Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designer Jeans

mhd24

MY gf bought two pairs of Diesel Jeans for me, one was $175.00 and the other $225.00! I have had all kind of jeans... $15.00 ones, $30.00 ones, name a brand I have had them... Non of them come close to the Diesel jeans and how comfortable they are not mentioning the fit!

So being cheap is a sign of manliness?

My husband just got home so I asked for his input on your very question (yes, I'm bored tonight). His take: "No, not overspending on brand name crap is manliness." He went on to say that you cannot convince him that designer jeans are more comfortable for a man than regular jeans. Just like you can't convince him that a Versace white t-shirt is more comfortable than a $1 Fruit of the Loom t-shirt from Walmart. He thinks spending a lot of money on clothes is over-compensation for low self-confidence and feeling the need to show off your money, or perceived money, to make yourself feel legitimate in society...deep thoughts, by Jack Handy.

Now people may question my manhood, but Express has just gone down the drain with mens clothes and has become 3 times as expensive. Thats why you always need those damn coupons they send every week to you

that's what i said earlier...I loved shopping there, but the stuff is getting too ghey and expensive. I cant wear that...just give me some nice looking dress shirts and I'm fine.

I now pretty much only buy stuff from Nordstrom during the Men's sale or JCrew

Fine, I'll answer honestly: I seriously question a guy's manhood who buys designer clothes, much less designer jeans. It's not "manly" to me at all.

LOL, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard! You want to be a mountain man/woman go ahead but to call someone's manhood (WTF does that even mean because they wear designer clothing) is just plain stupid. Everyone has a style, your style is to look ordinary ;) But I look good so dont be a hater lol

My husband just got home so I asked for his input on your very question (yes, I'm bored tonight). His take: "No, not overspending on brand name crap is manliness." He went on to say that you cannot convince him that designer jeans are more comfortable for a man than regular jeans. Just like you can't convince him that a Versace white t-shirt is more comfortable than a $1 Fruit of the Loom t-shirt from Walmart. He thinks spending a lot of money on clothes is over-compensation for low self-confidence and feeling the need to show off your money, or perceived money, to make yourself feel legitimate in society...deep thoughts, by Jack Handy.

He seems to be thinking too hard. I'm not one for spending a lot of money on clothes but I have a good selection of clothes that I bought for the times I go out with my coworkers, girlfriend and guy friends. There is no way some of those clothes can be replaced by any $15 item from Walmart.

I don't see what the big deal is. Sometimes the price of an item does reflect it's true value. There is no shame in dressing nice which more often than not comes at a decent cost. It's not insecurity. I can wear anything dumpy and still feel good about myself. But on moderate to special occasions, why dress average when you can afford to get something better? Not referencing to your husband but I find it sad that a lot of guys still live under this false sense of masculinity where they have to do certain "manly" things just to get a point across.

I am in the middle - not Walmart but not designer.

I don't spend a ton of money on clothes. I go shopping 2 times a year. My "nice" clothes are usually from Jcrew or Banana Republic sales ($25-$30 jeans, $20-$30 dress shirts/polos) but I also have a lot of cheap stuff as well from target and what not. And amazingly, I still look really good and have a very very very attractive fiance without $300 jeans. Guess I am lucky. :pfft:

I consider Jcrew and Banana Republic splurges, and I guess I just don't see the point of spending x3 more than those stores for clothes just so it is "designer."

I'm not the designer jeans type. I pretty much do all of my shopping at K&G's, Sports Authority, and Mens Warehouse. All of their clothes are affordable, and the jeans at K&G's pretty much look just the same as the expensive ones that go for like 60 dollars. I'm real frugal when it comes to spending money on clothes, unless its a suit or a contoured designer shirt ( which is rare for me anyways) but I'm still able to dress stylish, and keep more money in my pockets at the same time. Theres no way in hell I'm spending over 30$ on a pair of jeans.

There is no shame in dressing nice which more often than not comes at a decent cost. It's not insecurity. I can wear anything dumpy and still feel good about myself. But on moderate to special occasions, why dress average when you can afford to get something better? Not referencing to your husband but I find it sad that a lot of guys still live under this false sense of masculinity where they have to do certain "manly" things just to get a point across.

