Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Somehow, amazingly, we're only three games back in the division.

I'm laughing at you guys who think changes are coming.  This team will finish .500 and no one is going anywhere.  Brooks and Ernie will be back next year.

But I'm also glad some of you aren't the GM.  Trading John and Brad and Otto for a bunch of bags of dog ****...

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Somehow, amazingly, we're only three games back in the division.

I'm laughing at you guys who think changes are coming.  This team will finish .500 and no one is going anywhere.  Brooks and Ernie will be back next year.

But I'm also glad some of you aren't the GM.  Trading John and Brad and Otto for a bunch of bags of dog ****...

Wouldn't get rid of John/Brad, but Otto can go somewhere...

Brooks's contract keeps him safe.  Ted is not about to eat 7 million a year on the Wizards.  And even if he did get fired, you can be absolutely sure the Wizards wouldn't spend money to bring in a legit coach like a Budenholzer or Carlisle.  We'd hire some dirt cheap bull**** interim coach who sucks like Randy Wittman again and waste another three years of everyone's careers.  There is no getting out of the Brooks mistake before that contract expires.  That deal was a disaster.

Ted is not going to allow the team to bottom out either by dealing stars.  The roster is too expensive for that to be acceptable.  The only big trades he'll allow will be for lateral moves.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We're stuck.  It'll be almost three more years of this until we can begin fixing our situation.  There is no point in following this team until the Brooks deal is finally over Grunfeld is fired.

Fixed that for you.

If Carmelo Anthony gets waived by the Rockets, should the Wizards consider adding him? Washington has enough drama as it is, but perhaps adding a veteran frontcourt player could help in the way Paul Pierce did. Anthony and Washington head coach Scott Brooks also have ties dating back to their Denver Nuggets days and Anthony grew up in nearby Baltimore -- so what do the Wizards have to lose? -- Spears

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25243455/nba-power-rankings-our-expert-panel-ranks-league-30-teams-ahead-week-5

There's no comp between a pretender like Carmelo and an all time great like Paul Pierce.  

2HYVQi.gif

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he brings absolutely nothing to the table. He still hasn't fully embraced being a bench player and I can't see him accepting playing behind Otto. Brooks seems to hate Otto for whatever reason, but there is not a single thing Melo currently does better than Otto.

He will force bad shots wayyyy better than Otto lol

On 11/11/2018 at 8:30 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

We're stuck.  It'll be almost three more years of this until we can begin fixing our situation.  There is no point in following this team until the Brooks deal is finally over.

Wasn't expecting that, but i get it.  I like basketball and dc has a team, but they are like the redskins in finding new ways to hurt my feelings as a fan like that's their job instead of winning.

55 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

At this point I think you have to consider any move that makes Ernie and Brooks more likely to get fired.

Like trade Wall?  

I'd be fine adding Melo if he's bought out by houston, i don't like way our team is playing at all, but in such a weak conference anything can happen