Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Because it is generally harder to guard movement then stationary players and when you have a ball dominant player, too often you end up with more stationary players than movement.

Also, just in general, for many people, the more they touch the ball, the better they play.  Most people will tell you they'd like to touch the ball every possession if possible.

Take an extreme situation where you have a player that either shots or passes to somebody else that then shoots, and the player passes every other possession.  That person might rake up a lot of assist (depending on how open the people that he passes to are open, and how often they make their shots).  If we assume that the passes are being distributed to the other players equally, then if you aren't the ball handler, you are touching the ball on average every 8 possessions.

I hate playing ball dominant players for the most part.  You don't touch the ball for a couple of possessions in a row, and then when they do pass you the ball, and you miss the shot, they look at you like there's something wrong with you.

I guess that's what I was asking for but you didnt have to son me so hard lls. 

So lemme ask you, what do you do with Wall if you cant get him to be less ball dominate? Hes obviously not good enough to do it and raise the play of his team past whatever negative effect his attitude has enough to win a chip. So what's your next move if you were in our shoes. 

Also I'm very curious if you guys think that you can build a squad to win with a super ball dominate player like Wall. Cause to me it sounds like you dont think you can. 

This team is dead in the water.  It’s awkward watching them play when it’s clear they don’t want to.  Things will get worse after they trade Beal, which they will because he is the only player other teams want.

Unless the Wizards get rid of Ernie, Brooks, and Wall the locker room will stay bad.  All three of them are stained by this mess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

This team is dead in the water.  It’s awkward watching them play when it’s clear they don’t want to.  Things will get worse after they trade Beal, which they will because he is the only player other teams want.

Unless the Wizards get rid of Ernie, Brooks, and Wall the locker room will stay bad.  All three of them are stained by this mess.

Wait, what?  You think Wall is unsalvageable at this point?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, what?  You think Wall is unsalvageable at this point?

Something came to my mind while reading that, in grand scheme of things, Gortats comments last year have a lot more context maybe....  I was so pissed he said that last year, but now maybe there was something to it.