Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 5 (May Contain Spoilers)

StillUnknown

He's a crooked cop, who is now paying another crooked ex-cop to break the law in order to dig up dirt on our anti-hero. We aren't supposed to like him.

I wouldn't call him crooked. He takes liberties, sure, but he's not taking bribes and things of the sort. As for going after the anti-hero... well he's just that, the anit-hero. We like Dexter, but he's a murderer and you can't fault a cop for going after him.

I wouldn't call him crooked. He takes liberties, sure, but he's not taking bribes and things of the sort. As for going after the anti-hero... well he's just that, the anit-hero. We like Dexter, but he's a murderer and you can't fault a cop for going after him.

Guess you missed the episode where Dex caught him pocketing the cash from a crime scene. That's what made him interested in Dex, because Dex didn't turn him in.

Guess you missed the episode where Dex caught him pocketing the cash from a crime scene. That's what made him interested in Dex, because Dex didn't turn him in.

I remember. That goes with the 'taking liberties'. Not something he should be doing, but it isn't compromising his decision-making as a cop. If he were going around shaking down and taking bribes, paying bribes, fudging evidence... then yeah, I'd call him crooked.

I remember. That goes with the 'taking liberties'. Not something he should be doing, but it isn't compromising his decision-making as a cop. If he were going around shaking down and taking bribes, paying bribes, fudging evidence... then yeah, I'd call him crooked.

Stealing the money from a crime scene doesn't qualify as crooked????

Deb really just cannot catch a break.

Oh man for the first time I really disliked Laguerta! I mean I always knew that she was an opportunist but to sell out a friend like that...woof.

The Quinn/Shady cop angle is getting interesting, I'm almost thinking now that Quinn is going to be the guy to deal with the corrupt ex-cop.

I'm liking the Lumen angle more and more now, I just hope that they don't do her like they did Jimmy Smitts (one season and out), I'd really like to see her carried over 'til next season.

Batista is going to be in a lot of trouble if he backs Deb, but I think he's always had the better moral compass in the division.

I really liked Sundays episode. I wouldn't be shocked for Quinn to find out about Dexter and be okay with it...but the ex-cop dude has to be dealt with.

Nah, I think if Quinn were to find out about Dex's dark passenger then he'd do anything he could to bring him down.

BTW, no one has commented on the absence of Dex's father and a departure from the die hard reliance upon the code.

Nah, I think if Quinn were to find out about Dex's dark passenger then he'd do anything he could to bring him down.

BTW, no one has commented on the absence of Dex's father and a departure from the die hard reliance upon the code.

Well his Dad usually comes into play when Dex is alone. He hasn't been alone too much lately. I think Lumen is starting to replace Dad.

Well his Dad usually comes into play when Dex is alone. He hasn't been alone too much lately. I think Lumen is starting to replace Dad.

Well, before Dad would show up warning Dex to be careful with who he was revealing himself to, but we haven't seen him this season except for the first couple of episodes. I think that Dex is becoming more and more his own self and I think Lumen is helping with that and at the same time providing Dex a "love" (as if Dex were capable) interest. With that said, if they don't answer some questions about Dad's absence I think they'll have failed in at least that respect.

Yeah, they've definitely got to explain the absence of his Dad. But I'm not worried about it, I know they will.

Its getting crazy, I was so uncomfortable and on the edge of my seat throughout this entire last episode...you never know what's going to happen, and with Rita gone, you know they're fine with killing anyone to move the story forward.

Quinn is reaping what he sowed with this shady business...just have to wonder what he does when he finds out Dexter was dumping something in the ocean....something possibly wrapped in plastic bags...he wasn't around for the Bay Harbor Butcher case, but come on. He was in narcotics or whatever, he had to have known some details.

And I've been sensing all season that LaGuerta was on her way out. This last ***** move will do it, once Deb and Batista bring her down among a **** storm of he-said she-said.

Crazy that Deb is the reason it didn't all get pinned on that younger hispanic cop, and then she turns around and stabs Deb in the back to take her job :doh:

Loved how Deb handled adversity for once though, I'm sick of the crying, pitiful Deb. It almost seems like killing that guy gave her...something. She's sure of herself now, even though she just got ****ed over royally.

Can't wait to see what happens, this season is getting better and better.

I want to see Dexter and Lumen have a real relationship- he would finally have a relationship with someone in which he wouldn't have to lie.

Yeah, that would interesting just because the entire foundation of the relationship would be...well, solid, I guess.

But I don't see it happening because that would be kind of insulting to Rita's kids, even though I guess they're pretty permanently out of the picture, and because once these guys are dead, I don't think she'll want to be around that kind of death anymore...they're on the same page now, but what about when she's avenged?

Maybe in the future, though. Who knows, with this show!

Yeah, once they killed off Rita then I gave up on the notion that I know what they will and won't do with the story. Lumen is starting to grow on me and I'm actually starting to think she would be right for Dexter, but I also expect something bad to happen to her any second, like Jordan Chase figures out what's going on and kills her and of course Dexter avenges her death, but too late....just like Rita.

Really can't wait and see how this all plays out, favorite show at the moment.

Yeah, once they killed off Rita then I gave up on the notion that I know what they will and won't do with the story. Lumen is starting to grow on me and I'm actually starting to think she would be right for Dexter, but I also expect something bad to happen to her any second, like Jordan Chase figures out what's going on and kills her and of course Dexter avenges her death, but too late....just like Rita.

Really can't wait and see how this all plays out, favorite show at the moment.

Definitely, its been my favorite show for awhile.

I do have to say though...remember, there was a time when many of us thought that Lila was a good fit for Dexter....and that Miguel Prado could be his friend, and partner in crime....

So, the tables could turn at any time.

I am PUMPED to see how he pulls off the killing of such a high-profile guy as Jordan Chase, though.

Yeah, that would interesting just because the entire foundation of the relationship would be...well, solid, I guess.

But I don't see it happening because that would be kind of insulting to Rita's kids, even though I guess they're pretty permanently out of the picture,

...or are they?

The preview for next week's ep, with "someone" at the front door? That could be the grandparents with kids in tow.

...or are they?

The preview for next week's ep, with "someone" at the front door? That could be the grandparents with kids in tow.

Idk, I never see the previews, I watch bootleg versions online a day or two after they air because I don't have Showtime at school :ols:

Interesting though....could be Quinn, stopping by when he knows only Lumen is there.

Idk, I never see the previews, I watch bootleg versions online a day or two after they air because I don't have Showtime at school :ols:

Interesting though....could be Quinn, stopping by when he knows only Lumen is there.

One thing I've learned about previews is that they rarely tell you what you think they're telling you.

One thing I've learned about previews is that they rarely tell you what you think they're telling you.

Exactly. The preview makes it look like it's night and someone is trying to break in and come and get her. Thus, I predict, it's the grandparents maybe with kids in tow

Exactly. The preview makes it look like it's night and someone is trying to break in and come and get her. Thus, I predict, it's the grandparents maybe with kids in tow

Yeah, I agree that it is most likely something very benign, the neighbor that Rita kissed maybe...Lumen shoots him maybe? That'll definitely make for an interesting twist :ols: not that I think it's likely because that would be really hard to resolve in the next couple episodes.

Archived