Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

"Bradley Beal take it or leave it.  We've always got this sweet deal with Philly to fall back on."

Yeah that was a shot at the moon for them.  No chance the wizards trade a younger allstar that signed long term for a older guy on an expiring deal.  Though I guess with Ernie it’s worth a shot. 

I still think the Rockets offer was better for them.  Thibs just couldn’t take 4 first round picks over seven years because he’s never keep his job long enough to use them.  Great example of why not to let a head coach also make the basketball decisions, they have different priorities. 

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Yeah that was a shot at the moon for them.  No chance the wizards trade a younger allstar that signed long term for a older guy on an expiring deal.  Though I guess with Ernie it’s worth a shot. 

"Not Even Ernie Would."

We've got a useful new shorthand for trade proposals that are so outlandish they aren't even worth discussing.

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The sign of a bad GM, as if we didn't know this about Ernie, is one that makes certain places off-limits when you have a losing team/non-contending team. Doesn't mean you have to trade them, but you should always listen. 

Saying they're off limits is something you do for the benefit of your player.  Word gets back to them eventually.  "Beal is off limits" = "We're not interested in any deal you can make."  But if, for example, Milwaukee came calling about some kind of trade involving Beal and Giannis, you can be damn sure we'd listen.

38 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Saying they're off limits is something you do for the benefit of your player.  Word gets back to them eventually.  "Beal is off limits" = "We're not interested in any deal you can make."  But if, for example, Milwaukee came calling about some kind of trade involving Beal and Giannis, you can be damn sure we'd listen.

Totally disagree. You always listen and every player should understand that there is a difference when another team calls to inquire and a team actively shopping a player. Always listen when you have a non-contending team even if you know a player is effectively unavailable. You never know what a bad GM may offer up.  

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal is locked in.  Fun to watch him when he gets like this.

If we could play this Cavs team 45 times a season, we might actually be able to win 50 games.  They're god awful.

Cavs might only win 10-15 games this season if that. They are really terrible. 

The wizards have 21 off 13 turnovers, and lead by 21.   Surprisingly the Cavs are shooting 50% from the field and 40% from three.  Great shooting numbers for a team getting blown out.

Our bench mob destroyed their bench mob.  10-17 shooting 28 points from the Wizards depth.  Cavs bench has 14 points.

19 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Ian Mah3nmi.

64 million? Worth it!

If Buck pronounces it Yan than so will I.  And so I name him, Yan Fire.