Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm fine with just giving credit where credit is due.  Is he Ray Allen? Guess not.  But I'm with you and feel the same way about Wall that they would've both been better with better coaches. 

Beal is still the youngest player to hit 700 three point shots, that's more impressive then deceptive, imo

That’s a bit deceptive, average 3’s made per game Beal is 12th all time which isn’t bad and actually pretty damn good. Dunno how accurate the stat is tho.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/all_time_leaders/3_pointers_per_game_career_season.htm

18 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

That’s a bit deceptive, average 3’s made per game Beal is 12th all time which isn’t bad and actually pretty damn good. Dunno how accurate the stat is tho.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/all_time_leaders/3_pointers_per_game_career_season.htm

I'm stuck, I get what yall saying, but if it was so easy everyone would be doing it.  They arent, he has the record for fastest to 700.  I'm caught between "he could be better shooter", and hes 12th in average 3s made per game, out everyone that's ever played.  We have other problems,  but wanting Wall and Beal to play better I guess is something to talk about, it's technically true.

I just don't understand how this team is habitually a pinata for bottom feeders. Dallas is awful. they blew out the wiz rofl 

58 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The ****ing Mavericks.  Really?

All in on Zion.

Man ya'll got it wrong any of the Duke lads will be fine. ALL IN FOR BARRETT 

On 11/4/2018 at 8:52 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Wizards were victimized by a brutal schedule over the first eight games.  But they've got a chance to rip off wins in like five of their next six.

No matter what kind of win streak we go on, Brooks and Ernie still need to be fired.  You can't fall to pieces against a tough schedule.  You can't roll into a season utterly unprepared.  You can't continue to make the same errors and failures every year.  You can't continue to misuse your players and let the inmates run the asylum.  You can't let your players flounder around in the void of leadership while you fart around during practices and pine away at the culture and professionalism of other teams.

I'm concerned about how this team rolls over against scrubs. Sacramento and Dallas are not exactly elite teams. It was the story last year and it was the story again this year. You need to clobber bad teams. They did that against NY. Why couldn't they do that against Dallas? 

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I just don't understand how this team is habitually a pinata for bottom feeders. Dallas is awful. they blew out the wiz rofl 

Man ya'll got it wrong any of the Duke lads will be fine. ALL IN FOR BARRETT 

As a casual Wiz fan...I say this almost as an outsider looking in, but I think being a bit removed from the fray helps....

Blow it up.  Trade Wall.  Trade Beal (if the contract allows him to be traded).  Fire Brooks.

Of course, fire Ernie.  Get some new blood in here.  Trading Wall and Beal and detonating this thing doesn't matter unless there's someone new at the helm.

This whole thing is stale.  And it's obvious that this team won't be a winner with Wall here.  I think Wall could probably win somewhere...and I LOVE Wall, he's fantastic and fun to watch play.  But this team is trending further away from title contention, not running towards it.  But one of the great things about the NBA is that you can turn it around rather quickly, you can be bottom feeders one year, and get back to respectability pretty quickly.  From there, the holes are easily identifiable and you know what you need to get to the next level.

As it stands, Wall's legacy will be a great player on mostly average to ****ty teams which is unfortunate because he deserves better.  He just turned 28, time is still on his side.  But it's not gonna happen here.  If I'm Wall, I'm quietly and respectfully asking for a trade.  

• Like 2

They just need to bring a big bottle of bleach to Wizards organization and scrub them down thoroughly. Just start over. This is absolutely and positively ridiculous. There is NO reason this team should be this bad. 

Ted is fine with mediocrity. He is NOT fine with losing. If this team tanks badly perhaps he finally fires people. We seen it with Caps. If Wizards miss playoffs people are going to be fired. 

Edited by ixcuincle

The Wall-Beal era is over. It shouldn't be but with cap constraints and being stuck with a mediocre roster that isn't even relevant in a LeBron-less East, it's time to call it what it is. Another failure. Keep losing and blow it up. Start over.

Probably won't watch Wizards games this seasons because there's no need to boost their dreadful ratings but I will check scores and keep up in hopes that we hit rock bottom.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The Wall-Beal era is over. It shouldn't be but with cap constraints and being stuck with a mediocre roster that isn't even relevant in a LeBron-less East, it's time to call it what it is. Another failure. Keep losing and blow it up. Start over.

Probably won't watch Wizards games this seasons because there's no need to boost their dreadful ratings but I will check scores and keep up in hopes that we hit rock bottom.

