Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designer Jeans

mhd24

I don't get why some people are jumping on guys who buy expensive jeans. If it's not your thing, that's fine. But who cares if someone you don't even know wants to spend more on nicer clothes?

Fine, I'll answer honestly: I seriously question a guy's manhood who buys designer clothes, much less designer jeans. It's not "manly" to me at all.

I think his point was that spending a bill on jeans is not a need, nor is the style that much different. It's a pair of jeans. Jeans are casual wear not dress clothes.

thats where there is the age gap, nice jeans are considered dress clothes for us yungins IMO

lol I love threads like this with such generational differences its funny because older people say exactly what their parents said about them. Why would you want long hair you look like a girl, why are you listening to that music thats not real music, and get off my lawn!

Fine, I'll answer honestly: I seriously question a guy's manhood who buys designer clothes, much less designer jeans. It's not "manly" to me at all.

I think its a bit unfair. Granted, I have never bought "designer" jeans, but I have bought jeans from Guess for 80 dollars before and they were comfortable and look great

I like wearing nice clothes, including nice jeans and nice t-shirts (cue t-shirt time). I just find ways to do it now without spending 80-100+ plus on jeans :)

Really, you would go to a job interview in jeans? Good Lord this country's turning to crap.

Oh come now. Starter Jackets ring a bell? Tommy Hilfiger? Nautica? I remember teenagers over spending on stupid nonsense when I was amongst them.

and... Adults do it too, both of us know it. Purple label Ralph Lauren suit with a nice shirt, tie, watch, and shoes... the math makes dropping 100 bucks on sissy jeans seem like nothing.

I think its a bit unfair. Granted, I have never bought "designer" jeans, but I have bought jeans from Guess for 80 dollars before and they were comfortable and look great

I like wearing nice clothes, including nice jeans and nice t-shirts (cue t-shirt time). I just find ways to do it now without spending 80-100+ plus on jeans :)

I never said it was fair...I just said I would be honest. :) It weirds me out when guys talk about clothing, particularly designer jeans. I've never had a major male influence in my life give a hoot about clothing trends, designer jeans, etc. I correlate clothing obsession with females. Evidently I'm an old-fashion, bassackwards sexist :ols:

Also, I feel very strongly about people wearing jeans to a nice event, job interview, etc. For the most part, I feel it's disrespectful, no matter how much someone paid for the jeans.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have smarted off in this thread, just like I smarted off in the TapOut t-shirt thread a while back...it appears as though I'm heavily outnumbered. I'll bow out and let you guys talk about fabulous jeans... :)

Those jeans are not meant for people like you. They are meant for people who just really love designer jeans and have money lol. I like when people say look you don't need designer jeans just pay $25 at sears its all the same. Well people don't need mercedes', people don't need houses with 6 rooms, people don't need brand name anything, but people like it and they spend money on it and the market meets the demand. Btw I never have bought $550 dollar jeans but I have seen some really nice Girbaud jeans that I would buy if I had money like that.

In all fairness,

Nice does not have to cost a hundred bucks per.

I can afford any jeans that I want, but saw a pair in that store that I linked...$550...for jeans ? No ****ing way. And I spend money for things I want, I just don't see the need to blow it.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have smarted off in this thread, just like I smarted off in the TapOut t-shirt thread a while back...it appears as though I'm heavily outnumbered. I'll bow out and let you guys talk about fabulous jeans... :)

I disagree your comments mirrored my wife's. It's one thing for men to spend money on things considered "manly". Watch, suit, etc. When they start buying "7" jeans that girls traditionally talk about so they look "cute" at the club or at the party... it's a little questionable. I certainly don't own a pair of designer jeans and didn't know what 7 or true religion jeans were. I googled them. 7's are 100+ and TR are around 300. That's hilarious!

Also have to laugh at all the types of skinny jeans. Just terrible.

This thread is funny :ols:

I mean how can an $80 pair of jeans be more comfortable than a $20 pair....unless they don't fit in the first place :ols:

Do they have silk in them ;)

Well they don't feel like cardboard or sand paper for one and they aren't stiff as ****. I wear True Religion, Rock & Republic, etc..... They just are so much more comfortable then the regular jeans. Yes they are $100+ but they are worth it to me.

