Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Again, Otto stumbles coming off the screen then immediately cuts across the lane to the other corner to get out of Beal's way.  He's hiding on offense.

That **** reminds me of Vesely.

There's no Whittless here to explain the neutering, Brooks has even said he needs to be more aggressive. He has the 3rd max contract but he doesn't want to play like the third star.

Edited by Renegade7

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How often do you watch him and do you watch him in the playoffs?  Dude averages between 26 and 27 ppg his last two playoff series, dude absolutely goes off, so instead of predicting he'll have cement shoes and doesn't want to play in an NBA offense, we should give him an NBA offense and acknowledge he's still one of if not the best passing PG in the NBA.  His passing has nothing to do with his speed, so you cross that "off the deep end bridge" when you get there.  Hero ball, you must be looking at the wrong jersey, that's Beal all day, and that's because Brooks won't ask anyone else to do it, we saw that last year, we were begging him to call plays for Otto to help clinch games and they wouldn't do it.

I've been watching the Wiz play since the Ike Austin/Tracy Murray days....I fully agree that Grunfeld/Brooks are huge problems, but I'm all for blowing this up. I'd rather have Beal than Wall. No one wants to come here and play with Wall. I remember back when we had a couple of years with some legit stars available in FA and he said he wouldn't campaign to bring anyone here. That was eye opening to me. 

Yes, he can pass....but what good is that when no one respects his jump shot? They stand 3 feet away from him begging him to shoot. This team went on a crazy run last year with Beal/Sato running the show. How can Sato run the offense and 'everyone eats', but Wall can't get the same production?

This is why the Clippers are doomed.  No one to step up and settle their offense down when the games get tight in crunch time.  You've got Montrezl Harrell trying to handle the ball on PnRs on a critical possession.

They are a team full of players that everyone else would want but zero foundation pieces.  The clock is eventually going to strike midnight on that group and they'll turn back into a pumpkin.

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Don’t do that to yourself man.  

LIfetime contract extension... Coming up next!

This team has no idea how to bottom out. They're like the drug addict that can maintain and function but have low quality of life. They just need to OD and have a realization that a life change needs to be made.

We're like Bubbles from The Wire of the NBA.

Edited by CRobi21

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Yes, he can pass....but what good is that when no one respects his jump shot? They stand 3 feet away from him begging him to shoot. This team went on a crazy run last year with Beal/Sato running the show. How can Sato run the offense and 'everyone eats', but Wall can't get the same production?

You lost me here, we had that discussion last year.  I get you've been watching for a while, I've been said we shoulda combined the best of "everybody eats" with what Wall does best and instead we went to just give Wall the ball.  We aren't asking him to do anything differently, I'm not shocked by the results. 

Think I remember the year he said that (what offseason was that), but also remember him wanting to reach out to Durant before Ernie ruined it.  Him calling out the Front Office for getting young big men meant a lot to me, has anyone actually said they don't want to play with him or no one wants to join this **** show franchise with a poor coach and GM?  I can't sign off on saying he doesn't want to share the ball, he does that all the time, he's the PG.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Otto may hide like Snoopy, but he finds big rebounds better than any wizard. 

If Otto could just play defense and rebound and do all of his scoring in the first half, he would be perfectly happy.  That's what he likes.  He does not want to carry the scoring load when it matters.