Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

With the Detroit bigs backing us down possession after possession, how ****ing disastrous does the Mahinmi contract look?  The dude could not get on the floor for one minute!  

I hate you EGGM!

Honestly, I doubt Dwight Howard (or Marcin Gortat, for that matter) could stop them either.  😐

Ted's goalposts for the unkillable

Before season: 50 wins, absolutely no excuses

During season: well, injuries happened. just make the playoffs (not gonna happen)

Unspoken: just get under the damn tax 

He gonna live again, which means i will never be able to actually enjoy this team

Edited by StillUnknown

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

We would have to force him at gunpoint to take 20 shots

4 straight years of improvement across the board, and 3 straight years at the tops of efficiency. And this year Scott gives us the iso-ball special, while playing Otto most of his minutes at the 4. ( and Jeff green to help out inside at the 5). This is not unexpected. 

We should have traded brad for a lottery pick if possible, kept Otto and Sato and tanked the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

at one point in the 3rd quarter of this game, the Wizards were beating Toronto by 12, they are now down 12 still in the 3rd quarter

When you don’t play defense, expect wild swings on the scoreboard.  The wizards have no problem scoring but they’ve gotten worse defensively every year Brooks has been head coach.  I don’t even complain about it too much anymore because it’s just expected.  Watch the first 6 or 8 points the raptors scored tonight, that’s the wizards defense in a nutshell.  All dunks and layups because the wizards were sleeping or lost on defense. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Destino said:

All dunks and layups because the wizards were sleeping or lost on defense. 

This is why i've been slow to get hyped about Bryant. He has a long way to be competent on defense. He offers almost nothing in rim protection and he doesnt really seem to understand pick and roll defense. You see ariza talking to him often when things go bad. He's young, so there is hope for improvement, but the work needed is immense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

This is why i've been slow to get hyped about Bryant. He has a long way to be competent on defense. He offers almost nothing in rim protection and he doesnt really seem to understand pick and roll defense. You see ariza talking to him often when things go bad. He's young, so there is hope for improvement, but the work needed is immense.

I agree Bryant’s defense has been bad, both on ball and help defense, but I’d like to see him with a better coaching staff.  The wizards have struggled with the team part of nba defense for years now.  Coaching is almost certainly part of the problem here.

• Bradley Beal said he wants to retire with the Wizards.

After it was announced that John Wall would be sidelined for 12 months, and the Wizards then traded away Otto Porter and Markieff Morris, there were rumors that Beal would also be put on the block. However, Beal would prefer to stay in D.C. "If I can retire in this jersey, I will. I’m all about loyalty," Beal said.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Feb 16, 2019, 12:38 PM
On 2/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

Also in Chicago he is I'm assuming the go to scorer so he'll be able to take as many shots as he wants. He was too deferential here.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

Porter is a good player, but we had to get rid of the contract. Simple as that.

Also in Chicago he is I'm assuming the go to scorer so he'll be able to take as many shots as he wants. He was too deferential here.

The Wizards got hosed.  The GM is an absolute moron, the ownership sucks, and that was a god awful trade.  It's Rip Hamilton part deux and Chicago is a Ja Morant pick away from being significantly better than the Wizards in a year or two.

As long as still have Beal and Wall, everyone else in that organization can kick rocks on broken glass on the way out the door.  I'd rather a new regime have something to work with instead of starting from scratch, Id rather Ernie have something to work with if he gets another 9 lives.