Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designer Jeans

mhd24

Levis skinny jeans are all I rock. They aren't like girl pants tight, but they aren't loose. I also usually wear them a little short at the bottom. The girls where I live/lived love it. Just don't get a chubby in them, you can pretty much see junk without one lol.

I hated jeans until I bought a nice pair of them. Seven jeans are damn near as comfortable as sweatpants. I never got my money's worth out of cheaper brands because they'd end up on my driveway in a Purple Heart giveaway bag within a year of buying them. I probably wasted 200 bucks on a bunch of those pairs. I've gotten soooo much more use out of the 2 pairs of expensive jeans that I've bought. That 200 bucks has been way more worth it.

He seems to be thinking too hard. I'm not one for spending a lot of money on clothes but I have a good selection of clothes that I bought for the times I go out with my coworkers, girlfriend and guy friends. There is no way some of those clothes can be replaced by any $15 item from Walmart.

I don't see what the big deal is. Sometimes the price of an item does reflect it's true value. There is no shame in dressing nice which more often than not comes at a decent cost. It's not insecurity. I can wear anything dumpy and still feel good about myself. But on moderate to special occasions, why dress average when you can afford to get something better? Not referencing to your husband but I find it sad that a lot of guys still live under this false sense of masculinity where they have to do certain "manly" things just to get a point across.

Unless you were the first overall pick in the NBA draft you probably have other things that are more "manly" that you could spend you money on. Credit card debt is not manly. Not having an emergency fund is not manly. Not having a plan now that can have you financially secure 10-15 years from now is not manly.

In my opinion buying a pair of expensive jeans, or an expensive suit, or a pair of quality shoes is not an issue. Where I think it is trouble is when people live that lifestyle and don't have an appropriate level of resources. Parking a Mercedes C class in your parent's driveway is not manly. Nor is wearing a pair of 175 jeans in your childhood home.

You don't know me so don't pass judgement! Its easy to judge as you are right now, Its for simple minded and jealous people and I am sure you are not one!
:ols: You can't be serious. Please tell me you're not serious. If you're really that upset by something I posted on a message board...well, that's just hilarious.

:ols: You can't be serious. Please tell me you're not serious. If you're really that upset by something I posted on a message board...well, that's just hilarious.

I just want to say that people shouldn't be surprised when they get flak for posting about their love of designer jeans on a football message board.

My husband just got home so I asked for his input on your very question (yes, I'm bored tonight). His take: "No, not overspending on brand name crap is manliness." He went on to say that you cannot convince him that designer jeans are more comfortable for a man than regular jeans. Just like you can't convince him that a Versace white t-shirt is more comfortable than a $1 Fruit of the Loom t-shirt from Walmart. He thinks spending a lot of money on clothes is over-compensation for low self-confidence and feeling the need to show off your money, or perceived money, to make yourself feel legitimate in society...deep thoughts, by Jack Handy.

I never understood this concept of "manly" vs. "unmanly" since every single trait a person has can be different. I change diapers but I also dug out two trees for 6 hours on a Saturday instead of paying someone else to do it. One thing isn't manly, the other is. So, to make a judgment on someone on a message board over the clothes he or she wears is a bit odd to me. Personally, my wife bought me a pair of 7 jeans about a year ago and I can definitely tell the difference. In the past, I wore nice jeans (J Crew or Abercrombie), but nothing too extravagant. These are much more comfortable. I don't know why and I don't really care.

It's just odd to me that you and your husband can make such a sweeping generalization. I don't really care, mind you. It's your right, but it just seems forced to me. Out of curiosity, does your husband have any unmanly traits or does he wear stiff jeans, have to shave twice per day, have callouses all over his hands, and spit nails?

Edit: Also, for the record, I don't want the tone to be misunderstood. I'm not offended (and not the OP in this thread...I kind of jumped in!). I just don't get the concept that someone is either manly or unmanly. I do what I do and I'm pretty happy with the balance I've struck: I help my toddler daughter dress up her dolls (unmanly), I can fix a lot of things around the house (kind of manly), I play tackle football with my son (and daughter) on Sunday mornings (kind of manly), I wear nice clothes (apparently unmanly), I change diapers (unmanly and gross!!), I work in the yard (manly?), etc.

So, I'm more concerned with discussing the actual opinions you have...just wanted to get that out there as I don't take these types of things personally.

Levis skinny jeans are all I rock. They aren't like girl pants tight, but they aren't loose. I also usually wear them a little short at the bottom. The girls where I live/lived love it. Just don't get a chubby in them, you can pretty much see junk without one lol.

Yep, same here. Rock the Levis and chicks dig it.

Where the heck do you put your wallet and keys in those skinny jeans? I can't fit in that stuff, my legs and ass are to big. Squats FTW

Wallet, back pocket or backpack, keys on a carabiner hook.

Upset? No, amuzed by your simple minded attitude and stupidity that you can judge a person's manhood by the clothes they wear! You want to look like **** then so be it, just dont hate on others.

Sheesh, I didn't realize this thread would garner so many responses. Again, I've always gotten 40-50 dollar Calvin Klein Jeans. I just saw a pair of 7's (on sale), never have gotten a pair before, and decided to try them on.

They are the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn, bar none.

Wallet, back pocket or backpack, keys on a carabiner hook.

I feel like such a hipster doing that, but I do the same thing. Most people on this board live places where it's not the norm, I get that. But living in Williamsburg Brooklyn (currently in tokyo though) it's the total norm and I fought it for the longest time until a girl took me to the store and was like try these on, the very next night I hooked up with this hipster chick.

Unless you were the first overall pick in the NBA draft you probably have other things that are more "manly" that you could spend you money on. Credit card debt is not manly. Not having an emergency fund is not manly. Not having a plan now that can have you financially secure 10-15 years from now is not manly.

In my opinion buying a pair of expensive jeans, or an expensive suit, or a pair of quality shoes is not an issue. Where I think it is trouble is when people live that lifestyle and don't have an appropriate level of resources. Parking a Mercedes C class in your parent's driveway is not manly. Nor is wearing a pair of 175 jeans in your childhood home.

Please don't pass judgment without knowing. I attend an extremely good school and already have a HIGH paying job within my major, all of which I achieved on my own with very little help from anyone else. I'm not trying to sound ****y, but don't bring up the "mommy and daddy's money" crap.

I make enough money that I can buy whatever I feel like and still save enough at the end of the day. BTW, I do drive a Mercedes, one that I bought with my own money. I don't buy $175 jeans, but I do have pairs of clothes that are a little expensive than normal. Don't hate. I wasn't the first overall pick in the NBA draft but I did work my ass off right out of high school to put myself in the position I am in today. I live on my own, pay my own bills and still have enough saved to put in the bank and spend on myself.

Vishal,

Don't worry so much about it. If you like expensive clothes, buy them. It's cool. I've already posted something to the folks who seem to care how OTHERS want to spend their money. I don't take this personally, I'm just curious about that mindset and the labeling that is going on. However, for you, don't let others make you feel bad for how you choose to spend the money you earn. If some people see your nice clothes a certain way, that probably isn't the audience you're too concerned about anyway.

ok well I didnt have time to read the entire thread but I am getting a feeling that in general people are against the idea of paying extra for these "premium" brands...

Although I dont wear or use any of these "premium" brands, my wife does. I admit that I am probably not the go-to guy for fashion but how can you think those jeans from Gap are as good as those "premium" jeans... I hope you guys are only saying that because you are thinking about the price tag more than anythign else... The same goes for those shoes and other crap that my wife spends money... I think they are worth the money as long as you are exceeding your means...

Archived