Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 5 (May Contain Spoilers)

StillUnknown

When someone doesn't fit the code, he has himself a dilemma. Yes, the code states not getting caught is the first priority, but even then, he has trouble bringing himself to kill an innocent. He was perfectly willing to frame Doakes, but he couldn't bring himself to killing him (remember it was Lila that killed Doakes). Hell, as the series has progressed, he's moved farther and farther away from Harry's code as he discovers more humanity in himself.

Good point, he always does have a dilemma when the situation really does call for action, not just thinking about it. Maybe he wasn't going to kill him, but he did say in his mind "sorry it had to come to this." Maybe his intent was to drug and kill, but with your point here if it had actually gotten to that I believe Dexter would have had a crisis of conscious, like he did with Doakes. But the writers had him struggle with Robocop and kill him in a sort-of self-defense, effectively ending the "what next" concerns. So with your point here, I think his intent was to drug and kill, but that he would have at least had a moral dillema over it.

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 01:56 PM ----------

I'm not so sure Dex knew it was Quinn. On the computer it had Quinn's name, but he said something like it wasn't an official case and he knew it was bogus. Wonder if they'll link Quinn to Liddy if someone sees the blood on Quinn's shoe? Very gripping episode.

But after that he went to the van, and said he thoughit was Quinn getting in. He still thought it was Quinn, upon noticing the case or requisition order were fake, he concluded it was off the books, which just means the detective doesn't have authorization on the case is all.

Good idea with the blood on the shoe. Those two have had disagreements and a dubious relationship, it could work.

I'm not so sure Dex knew it was Quinn. On the computer it had Quinn's name, but he said something like it wasn't an official case and he knew it was bogus. Wonder if they'll link Quinn to Liddy if someone sees the blood on Quinn's shoe? Very gripping episode.

Damn you.... that's beautiful. That's absolutely how it's going to down now. All the evidence is lined up perfectly.

Quinn also left finger prints on the van's door handles. That'll probably be the evidence that ties him to Liddy's murder.

And finally confirmed by evidence of his timeline: Phone call from the victim. Leaves office. Time of death. Returns.

Was that a dirt lot they were in? Having trouble remembering. But that would also open up tire tracks

And finally confirmed by evidence of his timeline: Phone call from the victim. Leaves office. Time of death. Returns.

Was that a dirt lot they were in? Having trouble remembering. But that would also open up tire tracks

Deb had also met the cop through Quinn before. But the body won't have any of Quinn's DNA on it, and Dexter's hair is probably in the van somewhere.

Quinn also left finger prints on the van's door handles. That'll probably be the evidence that ties him to Liddy's murder.

Wow, I forgot about that. Good catch with the fingerprints. Also, they when the find the survaillence equipment in the van, it was signed out with Quinn's name. They'll check the records on the computer.

Dexter is investigating the scene in the preview for this week. So his hair being there is not going to raise suspicion.

I thought the same thing. There is alot of blood, so he'll be called out to investigate it.

Deb had also met the cop through Quinn before. But the body won't have any of Quinn's DNA on it, and Dexter's hair is probably in the van somewhere.

That's true, but I think he's usually gotten away with that (investigating his own crime scenes) before because he's there collecting evidence. So if some stray hair of his were there, it would just be discarded. Now if some of his blood were there...

Also, from the evidence in the van, it should be pretty obvious that someone WAS tied up, and there was a struggle. Wonder how they'll explain that away...

Disappointing. IMHO.

There were so many things they could have done. Thought for sure Deb was going to see scars on Lumen or something and figure the whole thing out - which would have been interesting for next season.

Oh well.

Combine that with plot holes you could drive a truck through and I'm pretty underwhelmed after the show had picked up a lot of steam the past several episodes.

i agree with the sentiment here. disappointing ending. specifically the whole Deb confronts the vigilantes behind plastic and doesn't even look at them and just lets them go.

Then, even after Dexter clears Quinn, shouldn't Quinn be even more suspicious about Dexter now? i just don't understand that. It's like Quinn never got any closure on the hunches he had. Never got to see if Dexter was Kyle Butler, and never saw Liddy's findings. Now all the sudden Dexter clears him and he's cool? I guess I'm missing something.

Archived