Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I posted in this thread a while back that my #1 goal for this team in 2018-19 was to BEAT THE TEAMS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BEAT. Brooklyn has nobody that should be a threat to the Wizards' talent, bad coaching or not.

They're a joke. They don't deserve the attention that we give them. Ridiculous and disgraceful top to bottom.

• Like 2

Wizards starters didn’t compete tonight.  Other than Howard, anyway.  Dwight had some fight to him tonight, but the rest of the starters just showed up to collect a check.  Wall and Beal spent more energy complaining about calls than playing.  Otto took a bunch of shots early, missed most, then mentally checked out.  Morris played like he was hung over, and let Jared Dudley shut him down.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont feel like trying to defend anything they did, are doing, or could do when they give zero ****s like that.  I feel sick, I didnt want to let any team ro that to me except the skins.

I know what sign I'm going to bring to my first home game this year now.

It's just embarrassing to finally have this much talent (running 9-10 deep) only for it all to collapse. From coach to bench they know darn well that discipline and consistent effort are what they need and they just refuse (for a couple seasons running) to change the things that prevent them from being a real threat in the post season... or even making the post season.

Brad is the only guy I genuinely believe when he talks the talk. I don't get a ring of truth from the rest of the players when they blow hot air about defense and consistent offensive execution.

I don't know. I'm angry. I had big hopes for the Wiz because of the free agent moves and the training camp talk. ?

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

it would better if he had an actual plan tonight. he's just barreling into folks tonight and hoping for the call, he never plays well when he gets in that zone

Yeah... I was just about comment on how the whole team looks so dead right now.

I turned the game on when I made that post about us winning by 7. Bruh, this team has looked so trash. They're too talented to be looking like this. I don't think this is a Brooks issue. This roster just looks like a bunch of nice pieces with no direction.

(I never posted this last night. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

They're too talented to be looking like this. I don't think this is a Brooks issue. This roster just looks like a bunch of nice pieces with no direction.

(I never posted this last night. ??‍♂️

I keep going back to this thought too. I'm not a very smart Xs and Os guy so I can't debate the guys here who say Brooks is a flat-out bad coach. I have to defer to their knowledge but here's my "bottom line" analysis on Scott Brooks:

1. He's coached the team to a deeper playoff run that we've had in the JW era. 

2. There's no way on Earth he's NOT preaching things like hustle, movement off the ball, defense, and not overlooking perceived weaker opponents. 

3. I'm certainly not dubbing him a "great" coach or even a coach who is on a career arc to greatness. He's not a "victim" of bad players here in DC but I also refuse to let the players off the hook by claiming they are a victim of his presence either.

Again- I can't debate his schemes and rotation decisions with you guys who recognize deeper issues than I do but I feel like we can't be playing such a drastically different brand of modern basketball that our problems are the actual game plan. It feels more to me like desire and execution are what's killing us. ?

• Like 1