Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designer Jeans

mhd24

Why are some of the "fancy pants" looking at other guys jeans to determine if they look like scrubs to begin with? :ols:

The question is, how the heck are you going to tell if my jeans are designers or not? You must be looking at my *** specialy since the real men in here that dont wear name brand Jeans would be able to tell the difference between a Levis or Diesel Jeans? ;)

designer jeans really don't cost as much as you guys think, well maybe the newest pairs and the trendy retail stores do, but I got my Guess and Perry Ellis jeans (not really designer but nice looking, non-skinny jeans) from Ross' for $25 each. How much do jeans cost at Wal-Mart? 10-15? An extra 10 bucks for something that you'll use on a weekly basis for years, is NOT A BIG DEAL.

I don't think that's what is being laughed at here. $25 isn't expensive. I think people are talking about spending hundreds of dollars on something that looks pretty much the same as a $25 pair of jeans.

As for skinny jeans...well, it has been a decade since the '90s.

The question is, how the heck are you going to tell if my jeans are designers or not? You must be looking at my *** specialy since the real men in here that dont wear name brand Jeans would be able to tell the difference between a Levis or Diesel Jeans? ;)

I wasn't the one who was worried about it or started a thread to discuss with other guys whether they wear designer jeans or not.

:ols:

I wasn't the one who was worried about it or started a thread to discuss with other guys whether they wear designer jeans or not.

Cool, but how does that have anything to do with looking at another man's *** to see if they are wearing scruby jeans per your first post? The OP was asking for recommendations about other brands etc...

People seem to be over-thinking this to me.

What is fundamentally wrong with wanting and getting nice things if you're living within your means to do so? People spend all sorts of money on nice houses, cars, furniture, computers, TVs, etc. not for other people to notice but to personally enjoy. What's the issue with that?

EDIT: not worth it. This thread is pointless.

Maybe I'm not being clear...I'm on your side of the fence with this. I hope you didn't take that post the wrong way.

I didn't. I wrote an answer to your question but figured it's not worth the tirade it would elicit from the holy crusaders of "fashion" that are showing up in this thread.

It seems kind of pointless that people even feel so strongly about what other guys wear. I don't buy designer jeans but I didn't realize that some guys have such a a serious complex against those that do. :ols:

I didn't. I wrote an answer to your question but figured it's not worth the tirade it would elicit from the holy crusaders of "fashion" that are showing up in this thread.

It seems kind of pointless that people even feel so strongly about what other guys wear. I don't buy designer jeans but I didn't realize that some guys have such a a serious complex against those that do. :ols:

I know...what's less manly when you think about it:

1) Dressing yourself and not really thinking about it

2) Dressing yourself and analyzing how other people dress themselves...then coming up with assumptions as to why they dress as they do

Cool, but how does that have anything to do with looking at another man's *** to see if they are wearing scruby jeans per your first post? The OP was asking for recommendations about other brands etc...

You're twisting my words, I said if you need to wear $100 jeans to not look like a scrub than you're a tool.

You're twisting my words, I said if you need to wear $100 jeans to not look like a scrub than you're a tool.

Twisting your words? Dude this is your post "Why are some of the "fancy pants" looking at other guys jeans to determine if they look like scrubs to begin with?" Anyway, time to head back to Stadium and read more post about Shanny and son being fired soon :ols:

I feel like such a hipster doing that, but I do the same thing. Most people on this board live places where it's not the norm, I get that. But living in Williamsburg Brooklyn (currently in tokyo though) it's the total norm and I fought it for the longest time until a girl took me to the store and was like try these on, the very next night I hooked up with this hipster chick.

Yeah, I fought it for a while too, but then I tried them on one time, and I was like "dang, I look good." Now it's all I wear, haha! And yeah, chicks pretty much can't resist a good pair of skinnies.

I think the guy in the background is wearing designer jeans:

Augh, what has been seen can't be unseen!

I don't think that's what is being laughed at here. $25 isn't expensive. I think people are talking about spending hundreds of dollars on something that looks pretty much the same as a $25 pair of jeans.

As for skinny jeans...well, it has been a decade since the '90s.

well they do look different... if you got a gf... get her in some good fitting jeans from Guess or Gap and then get her in some good fitting True Religion or 7 Jeans... and you will notice a difference in their look...

I think in general people dont spend too much on things just for the "image".. in general the more expensive stuff is actually that much better...

well they do look different... if you got a gf... get her in some good fitting jeans from Guess or Gap and then get her in some good fitting True Religion or 7 Jeans... and you will notice a difference in their look...

I think in general people dont spend too much on things just for the "image".. in general the more expensive stuff is actually that much better...

I don't think people care if women do it. Haha.

I don't think people care if women do it. Haha.

well if this type of stuff works on women then why are we having such a hard time understanding why guys do it as well...

its kind of like when I want to upgrade my computer.. my wife thinks I am wasting ton of money on a new computer that does the same thign as my current computer... well she is right that the new computer does the same thing as my current computer but it will just do it that much better...