Oh come now. Starter Jackets ring a bell? Tommy Hilfiger? Nautica? I remember teenagers over spending on stupid nonsense when I was amongst them.

and... Adults do it too, both of us know it. Purple label Ralph Lauren suit with a nice shirt, tie, watch, and shoes... the math makes dropping 100 bucks on sissy jeans seem like nothing.

Lol...actually, no. I grew up in the countryside, the guys I knew wore sweats, levis, and wranglers, I'm not kidding. Going back to visit my relatives in D.C. each summer was like going to a completely different world. Even now, what the hell is a Purple Label Ralph Lauren suit? I can't tell the difference from the JCPenny suit I bought my husband for $89 to look nice for his college graduation and the suit he bought for $300 to wear in our wedding. I don't know. Guess my family and I all look like unfashionable scrubs all the time...I mean, I know my husband usually does :ols: But I'd rather have to go out and buy something for him and tell him when he has to dress up for something than having him give me fashion tips.

But you're right, we all find things to blow our money on. I definitely admit I buy designer clothes, shoes, and purses from time to time, and I spend my money these days getting pedicures and other crap, but I'm allowed to do that because I'm a chick. To me, this falls in the same category of men who get pedicures and manicures. :whoknows:

I disagree your comments mirrored my wife's. It's one thing for men to spend money on things considered "manly". Watch, suit, etc. When they start buying "7" jeans that girls traditionally talk about so they look "cute" at the club or at the party... it's a little questionable. I certainly don't own a pair of designer jeans and didn't know what 7 or true religion jeans were. I googled them. 7's are 100+ and TR are around 300. That's hilarious!

I meant outnumbered by men who like to spend money on fabulosity. :ols: I'm pretty confident many of my girlfriends would share my views...

If you make 20 mill per year and wear wranglers, you can text sideline reporters your junk and get play. :ols:

If you aren't a player, these jeans make people laugh. ;)

Here is the thing

I dress well. Pretty much always unless I am bumming around the house or my gf's place.

Sometimes dressing well costs money, even with jeans. For me I have found great jeans, that look damn good from Pac-Sun and they have 2 for 70 dollar deals always. Just as good looking as those 80 dollar Guess jeans I once bought, and I have never tried any designer jeans, although I have heard good things

I'll also purchase stuff like this

Biased Cut

Perfect fitting dress shirts

I am very lucky that I fit very well into suits right out of the store, so I can get suits from Jos A Banks (those 2 for 1 deals) and they'll look like designer Ralph Lauren suits on me.

Shoes- Ken Cole reaction, 100 dollars max at Macys. Get a new pair every 18 months or so

I won't hate on men who spend a ton of cash on jeans. Jeans have evolved, they aren't 20 dollar Wranglers anymore for chopping lumber

But you're right, we all find things to blow our money on. I definitely admit I buy designer clothes, shoes, and purses from time to time, and I spend my money these days getting pedicures and other crap, but I'm allowed to do that because I'm a chick. To me, this falls in the same category of men who get pedicures and manicures. :whoknows:

Again, I just think its evolving taste (and for the record I have never gotten a pedicure or manicure)

However I know Sean Taylor did at Grooming Lounge at Tysons 2 back in 2005.

Hell, right at this moment I have on 60 dollar underarmour sweats :ols:

So damn comfortable, I got them in 2004 and they still are comfortable and fit great. So really, I spent 10 dollars a year on them

I know for me personally, I can't feel comfortable in $25-30 jeans. That saying though i'm not out buy $100+ pairs. I think the most I spent on a pair were $80 some bucks. They felt extremely comfortable and I loved them. That's as far as I would go though spending wise. Also Express has some nice stuff there. That's where I usually get my ties, socks, and dress pants.

. Also Express has some nice stuff there. That's where I usually get my ties, socks, and dress pants.

Now people may question my manhood, but Express has just gone down the drain with mens clothes and has become 3 times as expensive. Thats why you always need those damn coupons they send every week to you

Now people may question my manhood, but Express has just gone down the drain with mens clothes and has become 3 times as expensive. Thats why you always need those damn coupons they send every week to you

Well last time I went there I just got a pair of dress socks and they were actually pretty expensive. I've started to lean more in Banana Republics direction thanks to my g/f who always goes there.

Archived