Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Prolly more points in 1 game than Otto's past 4...

amazing what you can do when you actually shoot the ball. Otto had one elite skill, which was declining this season, and he neutered himself by not putting up shots.

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m only an occasional checker-inner when it comes to the NBA but I remember that. Wall, Crawford and Blatche, right?

yes sir it was. he was so damn proud of that post too

Thank God we got out of Otto's contract, definitely not a max player.

Hoepfully Portis and Parker do well the rest of the time here. Parker only shot 6 times at a 50% clip and almost had a triple double. Between him and Portis, a decent chunk of scoring can be taken off the shoulders of Beal

It's amazing how advanced stats can tell you why Otto is so good, but yet why Bobby Portis is so bad (defensively.) 

EYE TEST alone, I love what Bobby brings to the table more than Otto.  That's all I'll say for now, but you put Bobby's motor in Otto, and you're probably looking at a less athletic Paul George. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

It's amazing how advanced stats can tell you why Otto is so good, but yet why Bobby Portis is so bad (defensively.) 

EYE TEST alone, I love what Bobby brings to the table more than Otto.  That's all I'll say for now, but you put Bobby's motor in Otto, and you're probably looking at a less athletic Paul George. 

half the fun with Portis is that you know you're never too far from seeing him choke somebody on the court.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

half the fun with Portis is that you know you're never too far from seeing him choke somebody on the court.

If we could live with Antawn Jamison being swiss cheese defensively, we can do the same w/ Portis.  Not too sad to see Otto go, but I think BP is REALLY going to workout for the team.  Has the potential to average 20/9.

13 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Both Parker/Portis gonna be here long term. 

If they play like they have in their first two games, I’m happy to have them.  Good aggressive athletic forwards is something the Wizards definitely needed.  Parker’s ability to create has been fun to watch.

defense is still bad though.  Real bad. 

• Like 2

If we had a middle of the pack defense we would definitely be in the playoffs right now. 

I hate it, they have a lot of length but over the last 5 years the Wizards seem to be the only team that don't understand picks.... Its always double the guy with the ball and leave the picker wide open on the 3.

Love Beal, there really is no argument, he is a better player than Wall.

I guess the most important question is, what are fair but realistic deals that keep Parker and Portis here beyond this season?

I mean I'd take Parker over Otto all things equal.

Parker is just as efficient, better handler and playmaker, oh and he isn't soft. Porter is soft there is not questions about that. Otto is 6-8 and 203... Parker is 6-8 and 245.

Otto's contract was terrible. Hell Parker is even Younger

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I mean I'd take Parker over Otto all things equal.

Parker is just as efficient, better handler and playmaker, oh and he isn't soft. Porter is soft there is not questions about that. Otto is 6-8 and 203... Parker is 6-8 and 245.

Otto's contract was terrible. Hell Parker is even Younger

Despite my previous post, I agree with this on all points.

Worried about Parker's knees though.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

they gonna play just well enough to secure the bag for Grunfeld

the cycle continues 

As I understand it, they're up for free agency after this year, right?  So they're gonna do their best to ball out, put up some good tape and try to cash in this summer.  I can't blame anyone for that.

But yeah, that means that the Wiz could snag an 8 seed and say they made the playoffs, Ernie looks good for shaving off the Porter contract and steering the team into the playoffs without Wall.