Hey parachute pants were nice when I was in high school :ols:

No shame in the game ;)

LOL, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard! You want to be a mountain man/woman go ahead but to call someone's manhood (WTF does that even mean because they wear designer clothing) is just plain stupid. Everyone has a style, your style is to look ordinary ;) But I look good so dont be a hater lol
Touched a nerve, did I? :)

And no, my style is not to look "ordinary."

Yes, if you cant efford to eat a steak but see others eat one you will call them GAY... while the same people are trying hard to get to a point in their life where they can eat the same stake every night.

Daaang, I really touched a nerve.

By the way, how much have you been drinking tonight? :ols:

He seems to be thinking too hard.
He tends to do that...which makes him fun to be around :)

Skinny jeans are just gay. I don't see any difference in quality between designer jeans and regular jeans therefore I go for the cheaper ones. how more comfortable can they be?

I like boot cut jeans, I wear lots of boots so it fits great. I stay away from skinny jeans, I cant fit in them anway since I have big legs. Designer doesnt mean skinny... It does mean that it should fit your body better than other non designer clothing. Its the cut, its the material and over all the design! I wear expensive Jeans, suits, boots, jackets and so on and mainly because of my work. I know no one can tell what they are or how much I paid for them and that is not the reason I wear expensive clothing! I wear them because I am comfortable in them, they last longer, they clean and wash better, and when you look good and confident the day becomes even more enjoyable..

I like boot cut jeans, I wear lots of boots so it fits great. I stay away from skinny jeans, I cant fit in them anway since I have big legs. Designer doesnt mean skinny... It does mean that it should fit your body better than other non designer clothing. Its the cut, its the material and over all the design! I wear expensive Jeans, suits, boots, jackets and so on and mainly because of my work. I know no one can tell what they are or how much I paid for them and that is not the reason I wear expensive clothing! I wear them because I am comfortable in them, they last longer, they clean and wash better, and when you look good and confident the day becomes even more enjoyable..
So you admit your confidence is related to your clothing...

For the most part I agree. Over the past few years since starting up Rogue Squirrel, I've learned a lot about the differences in the quality of good clothing, and can see the reason people would spend the extra money on something that to some seems frivolous. We have a brand of shirt that we used to buy to print our designs on, and for the most part they were alright; cheap, okay fit, better quality than the cheapo Hane's or Jersey shirts. But later on down the road we were introduced to a different brand of blanks, that while being a bit more expensive the difference in quality was quite noticeable. They were a much more comfortable fit, draped better on you, didn't shrink as much (if at all) when you washed them, colors stayed true throughout washes. They are now the primary brand we print on unless we need to do a shirt that absolutely needs to cost less, in that case the cheaper brand will suffice. There's definitely something to be said about more expensive clothing when the quality matches.

I used to be the type of person to buy any old type of shoe, any old type of jeans/clothing, etc. but throughout the years I have definitely found that sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. Will I ever pay 100+ bucks on jeans? Maybe one day, I can't really see myself doing it right now, but I also never thought I'd spend much more than 30/40/50 bucks on a pair of shoes until I tried a good quality pair of kicks. To each his own I guess, some people don't notice one iota of a difference in cheaper clothing vs. the more expensive stuff, especially with how they wear it, some people do, I don't think it has any real bearing on the mettle of the man though.

Now people may question my manhood, but Express has just gone down the drain with mens clothes and has become 3 times as expensive. Thats why you always need those damn coupons they send every week to you

Remember when it was Structure and wasn't really lame like it is now? Even the decor is terrible now.

Nobody likes hipsters.

I will say though, I know a guy who's a pretty well known hip-hop choreographer, and he did a video awhile back and the video called for skinny jeans to be worn. As a fashion hates skinny jeans, but he wore them for this job, and actually was surprised with how comfortable they were. Even said they were the most comfortable jeans he had ever worn ... though he still hates them.

I will say though, I know a guy who's a pretty well known hip-hop choreographer, and he did a video awhile back and the video called for skinny jeans to be worn. As a fashion hates skinny jeans, but he wore them for this job, and actually was surprised with how comfortable they were. Even said they were the most comfortable jeans he had ever worn ... though he still hates them.

They are very comfortable. Look good too.

Archived