Fair enough...I addressed you a couple pages back about your husband since you were playing the man card earlier. I never understood that point of view. If you have a second, feel free to reply. If not, no worries, it's almost time for my eyebrow wax anyway.

Here's the deal, if a guy shops more than I do, knows more about designer clothing than I do, shaves more than I do, takes my pedicure footbath at the freaking spa causing me to have to wait to get my damn pedicure, then I don't find them manly in the least. It's like if a chick started a thread on which brand of chew people recommended, would guys not think that was unattractive? Would there be a lot of joking responses in the thread? Hell yes there would.

As for my husband, he's pretty much against all designer stuff, all expensive stuff, most brand name stuff, etc. He does not understand anyone who is into fashion, guy or girl, but especially guys. He thinks it's mentally weak guys who try to impress others with overpriced stuff, particularly designer jeans, fancy sunglasses, and Affliction attire. That's just his way of thinking. He thinks it's the vast, vast, vast minority of guys who buy overpriced clothing, cars, etc. just for themselves and not to impress others.

well if this type of stuff works on women then why are we having such a hard time understanding why guys do it as well...

its kind of like when I want to upgrade my computer.. my wife thinks I am wasting ton of money on a new computer that does the same thign as my current computer... well she is right that the new computer does the same thing as my current computer but it will just do it that much better...

Well, because computers do a hell of alot more than just cover up your junk and your legs.

People seem to be over-thinking this to me.

What is fundamentally wrong with wanting and getting nice things if you're living within your means to do so? People spend all sorts of money on nice houses, cars, furniture, computers, TVs, etc. not for other people to notice but to personally enjoy. What's the issue with that?

What is fundamentally wrong with guys getting manicures? Nothing. No one is arguing that people who have embraced feminine fashion mind sets are bad or fundamentally wrong.

It's like if a chick started a thread on which brand of chew people recommended, would guys not think that was unattractive? Would there be a lot of joking responses in the thread? Hell yes there would.

Well thats gross if a guy or girl started that thread.

As for my husband, he's pretty much against all designer stuff, all expensive stuff, most brand name stuff, etc. He does not understand anyone who is into fashion, guy or girl, but especially guys. He thinks it's mentally weak guys who try to impress others with overpriced stuff, particularly designer jeans, fancy sunglasses, and Affliction attire. That's just his way of thinking. He thinks it's the vast, vast, vast minority of guys who buy overpriced clothing, cars, etc. just for themselves and not to impress others.

So whats he like to spend his money on?? He must have some ultra manly vice he indulges.

Here's the deal, if a guy shops more than I do, knows more about designer clothing than I do, shaves more than I do, takes my pedicure footbath at the freaking spa causing me to have to wait to get my damn pedicure, then I don't find them manly in the least. It's like if a chick started a thread on which brand of chew people recommended, would guys not think that was unattractive? Would there be a lot of joking responses in the thread? Hell yes there would.

That's fair. However, the problem is you've taken one thing and built about 15 assumptions on top of it. I have a pair of designer jeans that I like to wear. It might surprise you to find out that I hate shopping (and in fact didn't buy them for myself). My wardrobe is amassed on my birthday and over Christmas along with any other time my wife sees something that she likes and thinks I'd look good in. She's the one with fashion sense and I'd suspect that most of the guys on this board are in similar situations. Also, wearing nice clothes probably doesn't usually equate to peticures and spa trips.

Another fair opinion...I guess I've never really gotten into thinking about why other people do things that much. If they have the money and do something with it that makes them happy...good for them. They earned the money (hopefully), so why not use it as they see fit.

Anyway, I understand...it just seems like we're making quite a leap from "wears nice jeans" to "waxes everything, reads fashion mags, and has weekly manicures" in this thread.

This thread reads like a conversation between men and women about how women spend too much time and money obsessing about their jeans. The difference being women don't get as over sensitive in their defense whining about how they are being judged or making up the most ridiculous comfort excuses I've ever read. Especially the young guy claiming every pair of jeans he bought he gave away until he discovered the expensive ones. A hilariously bad lie.

Man up gentlemen. If you over spend on jeans, you do it because you can and you want to spare me the sad sack reasoning behind your guilty pleasure.

If you wear skinny jeans... sorry can't help you there.

Yah, ironic that the only thing more effeminate than owning the designer jeans is the constant whining about perceived persecution about owning the designer jeans. It's a vicious circle.

So whats he like to spend his money on?? He must have some ultra manly vice he indulges.

I bet he likes to take trips to Alaska to hunt grizz with a Bowie knife. Same one he shaves with during the week.

Which happens to be my guilty pleasure too.

Well thats gross if a guy or girl started that thread.
Oh Gawd, I'm not saying he's some "ultra-manly" dude. As for what he spends his money on, nothing. Seriously, nothing. He was born into a broken home, grew up a complete scrapper and spent all his money he had on college and grad. school. These days, he spends his money on rent, paying back loans, and expenses related to wrestling (traveling, lodging, and food when on trips). He literally spends no money outside of bills and wrestling expenses. I'm the spender our relationship. :silly:

Archived