I try to support all DC sports teams and I have no issue cheering for the Redskins, Nats, and Caps but the Wizards have and always have been a disgrace on this city. Just an awful team with their ceiling being a mediocre 4th seed that took Boston to 7 games (and lost). Very difficult to be a Wizards fan. I try to tune in too just to see the dumpster fire get worse. I woke up today, found out the Wiz lost, and started laughing. Keep losing! Tank harder! :rofl89:

Its time to nuke everything and start over. If I'm Ted I fire EVERYONE. Every scout. Every FO person. Every coach. Every trainer. Even fire the custodial staff. Just clean the stench from top to bottom.

Deal Wall and Beal. I want to deal Porter too but we're stuck with that awful contract.

This is the NBA. If you're cap strapped and don't have a shot at a title, you're better off sucking. It isn't like the other three sports where you just gotta get into the playoffs and get hot to win it all. If you can't put yourselves in or near the top 2-3 teams, start over until you can.

• Like 2

Stephen A. Smith is going off on the wizards.  

- Wizards do not hang out off the court, claims he’d know it if they did.  He questions if they like each other at all.

- He’s pointing out Walls contract is bad, hasn’t even kicked in yet, and that Wall showed up overweight again.  Says he can’t be traded because the contract is so bad and the trade kicker is enormous.  

- Says Brooks needs to be fired.

- Beal needs to be traded simply because he’s the only real asset the team has.  No one would want any of their other major contracts.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

- Wizards do not hang out off the court, claims he’d know it if they did.  He questions if they like each other at all.

- He’s pointing out Walls contract is bad, hasn’t even kicked in yet, and that Wall showed up overweight again.  Says it can’t be traded because the contract is so bad and the trade kicker is enormous.  

- Beal needs to be traded simply because he’s the only real asset the team has.  No one would want any of their other major contracts.  

He scared to say Candyman tho. (Grunfeld)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

- He’s pointing out Walls contract is bad, hasn’t even kicked in yet, and that Wall showed up overweight again.  Says it can’t be traded because the contract is so bad and the trade kicker is enormous.  

This on First take? Damn I got to see the highlights later. He always does this because he cares about them. He has said on radio show he does that he is a big fan and it hurts to see them this bad because they shouldn't be this bad. He has every damn right to get vociferous on air right now because this team playing like crap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He scared to say Candyman tho. (Grunfeld) 

I'm pretty sure he's friends with Ernie.

I honestly don't understand why the media protects him.  Wizards fans are the only people in the world who see him for what he is.  That dude must literally be the nicest family friend in the world.  On everyone's Christmas card list.  It's god damn weird.

Schedule is soft over the next five.  If they're going to salvage their season, it'll happen now.  If not, then I think you start the firings immediately after.  Have a new GM come in and assess the team.  Try and start moving out players before the deadline.  The NBA has a late deadline fortunately, so I think you'll be able to give a new FO a few months to make plans and seek out the best trade options.  There will be interest in all three of Wall, Beal, and Porter.  PG needy teams like the Suns, Heat, Bucks, and Spurs would be good places to start with Wall.  The Sixers would give their left nut for Beal or Porter.  A lot of teams would.

If tearing it down is the way to go, then fire Brooks and trade the big three for expirings and as many draft picks as you can get.  Focus on hiring a coach who runs an actual system this summer.  And tank for a top three pick to conduct a new build around.  Gonna be another five years of **** again, and what little fanbase we've built over the past nine years will be totally gone.  But fans might start coming back if the next rebuild works.

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm pretty sure he's friends with Ernie.

I honestly don't understand why the media protects him.  Wizards fans are the only people in the world who see him for what he is.  That dude must literally be the nicest family friend in the world.  On everyone's Christmas card list.  It's god damn weird.

I think he's the opposite. Hitman for the mafia type, with a short fuse. You cross him and you face the wrath...

That crowd is lucky. Potential for a Boston Massacre 2.0

Thinking about it, there's not going to be a midseason dismemberment of the team.  They're no going to eat Scott Brooks's contract.  They're not going to fall out of competition either because they need money for payroll.  Unless Ernie gets fired, they'll only salary dump and they won't trade for long term assets that he will never get to use.

Our only chance at an honest to God rebuild is to fire Ernie and then trade Wall for something like Jimmy Butler.  Beal and Porter couldn't be moved until the offseason without tanking revenues.  Brooks will be kept no matter what I think, and the spin will be "he develops young players."