments have tacit approval.

just want to say... bravo

OK. How about we only paint the people defending her actions? :)

Although I'll point out that Ms Davenport's apology says that all of the people she sent the email to, enjoyed it, too. Can we paint them, too?

My post said nothing more than that Orange County has next to no black population and votes Republican all the time.

OK. How about we only paint the people defending her actions? :)

Although I'll point out that Ms Davenport's apology says that all of the people she sent the email to, enjoyed it, too. Can we paint them, too?

Her constituency is a wide swath and "all of the people she sent the email to, enjoyed it, too" is but a mere speckle of idiots. Paint those who enjoyed it as you wish because I'll probably agree with you.

Archived