Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wall's injury changed everything, I saw an interview of Beal while he was sitting in the Bucks stadium today, he's shook.  All the sudden the possibility of him being the only star here and Wizards getting desperate to keep him becomes very real.  I'd be fine with getting rid of everyone in that building except Wall and Beal at this point, trading Otto shows Ted isn't stuck that trio, is he stuck to the coach or GM now?

Beal probably would like to be moved as well. Otherwise he's on a very bad team for years to come. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Beal probably would like to be moved as well. Otherwise he's on a very bad team for years to come. 

It's why I'm hoping someone comes behind and verifies that these are essentially "expiring" contracts we just traded Otto for.  

So much of us being screwed was two of our three max players being injured and the other basically useless.  The useless one is gone, we really don't know what we have left in Wall (I'd be shocked if he makes another All-Star game, but at this rate he is coming back).

Wouldn't Beal make more coming back then if he left?  Maybe we should pump breaks on this franchise being doomed for foreseable future.  I mean, I seriously thought there was no way to get Otto out of here despite how bad I wanted it, and today that destined fact that changed.

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the really scored 50pts in the first damn quarter

I was doing homework, I thought it was halftime

• Haha 1

Just now, CrypticVillain said:

I forgot we were even playing today, I wanted to hear Doris Burke call our game... Not anymore. 

i haven't watched a game in a month, have not missed it at all. and that depresses me. even when we were terrible in the past, I still had passion to watch.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I forgot we were even playing today, I wanted to hear Doris Burke call our game... Not anymore. 

I have too much of a crush on her for her truth bullets to change that.  : )

Ian contract expires after next season... dude, Ernie is coming back, ya'll.  It's like someone threw a cat out the window at the stadium and it still landed on its feet like nothing happened.

Meow.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

the bucks are so damn well coached, everything is open and predicated on movement

Giannis is an eraser for when **** goes left, but the discipline from the rest of the squad is something to admire.

Agreed, it's like if that #1 Seed Atlanta team had a superstar instead of just maxing out what they had.

I hate the Otto trade.  It was a ****ty, cost-saving move that returned no significant long term value.

But what the **** ever.  Who really gives a **** about this team any more?

Good for Otto.  He gets to get the Hell out of this dump.  I wish him well and I hope he flourishes in Chicago in a way he never could have here.

You all can go on thinking this is a good move. But Otto was out of position the entire year without a center for the majority of his time on the court, while also playing in an offense devoid of ball movement outside of the drive and kick, and no presence of coaching acumen. He could start almost anywhere, and we gave him away for nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

We went into the season with two great starting options at the 3, and one hard choice to make. Then we drafted a tweener and got rid of both options for nothing and will be going into next season with a gaping hole at the 3. I hate this organization in all facets.  

The only way Ernie's allowed to make this move is if his future is safe.  Ted is on board with him deconstructing the roster.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The only way Ernie's allowed to make this move is if his future is safe.  Ted is on board with him deconstructing the roster.

But there is still no plan. We now have no one at the 1, 3, 4, and 5 positions starting next year, and get no picks to even try to fill those holes. It’s a horrible trade.