Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Designer Jeans

mhd24

Vishal,

Don't worry so much about it. If you like expensive clothes, buy them. It's cool. I've already posted something to the folks who seem to care how OTHERS want to spend their money. I don't take this personally, I'm just curious about that mindset and the labeling that is going on. However, for you, don't let others make you feel bad for how you choose to spend the money you earn. If some people see your nice clothes a certain way, that probably isn't the audience you're too concerned about anyway.

Pretty much, but the thing is that despite however much I make, I don't even buy that many clothes. The last time I went "shopping" for clothes was in June. I find it funny that all these crusaders of manliness think it's perfectly manly to judge other guys based on clothes.

Haters gonna hate.

designer jeans really don't cost as much as you guys think, well maybe the newest pairs and the trendy retail stores do, but I got my Guess and Perry Ellis jeans (not really designer but nice looking, non-skinny jeans) from Ross' for $25 each. How much do jeans cost at Wal-Mart? 10-15? An extra 10 bucks for something that you'll use on a weekly basis for years, is NOT A BIG DEAL.

designer jeans really don't cost as much as you guys think, well maybe the newest pairs and the trendy retail stores do, but I got my Guess and Perry Ellis jeans (not really designer but nice looking, non-skinny jeans) from Ross' for $25 each. How much do jeans cost at Wal-Mart? 10-15? An extra 10 bucks for something that you'll use on a weekly basis for years, is NOT A BIG DEAL.

Yeah, you can actually find some nice clothes at Ross for really cheap. It's kinda hit or miss what's there at times though.

Pretty much, but the thing is that despite however much I make, I don't even buy that many clothes. The last time I went "shopping" for clothes was in June. I find it funny that all these crusaders of manliness think it's perfectly manly to judge other guys based on clothes.

Haters gonna hate.

Understood. I'm wearing nice clothes today. The sweater is from J Crew and I've had it for at least 5-6 years. The jeans are from Banana Republic and I've had them for 2 years. I have no clue what I spent on them, so I don't know why others would care.

Not to mention, they usually last much, much longer.

I buy shirts and stuff there and it is a good deal but still get my levi's at JCPenney - $35 +-. I guess I never understood the need for designer jeans, what's wrong with the original? How are they so different other than as a status symbol (the use of which I do consider unmanly)? Serious question with no judgment attached.

When I put on the pair of nice jeans my wife bought me, they were much more comfortable. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you're looking for. However, what is ever the difference between clothes? I mean, on some level we all wear a certain caliber because of how it looks and the impression we want to give people. If not, everyone would spend the bare minimum on everything. In fact, you'd be paying half of what you pay at a place like Target or Walmart if it truly didn't matter, right?

I buy shirts and stuff there and it is a good deal but still get my levi's at JCPenney - $35 +-. I guess I never understood the need for designer jeans, what's wrong with the original? How are they so different other than as a status symbol (the use of which I do consider unmanly)?

I was told by a male friend last night from NOVA that guys wearing designer jeans in cities and NOVA that it is basically a status symbol and for the most part, guys think the jeans make them look better. He also told me he owns a pair. So, I retract my previous statement in this thread: I have one male friend who owns a designer pair of jeans.

I was told by a male friend last night from NOVA that guys wearing designer jeans in cities and NOVA that it is basically a status symbol and for the most part, guys think the jeans make them look better.

I see I'm not alone in my perspective. What do liberal women think though? :movefast: /jk

When I put on the pair of nice jeans my wife bought me, they were much more comfortable. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you're looking for. However, what is ever the difference between clothes? I mean, on some level we all wear a certain caliber because of how it looks and the impression we want to give people. If not, everyone would spend the bare minimum on everything. In fact, you'd be paying half of what you pay at a place like Target or Walmart if it truly didn't matter, right?

I can understand that, but when is the last time you tried on a pair of levi's? Are they really less comfortable? I guess I should try on a pair of the fancy ones next time I'm at Ross just so I can say I did.

I've tried the cheaper off name brands and they have issue like bad stitching and I never can use a zipper down there without a little trepidation. Button fly 501's are well made, comfortable and last a long time.

This thread reads like a conversation between men and women about how women spend too much time and money obsessing about their jeans. The difference being women don't get as over sensitive in their defense whining about how they are being judged or making up the most ridiculous comfort excuses I've ever read. Especially the young guy claiming every pair of jeans he bought he gave away until he discovered the expensive ones. A hilariously bad lie.

Man up gentlemen. If you over spend on jeans, you do it because you can and you want to spare me the sad sack reasoning behind your guilty pleasure.

If you wear skinny jeans... sorry can't help you there.

I can understand that, but when is the last time you tried on a pair of levi's? Are they really less comfortable? I guess I should try on a pair of the fancy ones next time I'm at Ross just so I can say I did.

Yes. I'm not kidding. I was against wearing those types of jeans in the past (more because it wasn't really necessary to spend the money, not because I had an issue with guys wearing nice clothes). However, they REALLY ARE much more comfortable than the other jeans I have (Abercrombie, Banana Republic, etc.).

I've tried the cheaper off name brands and they have issue like bad stitching and I never can use a zipper down there without a little trepidation. Button fly 501's are well made, comfortable and last a long time.

I have a few pair that have lasted a couple years. I've only had this nice pair for one year so far, so I don't know how long they will last.

I buy shirts and stuff there and it is a good deal but still get my levi's at JCPenney - $35 +-. I guess I never understood the need for designer jeans, what's wrong with the original? How are they so different other than as a status symbol (the use of which I do consider unmanly)? Serious question with no judgment attached.

Its the fit, I have had all kinds of jeans and suits... I have had $200.00 suits and $1000.00 suits, you can tell the difference in fit, feel and longevity. I will rather buy two suits for $1700.00 than 8 for that amount, quantity doesn't mean quality! Jeans are jeans, I understand that and I also have tried on many different brands, I find that Diesel Jeans fit me the best and are very comfortable... The draw back is they are $175.00 a pair, but then again they are jeans so you dont need 15 pairs, I have two pairs and they are going to last me 10 years! Some folks in here are implying that because All people that wear designer clothing are status whores or Status Symbol.. But Symbol of what? The house we live in that are gigantic is not a symbol? Cars we drive are not a symbol? What we eat and where we eat is not a symbol? Its part of life, some people rather to have the nicer things in life, that is why sometimes you pay more for them. If you can afford it then its all good, if you have to go in debt for it then your priorities are wrong but then again its my place to judge.

That picture above is disturbing... WTF is that lol

well... I generally agree about the status symbol thing

in other animals, looking ridiculous is a sign of "hey look how crazy I look, and I'm still alive therefore I must be exta-awesome"

in humans it's more like "hey, I know clothes don't mean much, and they don't, but I can get all the **** done that you can and more, and still have extra resources to look fancy"

I don't like the idea of sacrificing utility, but there's a reason people spend money on nice interview suits... this sort of stuff works on a subconscious level,

well... I generally agree about the status symbol thing

I don't like the idea of sacrificing utility, but there's a reason people spend money on nice interview suits... this sort of stuff works on a subconscious level,

If this thread had been started about expensive suits, I would never have been a total smart ass to start off with. I actually agree with buying nice business clothing. I even agree with females buying designer stuff like jeans, they actually do fit better on the female body IMO...that's why I have about 10 pair. And Louis Vuitton purses and briefcases last forever...that's what I tell my husband at least :D

It's the whole fad of guys wearing designer jeans. It's hilarious to me.

People seem to be over-thinking this to me.

What is fundamentally wrong with wanting and getting nice things if you're living within your means to do so? People spend all sorts of money on nice houses, cars, furniture, computers, TVs, etc. not for other people to notice but to personally enjoy. What's the issue with that?

It's the JEANS, dude!!

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with buying nice things if it's within your means, IMO. My husband and I disagree on this. But we definitely agree on the male designer jean hot-button issue :ols:

People seem to be over-thinking this to me.

What is fundamentally wrong with wanting and getting nice things if you're living within your means to do so? People spend all sorts of money on nice houses, cars, furniture, computers, TVs, etc. not for other people to notice but to personally enjoy. What's the issue with that?

This pretty much sums it up. I'm sure if we could look into everyone's expenditures we would all find something to scratch our heads about and say "your spending that on what??".

This pretty much sums it up. I'm sure if we could look into everyone's expenditures we would all find something to scratch our heads about and say "your spending that on what??".

I am in Mortgage Banking, trust me I have seen people spend money on things that make the designer jeans conversation a better option of spending your money on on a daily basis!

It's the JEANS, dude!!

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with buying nice things if it's within your means, IMO. My husband and I disagree on this. But we definitely agree on the male designer jean hot-button issue :ols:

Fair enough...I addressed you a couple pages back about your husband since you were playing the man card earlier. I never understood that point of view. If you have a second, feel free to reply. If not, no worries, it's almost time for my eyebrow wax anyway.

Fair enough...I addressed you a couple pages back about your husband since you were playing the man card earlier. I never understood that point of view. If you have a second, feel free to reply. If not, no worries, it's almost time for my eyebrow wax anyway.

You wax your eyebrows? I shave mine...among other places :silly::ols:

Archived