Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TPM: Orange Co. GOPer Says Obama-As-Chimp Pic Was Just A Joke Meant For Friends

Destino

new-obama-ape-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

Orange County Republican party official Marilyn Davenport has sort-of apologized for sending out a racist picture of President Obama depicting him as a chimp being held by his chimp parents: "I'm sorry if my email offended anyone. I simply found it amusing regarding the character of Obama and all the questions surrounding his origin of birth."

She added: "Again, for those select few who might be truly offended by viewing a copy of an email I sent to a select list of friends and acquaintances, unlike the liberal left when they do the same, I offer my sincere apologies to you--the email was not meant for you."

Davenport's message came after the OC Weekly obtained a copy of an e-mail on Friday with a picture of the President photoshopped onto a baby chimp that's being held by two adult chimps. "Now you know why no birth certificate," the picture says.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/04/orange_co_goper_my_obama-as-chimp_pic_was_just_a_birther_joke_meant_for_my_friends.php

text of full apology:

I'm sorry if my email offended anyone. I simply found it amusing regarding the character of Obama and all the questions surrounding his origin of birth. In no way did I even consider the fact he's half black when I sent out the email. In fact, the thought never entered my mind until one or two other people tried to make this about race. We all know a double standard applies regarding this president. I received plenty of emails about George Bush that I didn't particularly like yet there was no 'cry' in the media about them. One only has to go to Youtube or Google Images to see a plethora or lampooning videos and pictures of Obama, Bush and other politicians. That being said, I will NOT resign my central committee position over this matter that the average person knows and agrees is much to do about nothing. Again, for those select few who might be truly offended by viewing a copy of an email I sent to a select list of friends and acquaintances, unlike the liberal left when they do the same, I offer my sincere apologies to you--the email was not meant for you. For any of my friends or acquaintances who were the recipients of my email and were truly offended, please call me so I may offer a sincere verbal apology to you.

Well if that's not a sincere apology I don't know what is! :ols:

She meant nothing by it. How could anybody see race in that? Some of her best friends are black. Muriel, her cleaning lady for example. That nice man who parks her car at the garage at her office. It is an outrage that the liberal media is reporting on this little joke. She just sent it to some friends, because as an official of the Orange County Republican Party, she has questions about where Obama was born.

...Oh yeah, also the checkout lady at Ralph's who smiles at her so nicely.

In other words, she said, "I did not intend for members of the public to get their hands on this e-mail. My friends and I are closet racists. We like to make jokes about negroes, but we're not dumb enough to tell those jokes in public."

You calling her an elitist?

Cliff notes:

Sorry I got caught.

Me and my friends find this hilarous. You know, with people not sure whether Obama was born in Hawaii or to a pack of chimps.

I don't like when people make fun of Bush

The internet has political cartoons.

No way am I giving up any power over this silly incident.

If anyone was offended call me....But only call me if you are my friend

"I'm sorry if my actions offended anyone" is not an apology for your actions. That's another way of saying, "its your fault for taking offense". Which is fine, if that's what you believe - but its not an apology.

I also find it amusing that the OC Republican party calls their leadership group (I presume), the "central committee". Workers unite!

This club have free beer?

Yeah, as long as you're cool with PBR. Don't bringin' none of that fancy-shmancy stuff in here. :)

---------- Post added April-18th-2011 at 02:05 PM ----------

SMH

Big difference between calling a black person a monkey and a white person a monkey.

Let's merge this with the Kobe thread. A lot of people were trying to make the point that calling a heterosexual person a ****** was just as bad as calling a homosexual that.

Goose-gander, and all that jazz.

I don't care. If we want racial equality we have to move on. Remember but don't dwell.

I completely agree. Remember but don't dwell.

Oh wait, she is the one that was dwelling on this. She is the one that thought it was "funny" to forward a racist email. She can't even explain how monkeys correlate to not finding a birth certificate. Just goes to show you that racist people truly are less intelligent and lack the fundamentals of logic.

I forwarded an email to her on why women shouldn't be allowed to vote but only because I disagree with her politics not because I'm sexist.

Bush = monkey :thumbsup:

Obama = monkey :cry:

Do you not see the problem? Don't you recall all the racist propoganda through the years depicting blacks/African Americans as apes?

It was a stupid joke by the Orange county official and what you posted is not any better.

Archived