Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Hes gonna go to another team and cut all over the place and we will see its bull**** and our weak ass coaches just could get him to do it. 

He's done nothing but prop this team up for nine years and be a good soldier about it the entire time.  Seeing him get slandered like this is disgraceful.  But not unexpected.  This is what we do when it's time for Ernie to try and save his job again.

If he gets scapegoated and shunted out of here so that the rats can keep their places, I hope that, when the team comes sniveling back to him in ten years with all of that #DCFamily bull**** and asking to hang his jersey in the rafters he tells them to go **** themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

You mean the guy who just won a Stanley Cup? I think some of us have to get our realities straight. Dan Snyder pre 2014 was a terrible sports owner. Ted Leonsis is literally as hands off as can be. 

im sorry, did you not see the movie Weekend at Bernie's?

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's done nothing but prop this team up for nine years and be a good soldier about it the entire time.  Seeing him get slandered like this is disgraceful.  But not unexpected.  This is what we do when it's time for Ernie to try and save his job again.

If he gets scapegoated and shunted out of here so that the rats can keep their places, I hope that, when the team comes sniveling back to him in ten years with all of that #DCFamily bull**** and asking to hang his jersey in the rafters he tells them to go **** themselves.

What I dont get and maybe you can explain to me is how him playing off ball ala curry better than him being ball dominate ala Harden of HE is better at being ball dominate and HE is far and away the best talent on the squad. 

I get what they want. But if that's not his skillset then why force him to do it instead of making what he does - which isnt selfish at all for real - better. 

Dude is gonna have more assists than most players in history and they are trying to tell me hes selfish. 

I mean I get he has an attitude problem and not a leader. But dude balls. You can win with him. 

Ted doesn't give a crap about the Wizards.  Maybe Laurene Powell Jobs can get him to finally fire Ernie.  We should focus on persuading her to get it done.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Dude is gonna have more assists than most players in history and they are trying to tell me hes selfish.  

It's firing time and you don't have to outrun the bear, just your friend.  Fingers get pointed and scapegoats are needed and everyone performs only to save themselves, not win.  All you can do is undermine and blame somebody else in the situation.  This is what toxic organizational culture looks like.  Exact same **** happens with the Redskins whenever things go wrong.

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What I dont get and maybe you can explain to me is how him playing off ball ala curry better than him being ball dominate ala Harden of HE is better at being ball dominate and HE is far and away the best talent on the squad. 

I get what they want. But if that's not his skillset then why force him to do it instead of making what he does - which isnt selfish at all for real - better. 

I mean I get he has an attitude problem and not a leader. But dude balls. You can win with him. 

Because it is generally harder to guard movement then stationary players and when you have a ball dominant player, too often you end up with more stationary players than movement.

Also, just in general, for many people, the more they touch the ball, the better they play.  Most people will tell you they'd like to touch the ball every possession if possible.

Take an extreme situation where you have a player that either shots or passes to somebody else that then shoots, and the player passes every other possession.  That person might rake up a lot of assist (depending on how open the people that he passes to are open, and how often they make their shots).  If we assume that the passes are being distributed to the other players equally, then if you aren't the ball handler, you are touching the ball on average every 8 possessions.

I hate playing ball dominant players for the most part.  You don't touch the ball for a couple of possessions in a row, and then when they do pass you the ball, and you miss the shot, they look at you like there's something wrong with you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skinsfan834 said:

What is incredible about all of this is that Ted played out this exact situation with the Capitals and GMGM, who had a much, MUCH better track record than Ernie. You figure this guy would see what happened with the Capitals and try to duplicate success. 

This might be the strangest part of the entire fiasco. I was extremely skeptical when Ted hired GMBM but it turned into a Cup. I thought Ted would realize this and go the same route with the Wiz. It's an odd disconnect. 

9 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

It's funny consider Ted only bought Caps because that's the only way Abe will sell him the Bullets.

Ted always been a basketball guy.

Exactly. People do not know this but he loves bball. He just got lucky with the Caps.

And I dont think Beal and Wall dislike each other. I think the leaks are coming from someone like Austin Rivers.

• Like 1

Right. With both teams he managed to get the top overall pick. One being when the team was sold to him, and the other after a few years of him running it.

is he the WORST owner? No.

Is he a top tier owner? No.

Also, two AFL teams? WTF is that?

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He was a restricted free agent.  We would have matched any offer sheet he signed.  The only way he could have gotten out of here earlier would be to turn down the max extension and sign a qualifying offer.

You don't turn down a rookie max extension.  It has literally never been done before.

Ah, gotcha.  Not as well versed in NBA contracts/dealings as MLB and NFL.  

It sounds like this is unraveling day by day in front of us.  And they have a game tonight, this could go off the rails, quick.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ah, gotcha.  Not as well versed in NBA contracts/dealings as MLB and NFL.  

It sounds like this is unraveling day by day in front of us.  And they have a game tonight, this could go off the rails, quick.

They will win three straight and McQueen will start making Wall's MVP case.

We've been here before.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

is he the WORST owner? No.

He’s not even the worst owner in this town.

edit: I would totally get behind Rick Moranis as GM / President / Coach / starting C for this team.

☝️ Actual Rick Moranis. First onscreen appearance since 1997.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Bomani Jones & Pablo Torre first two national heads I've seen asking why Grunfeld still has a job

I believe it, recent? Got a vid? Love to see their take on this.  Someone has to be looking at Beal calling out Ernie about culture of the team and be thinking "ya, this isn't exactly the san antonio spurs we are talking about here".

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I believe it, recent? Got a vid? Love to see their take on this.  Someone has to be looking at Beal calling out Ernie about culture of the team and be thinking "ya, this isn't exactly the san antonio spurs we are talking about here".

it was from their show today.

basic gist was everything we've been talking about in this thread. Bomani particularly spoke about how the organization has not won 50 games in his lifetime and Grunfeld has been there almost as long. Hit him on the culture of the team being effed up dating back to Agent 0 days, yet Grunfeld is still employed. Bomani also said the initial the report of Wall cursing at brooks was put out purposely to make Wall look bad after you read the context provided by Buckner's story.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

it was from their show today.

Very encouraging, my hope is more people start talking about this before Ernie can trade Beal.  Think if national media starts to pin him to the ground, then Ted would have no choice.  No doubt in my mind that crap about Wall was intentionally leaked as well, its disgusting, and do believe there is some truth to national media not wanting to turn on Ernie because he's a source for so many beat writers.  It's like a deal with the devil, is it worth it at our entire franchises expense?  I almost don't even know why I'm asking that, the answer is clear.