Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

There’s no rebuild strategy possible without trading Wall.  He can drag a mediocre team out of the lottery, or nearly so, by himself if he decides to play hard.  He’s done it before.  Plus he’s the oldest star on the largest deal.  There’s no rebuilding unless the wizards can unload that contract.  

If the can find a willing trade partner, they should keep Beal and Otto but tank hard for a season.  Find a way to get Beal a lot of time with his new born.  Develop the young players and search for a motion offense coach (like Luke Walton).  Motion would work extremely well with Otto, Beal, and Sato.  Then hope you get lucky in the lottery and get a difference making third potential star.  Beal and Otto are young and good personalities for a rookie to develop with.  

I doubt they'd do it though though because I don’t think Ted wants to torpedo tickets sales and it’s too risky for Ernie.  He’s happy sneaking into the playoffs and arranging scapegoats to keep the blame off himself.  

• Like 1

I don’t know man, there are a lot of teams that have trouble attracting a star.  Worse yet, there are teams that have a star but need to sign another if they hope to keep the star they already have.  Plus, there are a lot of GMs and coaches that don’t have the luxury of thinking too far down the road.  They need to improve to save their jobs today.  I think Wall could be traded.  

Bucks, Pelicans, Timberwolves, and others might bite.  Think of how much easier those bigs lives would be with a point guard that can draw a crowd as easily as Wall.  Think how happy Wall would be with a true star big man to work a two man game with.  

Lets not forget that Wall is really damn good.  He got that contract for a reason.  Without him the Wizards aren’t scaring anyone in the East in the playoffs, and probably dint even make it into the playoffs under Brooks garbage system.  

• Like 1

I just deleted a long rant that somehow led to me bashing Brooks... The rant started with Ernie.

It's not fair for me to criticize the people that he's bringing in, if only becasue they're being brought in by him.

I can feel another rant coming, so I'm going to stop. Just please fire this bum Grunfeld. Sixteen years is enough. 

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wall makes a lot but he's a charismatic star with name recognition. I could see quite a few teams wanting him.

I don't think thats true anymore. fair or not, his rep seems to have taken a hit the last couple of years

people see how the game is moving, its hard to justify to your fanbase trading for & paying astronomical dollars to a ball dominant PG who can't shoot and only plays defense when he wants to

Edited by StillUnknown

Just now, StillUnknown said:

I don't think thats true anymore. fair or not, his rep seems to have taken a hit the last couple of years

people see how the game is moving, its hard to justify to your fanbase trading for & paying astronomical dollars to a ball dominant PG who can't shoot and only plays defense when he wants to

There are enough dumb fans out there and other dumb GMs as well.

Of course we have the dumbest of the bunch so...

The ball is completely still while shooters around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get a good screen to get open, and it never ends in a good shot. I mean it's completely obvious what we're trying to do when we do that. Easy as **** to defend....

No worries. It will all be finally worth it this time..

Edited by CRobi21

5 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

The ball is completely still while shooters around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get a good screen to get open, and it never ends in a good shot. I mean it's completely obvious what we're trying to do when we do that. Easy as **** to defend....

No worries. It will all be finally worth it this time..

Brooks can’t coach movement.  He leVes that part to his players.  His job is to motivate and say cliches when asked anything by the press.