Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Redskins last Super Bowl parade went up Constitution Avenue to the government center, but DC has changed dramatically since then. The Wizards parade either need to start or end at the Verizon Center, right? Maybe start at Eastern Market, go up Pennsylvania to 2nd, by the Library of Congress, to Constitution then up 7th or 8th to the Verizon Center. I don't know if you can do a proper rally there though. Maybe reverse that route? I'm big on including NW, SE and NE in the route if possible. 

• Like 1

The Redskins last Super Bowl parade went up Constitution Avenue to the government center, but DC has changed dramatically since then. The Wizards parade either need to start or end at the Verizon Center, right? Maybe start at Eastern Market, go up Pennsylvania to 2nd, by the Library of Congress, to Constitution then up 7th or 8th to the Verizon Center. I don't know if you can do a proper rally there though. Maybe reverse that route? I'm big on including NW, SE and NE in the route if possible. 

No love for SW? What the heck man? lol

I think now it would have to start at Verizon Center, and maybe end at the Lincoln Memorial. Or reverse it. 

Edited by MLSKINS

Being out of town it is really nice to get to see the wizards play.. And even better that they dominated the bulls. I am really impressed by the teams hustle and the several players that have the potential to be the star each game.

the playoffs this year have been really fun to watch.

Edited by sportjunkie07

Remember the threats after the 2nd win in Chicago? Maybe they catch these asshats...

WASHINGTON -- The Wizards say the NBA has investigated a person who made threats to the team on Twitter during its first-round series against the Chicago Bulls. 

Center Marcin Gortat said Thursday after practice that there was "one gentleman who really threatened us, actually made some terrorist threats to us."

More at the link...

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10868407/nba-investigates-twitter-threats-sent-washington-wizards

Pacers are easier to prepare for. Big man in the middle (Hibbert), a PF that is old (West) and basically 3 guards. We in theory match up very well with them.  The Hawks on the other hand, present  match-up issues. They are a perimeter based team that, when they get hot, will hit 15 threes. Of course, when they are cold the game is over for them. I actually think the Pacers will be a better match-up for us but think we can beat either team.

Ticket prices are ridiculous for the second round for face value. 75 is the cheapest and over 400 for lower level. Is that that norm for every NBA team in the playoffs? Either way I bought 2 tickets for home game 2. I'm excited even after spending over 150 for 2 upper level tickets lol. BTW promo code until 11 when they go on sale to everyone is Wiz14.

Edited by GOSKINS_08

Ticket prices are ridiculous for the second round for face value. 75 is the cheapest and over 400 for lower level. Is that that norm for every NBA team in the playoffs? Either way I bought 2 tickets for home game 2. I'm excited even after spending over 150 for 2 upper level tickets lol. BTW promo code until 11 when they go on sale to everyone is Wiz14.

Cheapest game 4 upper level tickets in the first round were around 120 per a day before the game. You got a fairly good deal.

Cheapest game 4 upper level tickets in the first round were around 120 per a day before the game. You got a fairly good deal.

No I know but I'm talking about face value through ticket master. I bought my tickets for 35 through ticket master for round one. I guess they have a $40 increase for round 2. Wonder how pricing will be for the East Finals.

Vogel comes across as stubborn, so Indiana is a different team if he starts to be more flexible with his rotations when it comes to matchups.  That's how they won game 6, so going small could prove to be a problem for us as well.  Have to attack them, that's the only way to win that series.

When I was looking at prices for game one of the second round if we were in Indy after we clinched and there were upper levels listed at 40 and below. Its like a whole different economy here in the Midwest. Ted and Scalpers know DC residents pay premium for major events.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy