Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 hours ago, spjunkies said:

This is some bull****.  I want the person within the organization pushing for these changes indentified.  They need to personally be made to understand how Wizards fans (all 12 of us) feel about this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

So, who decides this NBC Sports DC or the Wizards? 

NBC Sports washington 

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Well, folks were bent outta shape over Phil getting the boot and that worked out ok.  Kara made people get over it almost immediately.  I wouldnt love it if Buck gets dumped, but it's not the end of the world.

has it

Phil was a legend and Kara still hasn't filled his shoes 

Buck is awesome but him being let go is probably best for him. He deserves way better then having to watch this s-show 82 times a year.

Its a shame because Buck and Phil are/were legends. Even more reason to not watch this team(not that we needed it).

• Like 2

he has too much class to do it, but I would pay high dollars to hear Buck unload the clip the Ernie

Kara is great at what she does, absolutely nothing against her quality, but she is lacking the internal passion that Buck & Phil had. It was personal for them in a way it just can't be for Kara. We are a **** franchise, the very least you can do is give us people that feel our pain.

the few times I do check in on the games nowadays, its just to make sure they haven't completely broken Buck. Its like they want people to go away.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

NBC Sports washington 

NBC Sports Washington and Monumental are essentially one and the same at this point. It's Zach and Ted doing this. Firing Buckhantz will be the last straw for me with this team.

Edited by skinswillwin06

I think we might be taking this a bit too personal... Buck is my dude. I remember him on Channel 5. Personally speaking, he's probably my favorite local sports broadcaster ever, probably narrowly beating out Chick... 

I just think they want to go in a different direction though. They're not firing him I believe, I think his contract is just expiring.

If y'all wanna keep on crushing Ted though, please don't let this stop you. Seriously, as good as he's been with the Caps, it's been the opposite with the Wizards.

• Like 1

100% honest, I have always thought Mel Proctor was better than Buckhantz.... at the same time Buck has grown into his own with play-by-play plus time with Phil... and we forgot about Mel.

I haven't religiously watched them in 15+ years...

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

100% honest, I have always thought Mel Proctor was better than Buckhantz.... at the same time Buck has grown into his own with play-by-play plus time with Phil... and we forgot about Mel.

That's what I think.  Get a good person, people will huff and puff but will get over it.

If they get a tool like when they shafted Frank Herzog for Larry Michael, folks might never accept the new person. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Somewhat off topic....nice win last night.  😊

I actually came in here to ask y'all if y'all think they can go on a run to make the playoffs... But the Buck talk got to me because people were complaining about it all evening. lol

Personally, I wouldn't mind losing out, but if I get to see these bums play an extra four or five games this year, it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world.

They are what their record says they are. It's possible they could pull out a winning streak and I like reading that the team seems focussed on the playoffs. However, they haven't won the games they needed to the whole season.

It is a different team with Portis, Parker and Brown getting minutes...

• Like 1