Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 hours ago, SKiNz Jus 2 sick said:

Hey guys I was about to start a new thread

But I figured I would post it here and see if anyone could help me out

I'm currently writing a paper on the history of the Wizards logo and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get info on how to find who designed the different logos of the Wizards/Bullets ect

No one designed the Wizards logo. 'Twas born of blood and tears in the pits of mordor.

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, SKiNz Jus 2 sick said:

Hey guys I was about to start a new thread

But I figured I would post it here and see if anyone could help me out

I'm currently writing a paper on the history of the Wizards logo and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get info on how to find who designed the different logos of the Wizards/Bullets ect

I'd reach out to anyone with "Marketing" in their headline under "Business Operations". This page below links to their emails. You could also try via linkedin, or by tweeting/DMing the Wizards or Monumental Sports social media accounts, as the people that run those are the same guys.

https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizardsdirectoryhtml

Edited by LLandryistheshiz
  • Like 1

Just a thought. This is year 7 of Beal and Wall playing together. Even if they were best buddies (which seems to have never been the case), that's an awfully long time to be co-alphas with a guy and have basically nothing to show for it. We're seeing the Warriors start to chafe a bit, and those guys are professionals with piles of trophies.

My own theory is that bring Dwight Howard into any room makes that locker room immediately 25 percent more awful.

Now imagine the first time Wall laughed with Dwight over that whoopie cushion he left in Beal's locker.

It may be necessary to break this up just on the "bad roommate" theory.

1. GTFO with the D12 theory. This dude played half the games this year, has looked like about the best guy on the court when he did play, and has absolutely nothing to do with the reason for our perpetual suck.

2. If ANY of max level players, draft picks, or quality talent gets traded prior to the dismissal of Ernie Grunfield and Scott Brooks.. Im renouncing my fandom. There is no point in continuing to support this organization if they inexplicably go on with this charade.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah if Ernie isn't gone before the trades happen, I'm done.  Nobody needs to be invested in something with this level of don't-give-a-****.

We know two things.

Ted follows on twitter

Ted also has no problem lying to fans on twitter (Uniform questions for example).

Here's getting hammered as usual

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%40TedLeonsis &src=typd

But will he finally do anything? Doubt it.

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Just a thought. This is year 7 of Beal and Wall playing together. Even if they were best buddies (which seems to have never been the case), that's an awfully long time to be co-alphas with a guy and have basically nothing to show for it. We're seeing the Warriors start to chafe a bit, and those guys are professionals with piles of trophies.

My own theory is that bring Dwight Howard into any room makes that locker room immediately 25 percent more awful.

Now imagine the first time Wall laughed with Dwight over that whoopie cushion he left in Beal's locker.

It may be necessary to break this up just on the "bad roommate" theory.

In all fairness, this team looks like its still hung over from how halfassed they were playing last year.  I don't think Dwight made it worse and didn't expect him to help.  This team has turned on its coach, they took the play board away from him a couple games ago, Beal did that.

Let me make this clear:  if we trade Wall, I will not watch another Wizards game until Ernie is gone.  If he can't figure out how to get the most out of this roster, which is the best he's had since he's been here, he never will.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah if Ernie isn't gone before the trades happen, I'm done.  Nobody needs to be invested in something with this level of don't-give-a-****.

Right there with you.  I won't support a franchise that not only rewards mediocrity, but tries to hide that they are okay with that via secret extensions.  It's like stupid watergate for basketball.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I see no point in trading Wall/Beal if Grunfeld is leading ANOTHER rebuild. If I'm Ted I fire Ernie NOW and then begin the search for a new GM. No need to wait until the off season. This ship is sunk. 

Yeah the new GM needs to be given the chance to evaluate what we have before the offseason begins.  Months before the trade deadline would be even better.

Fire Grunfeld and hire Sam Hinkie.

Edited by stevemcqueen1