Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Comcast sports net. Unless you're not local then ignore me lol.

Nope. No local broadcasts in the second round. I'll miss Steve and Phil, but I won't miss the terrible production; Didn't show the Hinrich missed free throw in game 2, instead got a zoom in on Nene's face.

They should be all over the pre and post game shows, though.

Edited by skinswillwin06

The DC sports in me is expecting us to lose. I mean, just look at our history from 1995 (The Year I legit became obsessed with sports) and today. It's been pretty much 19 years of disappointment. 

But man, the Pacers look ripe for the picking. You have to realize some things.... The Hawks didn't have Horford, and they still took the Pacers to 7 games. Teague made the Pacers look silly at times. And the most important thing, there is still animosity on that team. 

The Wizards are on a mission. They are hungry, and they are together. It seems like everybody knows their role, and are doing their best to play their role. I hear Gortat, he's focused. Wall and Beal, focused. Shoot, I can even tell that Whittman is different. 

Yesterday, Grant Hill says that he can't go against  his eyes, and he said his eyes are saying that the Wizards well win the series. I don't mean to sound lame, and copy what he says, but logically, my eyes are seeing that the Wizards are okaying better than the Pacers now and they should win this series...

But I gotta end this post, with what I started with. These DC sports teams have disappointed me too many times. This series is bigger than the Wizards. In my eyes, the Wizards are playing for all the DC teams right now. I need them to win, so I can start to trust my teams.

Teague was loose because Milsap forced the pacers to play a style of defense they don't like. Thy had to go small or spread out further than would allow them to rotate. Washington does not force them to do that and west/Hibbert will be protecting the rim. Wall will not have as easy a time as Teague did.

Teague was loose because Milsap forced the pacers to play a style of defense they don't like. Thy had to go small or spread out further than would allow them to rotate. Washington does not force them to do that and west/Hibbert will be protecting the rim. Wall will not have as easy a time as Teague did.

True. And that is why I didn't mention Wall, or anybody else for that matter, going off in this series. I know this is going to be tough. That is why I focused on the togetherness of the Wizards. They are on another level as far as team ball goes. And I think the Pacers are going to get frustrated at some point in this series. When they do, we have to make them pay for it. 

I think the series will come down to the wizards defense. I think the Pacers can be turned over and frustrated. Wizards defense is under rated and like you say, the team has enough talent to win a defensive game by not needing one guy to carry the weight.

• Like 1

It's all gravy from here on out. I think we're good enough to win, but it's hard for me to say we will. Indy looks like they have rediscovered their mojos, and I don't like having such a long layoff between games.

No team rediscovers their mojo after showing up for one game. Wiz need to strike first and lead hard for a period. Talking about rattling the Pacers, that will put the fear back in them (Hibbert).

This will happen.

• Like 1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/motivated-by-his-brothers-death-trevor-ariza-has-persevered-to-success-with-wizards/2014/05/04/c8ef1a0e-d2d0-11e3-8f7d-7786660fff7c_story.html

Michael Lee with a great piece on Trevor Ariza. I almost forgot about this little nugget:

The Wizards nearly shipped Ariza to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Caron Butler in February 2013 before the deal was nixed by Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Marcin Gortat is going to have to learn to pass the ball from the post more being guarded by Hibbert.  Let Wall and Beal eviscerate Stephenson and Hill.

Nene can pull Hibbert/West from the hoop just like he did Noah.  He has shown he can consistently make mid-range jump shots.

Amen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/2014-nba-playoffs-washington-wizards-wont-change-approach-heading-into-matchup-with-indiana-pacers/2014/05/04/b8b56572-d3e7-11e3-aae8-c2d44bd79778_story.html

With Indiana possessing big, physical players in Hibbert, West and Luis Scola, creating close, open looks could be a bit tougher for the Wizards than they found it to be against the Bulls. But the keys to counter this remain the same — an up-tempo style rooted in John Wall’s speed and penetrating ability while creating a pace that jolts the Pacers into more turnovers.

“We’re probably going to have to play at an even faster pace to take advantage of what we need to take advantage of,” Wizards Coach Randy Wittman said. “They want to walk it up the floor to take advantage of what their strengths are. We’ve got to make them play at a faster pace, make them speed up their game.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH