Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We had Chicago's number.  They were on a roll going into the series and teams were scared of them.  But we found a rhythm too right there at the end of the season and I think we carried that focus and energy into the series.  This was a big win.  Getting past Chicago in the first means an easier series in the second round no matter who we get...

5 game series win for us and the way the last two games ended doesn't do this Chicago team justice.  The first three games were competitive as hell and 2 and 3 certainly could have gone either way.  Heck, last night could have.  We beat a good team.

It's been a long, long time since the Bullets / Wizards have given me as a fan such a satisfied feeling.  I'd say it's been since that shot Gil made in Chicago.  And that seems like a long time ago.

Please tell me someone has tweeted that pompous, no nothing ass bag Wilbon and given it to him.

mike_wilbon.jpg

Yesterday's game was never in doubt for me. The only quarter the Bulls played us competitive (2nd), they were making unbelievable shots. Butler hit mid range jumpers off screens, Hinrich falling away 3s... no way they were going to continue that in the 2nd half. 

Three wins on the road against a quality opponent... this team is not scared or nervous.

Yesterday's game was never in doubt for me. The only quarter the Bulls played us competitive (2nd), they were making unbelievable shots. Butler hit mid range jumpers off screens, Hinrich falling away 3s... no way they were going to continue that in the 2nd half. 

Three wins on the road against a quality opponent... this team is not scared or nervous.

Agreed. Never got the vibe we would lose. Even when the Bulls went on that run, it was simply unsustainable.

Nothing the Bulls did really impressed me. They're a ~25 win team that got 48 wins by trying really hard and by playing a style of play that nobody else in the league plays(because they wouldn't be allowed to).

What impresses me is that we dominated Chicago. It wasn't even close. Not that Chicago is a great team, but still. I remember saying earlier in the year, every player has a role and is valuable. And talented. In years past it was just a bunch of mediocre players thrown together.

Just saying. I think the NBA could hype up a young exciting team like the Wizards more than yet another Lebron James championship game. 

False, but I like your style. LeBron is the NBA like Tiger is golf. 

What impresses me is that we dominated Chicago. It wasn't even close. Not that Chicago is a great team, but still. I remember saying earlier in the year, every player has a role and is valuable. And talented. In years past it was just a bunch of mediocre players thrown together.

I just didn't think we had the grit (or the coaching) to win a 7 game series against a defensive-minded team like that. I guess I was underestimating what a horrible shooting team they were.

So proud of this team.  Just so proud of them. 

Is everyone now cool w/ Wittman coming back?  Who would have thought that he'd outcoach Thibs?

I wouldn't say he outcoached Thibs. He had a better team to work with. Chicago played hard and maxed out their talent.

I've made my peace with Wittman. I wish we could do better, but I don't see any way to make the change without seriously shaking the tree. And I'm not sure we want to do that. Not right now anyway. We'll revisit the issue if this team hits a wall in a few years like OKC has with Brooks.

• Like 1

So proud of this team.  Just so proud of them. 

Is everyone now cool w/ Wittman coming back?  Who would have thought that he'd outcoach Thibs? 

Doesn't matter if we're cool or not, the band is coming back with new contracts. Just let somebody else take over the draft for Grunfeld and we might be able to live.

Grunfeld is horror movie monster. He never truly dies.

I think we were talking about nicknames for Wall and Beal. I am really digging "House of Gurads." We can start calling them H.O.G. or Hog. I wonder if Netflix would sue for Copyright infringement. 

I'm kind of partial to Dash & Splash, but thats too close to Golden States nickname for Curry & Thompson.