Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 5 (May Contain Spoilers)

StillUnknown

Ok, wow, I watched the last 4 episodes all back to back. I really liked what they did to close out the season, and I was totally on the edge of my seat when Deb was aiming the gun at Dex and Lumen.

I hope they continue with Dex and Lumen, I like their relationship, and I was really afraid he was going to lose her before this was over, and I want her to come back.

I also liked that they brought Dex's dad back.

BTW, the cliffhanger is that Quinn knows who Liddy was investigating.

Great season finally, and I really like how Dex's version of therapy was the thing that brought closure to Lumen's life.

Sooooo, Deb knows. Right?

I think she does. Quinn is magically cleared, thanks to Dex who is supposed to hate him. Jordan Chase is dead and now Lumen, who fits the profile, is gone. Deb knows that Robocop's surveillance equipment was requsitioned under Quinn's name, and that he two were meeting. Pretty easy to connect that Robo was looking into Dex. They've shown even more this season that Deb is a very good detective, plus some remark she made at the end at the party had me thinking she may know, tho I can't recall it specifically.

Then, even after Dexter clears Quinn, shouldn't Quinn be even more suspicious about Dexter now? i just don't understand that. It's like Quinn never got any closure on the hunches he had. Never got to see if Dexter was Kyle Butler, and never saw Liddy's findings. Now all the sudden Dexter clears him and he's cool? I guess I'm missing something.

I'm pretty sure Quinn knows something doesn't sit right, but at the same time, I think knows Dexter fudged the blood work to get him off. Quinn is a scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours cop.

I think she does. Quinn is magically cleared, thanks to Dex who is supposed to hate him. Jordan Chase is dead and now Lumen, who fits the profile, is gone. Deb knows that Robocop's surveillance equipment was requsitioned under Quinn's name, and that he two were meeting. Pretty easy to connect that Robo was looking into Dex. They've shown even more this season that Deb is a very good detective, plus some remark she made at the end at the party had me thinking she may know, tho I can't recall it specifically.

Yea, she said he must be relaxed or relieved that it's all over.

As for Quinn, he has no reason to worry about Dexter bc Dexter actually did him two favors - he got rid of Liddy and he cleared Quinn of any involvement.

i agree with the sentiment here. disappointing ending. specifically the whole Deb confronts the vigilantes behind plastic and doesn't even look at them and just lets them go.

Then, even after Dexter clears Quinn, shouldn't Quinn be even more suspicious about Dexter now? i just don't understand that. It's like Quinn never got any closure on the hunches he had. Never got to see if Dexter was Kyle Butler, and never saw Liddy's findings. Now all the sudden Dexter clears him and he's cool? I guess I'm missing something.

Agree. Like others have said, it was very anticlimatic. Not sure what the twist is going into next season except the Quinn/Dexter relationship.

They could have done something in this episode that would have set up a story line that finally brings this show to an end. But this entire season makes me think that next season won't be the last one.

I still don't get why folks think that next season is gonna be the final, I've caught nothing in the past two seasons that would even hint that they were looking to wrap up this series.

I still don't get why folks think that next season is gonna be the final, I've caught nothing in the past two seasons that would even hint that they were looking to wrap up this series.

I thought it would be because Dexter started having really close encounters with Deb and people close to him finding out his true identity.

I really have no clue what to expect from season 6 now. Personally I hope they do something Season 1 and 4 esque. Dexter vs. a truly evil serial killer. This season was nice in terms of plot and character development but it lacked the intensity.

Agree. Like others have said, it was very anticlimatic. Not sure what the twist is going into next season except the Quinn/Dexter relationship.

It was a little anti-climactic, but I think we're also comparing it to last season, which was just such an unbelieveable shock. iirc, seasons 1-3 ended pretty much like this one did.

Am I the only one who wasn't disappointed with the finale?

We saw Dexter experience true heartbreak, something which couldn't really happen before.

We saw Deb basically compromise her integrity as a cop, something which I don't think we've seen before.

Quinn and Deb both all but know that Dexter killed someone.

Dexter, after having someone he could genuinely confide in (save for that ***** Lila and a couple other serial killers), is once again left alone with his "dark passenger"...and his kids.

It was a little anti-climactic, but I think we're also comparing it to last season, which was just such an unbelieveable shock. iirc, seasons 1-3 ended pretty much like this one did.

Agreed. I initially thought it was anti-climatic until the Deb and Quinn interactions, and when I realized they couldn't do as big a cliff hanger as last season anyways.

Quinn and Deb both all but know that Dexter killed someone.

You may be right, but I'm not sure that Deb and/or Quinn know. I think Quinn probably is more likely to know Dex is a killer. He has to be pretty sure that's what happened to Liddy. Deb for a sharp cop has always been oblivious in her personal life.

Lets not forget though. They never solved the investigation from earlier in the season, what was the guy's name? The brother of the drug dealer Deb shot? Also the new cop in the department, that went shady for La Guerda....I forger her name.

So there are still some loose ends from Season 5 that can continued in season 6 right off the bat.

Deb doesn't know about Dexter. If she did it would have been a bigger deal than some weird comment at a birthday party.

I didn't hate the ending but you could see Dexter clearing Quinn from a mile away. Was shocked Lumen was leaving but no special guest has stayed too long on the show. I want them to end it next season. The storylines are getting stale and I am the biggest Dexter fan on the planet but I am getting tired of Dexter narrowly escaping the police and Deb always coming close to finding out.

You're gonna have to explain what plot holes you're referring to.....

Right off the top of my head . . .

1) Quinn is automatically released and vindicated because Dexter lies about the blood? Even with all of the evidence (fingerprints, phone records, etc.) and him deciding to lawyer-up as soon as LaGuerta started asking questions? Ridiculous to think he would have gotten off just because of that.

2) Nobody notices the flipped red sedan on the trail to the camp? The same car that would definitely have Dexter's fingerprints (don't recall him wearing gloves) and hair in them and link him to the crime scene? Again, ridiculous.

3) How many times is Dexter going to flip his car? He's seriously the worst driver on planet earth.

I'll add more when they come to me . . .

Sooooo, Deb knows. Right?

Yes the whole I am a cop so I do not get to decide who deserves who dies was from an earlier convo with Dex

---------- Post added December-13th-2010 at 07:22 PM ----------

1) Quinn is automatically released and vindicated because Dexter lies about the blood? Even with all of the evidence (fingerprints, phone records, etc.) and him deciding to lawyer-up as soon as LaGuerta started asking questions? Ridiculous to think he would have gotten off just because of that.

2) Nobody notices the flipped red sedan on the trail to the camp? The same car that would definitely have Dexter's fingerprints (don't recall him wearing gloves) and hair in them and link him to the crime scene? Again, ridiculous.

3) How many times is Dexter going to flip his car? He's seriously the worst driver on planet earth.

I'll add more when they come to me . . .

Car could have been burned up

What hard evidence was there out side the blood?

Yes, everything else is completely circumstantial. It was known before hand that Quinn knew and associated with Liddy, if there is no blood then there is no evidence tying him to the scene.

We know that Jordan was murdered so the car belonged to his killer, not necessarily Dexter, and I can't remember if Dex was wearing gloves while driving.

Not a plot hole. The first time was while he was suffering from his concussion, this time he was distracted by his chatty father.

Count me in as one who really liked it. It was different.

It wasn't my favorite season... but I'm not going to complain about it. However, I thought that every season from the first continued to improve upon the previous... but it was going to be hard to do with the Trinity killer and killing off Rita.

The only thing left to raise the bar and trump that... is to get Deb killed somehow.

Good finale, I think some people are being a little over critical with trying to hold it up against the previous season finale, but it's all a matter of opinion.

The ease with which Quinn got off was a bit rushed obviously, but there was no hard evidence tying him to the murder. I mean no blood/hair/dna or anything, he had prints on the outside of the van but nothing to prove he had ever been inside the van. He can be completely honest and say Liddy called him to come down and talk and he pulled up, knocked on the van door and peered in but no one seemed to be around and left, whats wrong with that? He already told her that he was his friend and had been talking to him. The surveillance equipment was obviously acquired with a forged (easy to prove) signature.

The flipped car is questionable. Dexter was wearing gloves but he obviously could have left hair in the vehicle but it's not a guarantee. C'mon after watching this for five years you have to realize how many times he's gotten incredibly lucky....at this point calling that sort of thing a plot hole doesn't work. Like it's been pointed out...flipping a car multiple times isn't a plot hole. In the end you're watching the show about a serial killer who kills other killers, you need to suspend a bit of disbelief here. :)

On the subject of if Deb knows? They were really being vague on if she knew or not, they must have wanted it to be left open to interpretation. I'm having a hard time believing she knew and simply let them go and never said a single word to Dexter after. She did look at him at the party and say "I bet you're glad this is over" (or something really close), but I think she was just implying the barrel girls case and not Lumen's revenge. What they did with Deb 'catching' Dex but not really knowing who it was, was let her approve of Dexter and what he was doing without directly approving.

I'd like to see Lumen return next season, maybe not immediately but mid way through.

I liked the finale.... it almost made me cry when Lumen was leaving Dexter. He was so happy :(

I don't think Deb knows about Dexter. I'm sure Quinn knows that Dexter killed Liddy, and since he now "owes him one," I think we'll see exactly what he owes him next season.

I'm sad the season is over.

Wonder how, if at all, this effects what they do or where they go next season.

It's the end for "Dexter"'s killer duo.

Michael C. Hall, 39, and Jennifer Carpenter, who play siblings on the hit Showtime series, have called it quits after nearly two years of marriage, his reps confirm to UsMagazine.com.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/dexters-michael-c-hall-and-jennifer-carpenter-divorce-1587222.story?GT1=28135

Archived