Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So proud of this team.  Just so proud of them. 

Is everyone now cool w/ Wittman coming back?  Who would have thought that he'd outcoach Thibs? 

No. All season long everyone complained about how many wins his terrible coaching cost this team. One playoff series or one playoff run won't turn him into a really good coach though I think it's a given he will be back. He will cost the team more wins next season as well.

Mike Wilbon Said ‏@MikeWilbonSaid 15h

"I don't think the Bulls are gonna drop ALL 3 games in this series in Chicago so I think it's gonna go back to Washington" #Wilbon 4/29/14

Haaaaaaaahaaahaaaa!

Blind homer couldn't accept that the bulls were lucky to get one win. They got dominated.

Parody account.

Edited by Popeman38

He said tha on PTI yesterday when Tony asked him about the bulls a second time. He tried ignoring him the first time.

Yep. He threw in a "The Wizards are the better team, but...." before that statement. He sure did not think the Wiz were the better team a few days ago...

I think we were talking about nicknames for Wall and Beal. I am really digging "House of Gurads." We can start calling them H.O.G. or Hog. I wonder if Netflix would sue for Copyright infringement. 

The only thing about House of Guards is that is sounds like a nickname for the arena. It just sounds a little odd as a nickname for a group of players. 

• Like 1

CONGRATS to the Wiz and their fans.   It would be nice if two long downtrodden franchises like Washington and Golden State could enter a nice long time at the top, at the same time.

Good luck with the second round! 

How intriguing is a Wizards vs Warriors final?

Curry vs Wall

Klay vs Beal

Too bad its not gonna happen =( Warriors arent good enough  :P

Not without Bogut we aren't.   :(

• Like 1

CONGRATS to the Wiz and their fans. It would be nice if two long downtrodden franchises like Washington and Golden State could enter a nice long time at the top, at the same time.

Good luck with the second round!

Not without Bogut we aren't. :(

You're welcome to join the party. I know I've been watching the heck out of your warriors. They're my favorite western conference team to root for. It's hard not to like Curry, Iggy, and even Klay despite his near permanent scowl. Neither team is going to win a championship this season but if the redskins have taught us something it's that it's better to lose in the post season than flounder helplessly and fail to qualify at all. Edited by Destino

You're welcome to join the party. I know I've been watching the heck out of your warriors. They're my favorite western conference team to root for. It's hard not to like Curry, Iggy, and even Klay despite his near permanent scowl. Neither team is going to win a championship this season but if the redskins have taught us something it's that it's better to lose in the post season than flounder helplessly and fail to qualify at all.

Next to the Wizards, I watched more Warriors games than any other team this year and last probably. It always intrigued me how so many of their players could have easily ended up as Wizards.

No. All season long everyone complained about how many wins his terrible coaching cost this team. One playoff series or one playoff run won't turn him into a really good coach though I think it's a given he will be back. He will cost the team more wins next season as well.

Given how successful the Wizards/Bullets franchise has been at winning any playoff series, I wish fans would wise up.

A franchise has to walk before it can run.  You want good free agents and good coaching here, you first have to stop being the doormat of the NBA.

Celebrate a victory and stop ****ing about the coach.  He will be here next year and so will Grunfeld.  Get over it.

Edited by chipwhich
  • Like 3

Given how successful the Wizards/Bullets franchise has been at winning any playoff series, I wish fans would wise up.

A franchise has to walk before it can run.  You want good free agents and good coaching here, you first have to stop being the doormat of the NBA.

Celebrate a victory and stop ****ing about the coach.  He will be here next year and so will Grunfeld.  Get over it.

I have to agree here. I agonize over coaching just like the rest of you but here we are in the 2nd round. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes that Randy has had to deal with. 

He came in preaching defense and for the first time since 1979 the players are buying into defense. He limited minutes of key players and they are reaping the rewards of that in the playoffs right now.

I just wish he had more offensive creativity (especially in the final 5 minutes) but maybe he'll improve there.

A franchise has to walk before it can run. You want good free agents and good coaching here, you first have to stop being the doormat of the NBA.

Celebrate a victory and stop ****ing about the coach. He will be here next year and so will Grunfeld. Get over it.

Wittman has shown a surprising improvement in the post season. Yes the Wizards were better than the bulls but he made several key adjustments throughout the series that kept the bulls from finding life. The half court offense worked in spurts, but it worked, and it did so against a great defensive team. There was really only one low scoring ugly game in the series. I'm not convinced that he's the man and his plays out if timeouts still make my head hurt but in dominating a playoff series it's hard to argue that he hasn't earned an extension. Perception can change though and there is still a lot of basketball to play.

Grunfeld on the other hand, is garbage. Burning garbage. Nothing that's happened this season changes the fact that he went "win now" to save his job with almost no mind paid to sustaining it. Add the fact that Otto has failed to see the court and it gets even harder to ignore his abysmal draft record. The team is low on cap space and needing to resign or replace two starters and virtually all of the teams depth is old.

Next to the Wizards, I watched more Warriors games than any other team this year and last probably. It always intrigued me how so many of their players could have easily ended up as Wizards.

And many of our good players in the past actually DID end up as Wizards.   C-Webb and Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison jump to mind.   :(

I feel the same way about Mark Jackson.   He's a lousy bench/substitutions coach (even worse, than Whitman) but the team has improved a lot under him, so its a mixed bag.

All I've wanted all my life is a winning Basketball team in DC. Now Ernie has done this with two different lineups. I'm not saying he's some kinda saint of a GM who can do no wrong, but looking at where this team has been I'm happy to be in the playoffs and then winning a series. We'll see what happens in a year or two when the time comes. Maybe this time keeping Wittman will be a better move than firing Jordan. Maybe this group of players doesn't get hurt. We'll see what happens, but I'm just on cloud nine thinking about the possibility of being one of the last 4 teams remaining in the NBA playoffs.

Who is *****ing about the coach? Please superfan, educate all us unwise fans.

Seriously dude, all I did was answer someone's question. The truth is that every single poster in this thread complained over and over again how terrible Wittman has over the last couple of seasons and that is somehow me *****ing? I think it's great that they won the series and everyone from the coach to the players deserve credit. Doesn't mean that Wittman has transformed into a good coach for the long haul, but I will try to be a better fan and get over it.

Who is *****ing about the coach? Please superfan, educate all us unwise fans.

Seriously dude, all I did was answer someone's question. The truth is that every single poster in this thread complained over and over again how terrible Wittman has over the last couple of seasons and that is somehow me *****ing? I think it's great that they won the series and everyone from the coach to the players deserve credit. Doesn't mean that Wittman has transformed into a good coach for the long haul, but I will try to be a better fan and get over it.

Read your own post, why ask me?????

Meanwhile try a little web search and see how many playoff series the Wizards/Bullets have won and call me in the morning.

Don't hate the messenger.

Enjoy the win and stop complaining.

Read your own post, why ask me?????

Meanwhile try a little web search and see how many playoff series the Wizards/Bullets have won and call me in the morning.

Don't hate the messenger.

Enjoy the win and stop complaining.

Ok superfan, someone asked "is everyone cool with Wittman returning?" I answered no. How is that complaining? Oh, I guess since the Wizards don't win often, I'm supposed to say yeah, let's bring everyone back and cause they did a great job winning one playoff series. Note to superfans, people can enjoy the win and still want them to do whatever it will take to bring a championship here.

Anyway, while you are being such a superfan, you should make a list of what people in this thread are permitted to say during the playoffs. That way us bad fans get things right.

Edited by Hersh