Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Money doesnt secure emotional wellbeing. His mom is clearly important to his life and he doesnt have the "distraction" that basketball can present

There is this "comes with the territory " regarding NBA players that I don't want to inflate or deligitaize. 

But as someone that's watched pretty much his entire professional career I can't help but feel between this and jus having his first kid this would be the worst possible time for multiple road trips.

Look forward to whatever man we see come out the other end of this whenever he does play again and wish him the best.  Far easier for me to turn on this abomination of a franchise then turn on him.

49 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

There is this "comes with the territory " regarding NBA players that I don't want to inflate or deligitaize. 

But as someone that's watched pretty much his entire professional career I can't help but feel between this and jus having his first kid this would be the worst possible time for multiple road trips.

Basketball would seem like an life impediment, rather than, a distraction in that scenario.  For me, anyway.  Two of the people I love most in the world, and I gotta catch a plane and be gone for a week.

But I guess he wasnt going anywhere for at least the next 6-9 months before this happened.

Edited by justice98

30 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Basketball would seem like an life impediment, rather than, a distraction in that scenario.  For me, anyway.  Two of the people I love most in the world, and I gotta catch a plane and be gone for a week.

But I guess he wasnt going anywhere for at least the next 6-9 months before this happened.

Firm believer that sometimes bad things happen for a reason, and that would include preventing something worse from happening in the future.

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Otto traded to CHI for Bobby Portis and Jabari Parker. WOW

Both are FAs after this year, so a lot of $ coming off the books.

Ernie wins a trade for the first time in a decade. Are we sure he didn’t send an unprotected first?

Edited by No Excuses
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Otto Porter to the Bulls for Bobby Portis and Jabrari Parker. 

Ernie strikes again. Sixers give up two 1sts and 2nds for Harris! We get Portis and a dude with talent and spaghetti knees????

Otto sucks. Be happy his contract is off the books. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yay.  I really want to love Porter cuz he's a Hoya and I've seen him ball out before.  Just didn't seem to have it this year for whatever reason, perhaps too much pressure.  He simply wasn't worth his contract.  Hopefully a change of scenery helps him.  I'm not gonna pretend I've seen Parker or Portis play in the NBA, but hopefully they can excel and help us this year.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

I heard Ted say they weren’t trading Otto, Wall, or Beal on the radio.  Wall’s injury must have shaken things up... or they got a better offer than they expected.  Front court is probably better and deeper offensively now.  Not sure how much worse the defense can get.

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the fact that ernie was allowed to make the move pretty much confirms he already received his extension

Maybe not, not with hours before the trade deadline ends.  Getting that contract off our books is huge, we didn't have time to replace Ernie and pull that trade off in time we had between Wall getting hurt again and the trade deadline.

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

I heard Ted say they weren’t trading Otto, Wall, or Beal on the radio.  Wall’s injury must have shaken things up... or they got a better offer than they expected.  Front court is probably better and deeper offensively now.  

Wall's injury changed everything, I saw an interview of Beal while he was sitting in the Bucks stadium today, he's shook.  All the sudden the possibility of him being the only star here and Wizards getting desperate to keep him becomes very real.  I'd be fine with getting rid of everyone in that building except Wall and Beal at this point, trading Otto shows Ted isn't stuck that trio, is he stuck to the coach or GM now?

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

Not sure how much worse the defense can get.

Never ever say that. 

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

that savings is probably gonna go to Sato & Bryant

hope Bryant improves on defense if he wants real money. He's kinda unplayable in a lot of matchups right now

Am I reading Spotrac correctly in that Portis and Parker's contracts would have no dead cap money next year if they are cut after this season is over?  Did we literally just get that max contract off the books just like that?  I need to know so I know what type of celebration I'm looking at here: subdued or outlandish.