Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Wasn't expecting that, but i get it.  I like basketball and dc has a team, but they are like the redskins in finding new ways to hurt my feelings as a fan like that's their job instead of winning. 

Like trade Wall?  

I'd be fine adding Melo if he's bought out by houston, i don't like way our team is playing at all, but in such a weak conference anything can happen 

The NBA is so different than the NFL.  I never totally lose hope with the Redskins because the league's competitive and dynamic.  With the NBA, you know with 100% certainty when you've got no chance.

You just can't compete in the NBA without good management.

Wall is never getting traded.  This franchise has been totally dedicated to him since day one.  He'll finish his career here and set all of the relevant franchise records.  He'll have his number retired and jersey in the rafters.  And I'm fine with that.  We're not going to compete for championships any time soon, but I've enjoyed watching John's career unfold and will continue to enjoy it.  That's the only reason I'm still watching.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wizards drinking game, take a shot every time Buckhantz tries to crawl further up Jeff Green's ass.

you leave Buck alone around these parts. he's royalty

the man is looking for any reason at all to say something positive, if Jeff Green provides it, then so be it.

he's watched the trainwreck from up close and personal, he deserves his small bits of happy. its amazing he still has his sanity really

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the man is looking for any reason at all to say something positive, if Jeff Green provides it, then so be it.

he's watched the trainwreck from up close and personal, he deserves his small bits of happy. its amazing he still has his sanity really

I'll have you know that "dagger" is part of my lexicon.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The NBA is so different than the NFL.  I never totally lose hope with the Redskins because the league's competitive and dynamic.  With the NBA, you know with 100% certainty when you've got no chance.

You just can't compete in the NBA without good management.

Wall is never getting traded.  This franchise has been totally dedicated to him since day one.  He'll finish his career here and set all of the relevant franchise records.  He'll have his number retired and jersey in the rafters.  And I'm fine with that.  We're not going to compete for championships any time soon, but I've enjoyed watching John's career unfold and will continue to enjoy it.  That's the only reason I'm still watching.

It really has been a treat, all things considered.

Maybe hard to argue a shot to beat the Warriors, but i feel like i can expect a fighting shot in most games in the Wall era once we started making playoff runs.  That to me is the biggest difference between the NBA and NFL, its not like bad NFL franchise don't get it right every once in a while, look at how Colts wasted Peyton Manning. Miami wasted Marino, Green Bay is wasting Rodgers.

The thing is the games that matter are one at a time in NFL.  Can we steal a game in a NBA series, sure, but 4? No, in the NBA the better team wins in the end pretty much everytime, why its so predictable.  I will become dangerously apathetic post-Wall if Ernie is still here, i like John more them i like this franchise, its not even close.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

My wife and I were joking about how you can tell when Kara is unhappy with what she’s seeing while Buck is more likely to power through it like it’s nothing.  That turned into a running joke about how he’s eventually going to lose his mind on air.  I can imagine him shouting dagger before springing out from behind his table and attempting to stab Chris Miller as he conducts yet another mid game interview about painted sneakers.  Who could blame him?

• Haha 3